Optimum and Alien products

Status
Not open for further replies.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi I'm a newbie here in this detailing forum and i have been reading alot of the posts here. The work done on cars are really good but i have a question if any body can enlighten me.

1. What is the difference between Detailien, KC2, Alienclean, OPC, and other Optimum and alien detailing products?

2. How come most of the post done by this KC2 guy and 1 or 2 others then a flock of many others come and say good work and praise for a good job? Looks like afew guys just do the work all the others spectators only. Seems funny to me. Or there are others but they don't want to share?

2. How come in this forum only use Optimum and Alien detailing products? I never see any other brands used or recommended here? Why is that? You have Turtle wax, Meguiars, Soft 99, Perma Glass, etc etc so many lah? not allowed in this forum is it? Sorry ah if I don't know the rules.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Thanks 12safefuel for asking

this was what I used to need

check out my work at Meg USA Forum New car paint damaged by irresponsible dealer! Warning when collecting new car

and

now I only need this

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

would you reckon using all the over the counter product could deliver this babe ....at the end of the day

I am to share & empower others to care for their ride....come & join my clinic soon
and you will learn how to do it

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Hi I'm a newbie here in this detailing forum and i have been reading alot of the posts here. The work done on cars are really good but i have a question if any body can enlighten me.

1. What is the difference between Detailien, KC2, Alienclean, OPC, and other Optimum and alien detailing products?

2. How come most of the post done by this KC2 guy and 1 or 2 others then a flock of many others come and say good work and praise for a good job? Looks like afew guys just do the work all the others spectators only. Seems funny to me. Or there are others but they don't want to share?

2. How come in this forum only use Optimum and Alien detailing products? I never see any other brands used or recommended here? Why is that? You have Turtle wax, Meguiars, Soft 99, Perma Glass, etc etc so many lah? not allowed in this forum is it? Sorry ah if I don't know the rules.
Hi. Welcome to this forum.

Everyone is free to share anything they like on this forum. It's owned by zth.

Maybe it's because we are the only ones willing to teach others about detailing and are always here to show others how to get started with detailing through our post.

We would love to hear your opinion and feedback as well and your posts about your detailing adventure.

Good luck!

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I'm still lurking around here. Detailing is a hobby to me so there's not much I can showcase as I only do maintenance on my own rides and rarely do I do any other cars. Hence my experience is just in maintenance as oppose to commercial/professional details. But, throughout the years I've tried quite a variety of products for maintaining my rides, I might be able to assist in choosing something that would suit the individuals within their specific requirements/tastes as I believe each people has their own expectations and limitations. So it's either choose a product that would suit you or get a product that would change you.

Regards.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
This was mine.... A long long time ago.... Almost 100% exclusively and very expensively Meguiar's.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
To my personal choice when buying/using any detailing product is I always make sure it is as safe as possible for my ride(doesn't damage surfaces), myself(my health) & the environment. Personally now I avoid all detailing products that contains petroleum/kerosene/harsh solvents...etc.

Just use whatever you want, if you like that particular brand and still contains harsh chemical but provide good results... go for it. As for me I'm sticking to water based detailing products & I always read their MSDS. Using any chemical and coming in contact with it always have health risks but I try to minimize that health risk as much as possible.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Yeah....I remember those days also. Had to be 'exclusively' Meguiars since other products are so hard to get hold of. However, time have changed. Even Autobacs had opened their branch here, and brands like Autoglym, 3M, Duragloss, Mothers, Sonax, Scholls, Menzerna, to name a few, can be obtained locally....oh how I wished I have the time and money to keep up.....not to mention the strength.....hehehe....

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Yeah....I remember those days also. Had to be 'exclusively' Meguiars since other products are so hard to get hold of. However, time have changed. Even Autobacs had opened their branch here, and brands like Autoglym, 3M, Duragloss, Mothers, Sonax, Scholls, Menzerna, to name a few, can be obtained locally....oh how I wished I have the time and money to keep up.....not to mention the strength.....hehehe....
Yeah.... seems like a long time ago.

Bro krismas.... It's not the camera that takes good pictures. ;-)..... It's the film! Hahahahahaha....

Cheers bro.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks for the info. So hardcore meguiars so many stuff? Now all change already to optimum? Somemore you all keep until sooooo nicely. For me I'm not so into it until like you guys. But thanks for the info I'm always around in ZTH but not this forum lah. Was curious so I just drop by.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

i just noticed something. You guys buy so much Meguiars stuff. Then use to optimum and Alien stuff based on your post. Then just now I see a Big Meguiars banner on top of the Forum. They allow this? If so you guys are so lucky.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I wouldn't say we used to be 'hardcore' with Meguiars, it's just that others are very difficult to get hold of. And shipping is a big killer if we wanted to get them from oversea online shop. So, those days, it's either Meguiars or Autoglym.

About keeping the stuffs nicesly...well...when it's a hobby you would tend to treasure what you got, regardless whether they work or not...

Regards.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Thanks for the info. So hardcore meguiars so many stuff? Now all change already to optimum? Somemore you all keep until sooooo nicely. For me I'm not so into it until like you guys. But thanks for the info I'm always around in ZTH but not this forum lah. Was curious so I just drop by.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

i just noticed something. You guys buy so much Meguiars stuff. Then use to optimum and Alien stuff based on your post. Then just now I see a Big Meguiars banner on top of the Forum. They allow this? If so you guys are so lucky.
Ehmm

I dont believe in luck - its all about HARD WORK

Hard cores detailer like us comes out from a long way back

almost 10k hits on one single post
[url=http://prodetailing.blogspot.com/2009/10/porsche-930-detail-featured-in-meguiars.html]ProDetailing: Porsche 930 Detail Featured in the Meguiar's Online Newsletter[/URL]

the recognitions from the forum
The legendary Master Seech was the 1st ever Malaysian Featured in Megs newsletter
ProDetailing: Porsche 930 Detail Featured in the Meguiar's Online Newsletter

one of the hundreds pieces of my work
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?52713-New-car-paint-damaged-by-irresponsible-dealer!-Warning-when-collecting-new-car

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?39311-Honda-CRV-rescued-from-paint-shop&highlight=seech

our works
Porsche933 & Ferrari F355

1/777 units in the world
Porsche Design Special Edition Cayman- Detail by seech and KC

another super car
SUPERCAR - Porsche GT3 just detail by Seech & KC

a charity & hands on detailing session empowering others
Charity Detailing Session and Gathering

empowering the orphans and children
Sunbeams Youth , 27 + 01 rides detailed

the difference is

we show -

we lead you by your hand

one of the hundreds of meet ups & hands on Car Detailing session we conducted

whether by road side or yr hse my hse

our contributions to the community
Detailing car clinic by KC - public education & awareness programme

our success is

the selfless self Doc G inventions
&
Detailien that makes the difference

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

we will continue to empower and share our PASSION - that's u

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

to read more
Car detailer: Detailing Session & hand on at Ampang Park automotive week

Last edited:

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
12savefuel,

KC is planning to have another detailing clinic soon. Do drop by.

According to KC, admission to the detailien workshop is FREE! That includes rotary polisher(Makita 9227C) hands on training.

Last edited:

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
12savefuel,

KC is planning to have another detailing clinic soon. Do drop by.

According to KC, admission to the detailien workshop is FREE! That includes rotary polisher(Makita 9227C) hands on training.
Thanks, but don't want to go into all this serious stuff. Moreover if I go its embarrassing to go and not want to take it up seriously then always have to decline offers. You know lah, all the "free" training and workshops are actually free but at then end of they day they try to "push" stuff or further courses. So since i'm not wanting to be serious about it better not waste other peoples time and effort, then I also don't feel so guilty. hahahaha:biggrin: But thanks for the info/offer. Maybe some other day in the future.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks, but don't want to go into all this serious stuff. Moreover if I go its embarrassing to go and not want to take it up seriously then always have to decline offers. You know lah, all the "free" training and workshops are actually free but at then end of they day they try to "push" stuff or further courses. So since i'm not wanting to be serious about it better not waste other peoples time and effort, then I also don't feel so guilty. hahahaha:biggrin: But thanks for the info/offer. Maybe some other day in the future.
There seems to be no free lunch out there... All those detailing clinics (or even hospital :rofl:) out there has an agenda in the end. They would only showcase their own products and their own system - who wouldn't if they are selling it? Duh I say. So most of them are biased in a way. How many people out there would do an unbiased detailing class or show how it is being done? Such thing would usually only happen in some detailing groups where people openly and freely discuss techniques, products, tools and even have a great time together. ZTH detailing forum is pretty much being driven one direction from what I see. Even Mike Phillips from Autogeek would have to showcase the products that Autogeek sells.

Oh yeah, one thing for sure I just realized our very own real deal detailing expert and guru Darren Chang has written several unbiased detailing articles in "The Star" newspaper and his articles are available online for FREE in The Star motoring section. Just search his name and all his articles are within reach. Here are some:
Art of the wash - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides
For that glossy look - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides
SearchGeneral - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides

Noticed that bro Darren did not even focus on an ultimate/god like product brand to use. The understanding of the problem in detail, techniques, tools to use, etc is paramount. :adore:

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
There seems to be no free lunch out there... All those detailing clinics (or even hospital :rofl:) out there has an agenda in the end. They would only showcase their own products and their own system - who wouldn't if they are selling it? Duh I say. So most of them are biased in a way. How many people out there would do an unbiased detailing class or show how it is being done? Such thing would usually only happen in some detailing groups where people openly and freely discuss techniques, products, tools and even have a great time together. ZTH detailing forum is pretty much being driven one direction from what I see. Even Mike Phillips from Autogeek would have to showcase the products that Autogeek sells.

Oh yeah, one thing for sure I just realized our very own real deal detailing expert and guru Darren Chang has written several unbiased detailing articles in "The Star" newspaper and his articles are available online for FREE in The Star motoring section. Just search his name and all his articles are within reach. Here are some:
Art of the wash - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides
For that glossy look - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides
SearchGeneral - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides

Noticed that bro Darren did not even focus on an ultimate/god like product brand to use. The understanding of the problem in detail, techniques, tools to use, etc is paramount. :adore:
hahahaha i find this so entertaining this thread like action tv series. Just like I read all the comments between the Korean car lovers and the Japanese car lovers battling it out via forum posts and statistics. Very entertaining lah. Good way to get people to read the thread.

As so me I pledge no allegiance to any brand. I use what works at a reasonable price and willing to try anything. I use OC2.0 on 2 cars, I use DG, Osren, Megs and Mirka. Why because those are the stuff I could find locally. basically I think that each company has their goof products and not so good products. So i choose the good products from company "A" forget about their not so good products. Like for E.g. Megs OTC stuff to me is not to my liking. but doesn't that make Megs a lousy or terrible brand no. Some somem people like to generalise and make the mistake that is a few of the products are below their standard all must be crap. I don't like Megs OTC stuff but i think they make a great range of pro level polishes. Just like I think DG makes great maintenance products but their polishes aren't that great. So for me I mix and match all my stuff. I use what ever works to get the job done.

I leave you with a great quote which I learn't from a great teacher which thought me about cars which led to working the auto industry my whole life.

"The Best You Know Is Only The Best That You Have Tried"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The highly popular 1,5L Vios has been facelifted for 2021 and is set to arrive with a new sportier face and a range of new safety features. Bookings are now open and will begin now via online and the dealerships. The newly enhanced Vios, with its Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) that includes pre-collision system (PCS) and lane departure alert (LDA) earn it a 5-start ASEAN NCAP safety rating...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience