need some help for 4g92 twincam upgrade.....

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
bar from 0-100km/h need how long ?
now my stock stock need 7-8sec...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
yes coolman91,

you have made the right choice.Like art has been trying to say,its the cheaper and fastest path to increase power.Bro art has posted some very useful...good luck in your project bro.

Wah your stock quite fast also ..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I'm a lazy and not so knowledgeable type of person, so i will recommend go for complete bot kit as all item is new and tailor made to suit your car, i know there is complete package for proton sohc 1.6 so your 4g92 shouldn't have any big problem with it. As i also think abt bot before, i can recalled that you dun even hv to change piston unless you wanna boost more than 1 bar.
Yet since your engine is not in good form right now, better do it one go to save labour charge.

I tried used part before, it's time consuming, full of hassle and high risk. No warranty for used item... if you have good relationship in this line then you able to get good item with good price... i faced hell lot of problem before, so i would rather spend more buy new item with warranty, ease my mind...

Bro Art, later someone knock you out that your engine ketuk number... i also worry abt mine... : )

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
sorry for so so late reply ha ha quite busy this few days......
ZAC
u mean 4g92 block best dont boost more then 1 bar ?
i wish i can 1 shot gao dim engine with BOT on but now my engine leaking black oil quite series jor .... will engine have more problem is engine oil keep on leak ??? my mechanical say my 4 sylinder also leaking pressure aready will it dangerous to drive or last longer ?

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
If engine already severely injured ofcos will die earlier man~~ should fix the problem asap...

4G92 can boost mora than 1bar if you changed internal part, BOT is cheap because it's designed for oem car, no need to tweek engine internal therefore save labour from open engine, piping welding and etc, just pasang and enjoy only... If you use good piston, wanna boost 2bar also no problem...

Since you wanna do your engine at one go, set your target first, how much bhp, how much boost, then only find the suitable part such as gasket, piston, ring and seal & etc within budget which can heal your engine and no need double work when you wanna BOT, just pasang and enjoy...

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
i also wanted to do 1 SHOT but $$ cannot afford ..... if i delay de overhaul and done 1 shot later around 1 year will my black oil leaking damage to other stuff ?

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
engine oil leak abit dun kill the engine 1. jz maintain the oil level. did u noe, some minor modification required to BOT such as drill engine head to let the engine oil flow to turbo and a hole at oil sump to collect oil from turbo. oil pump oso nd to mod abit to have higher oil press. so muz do 1 shot.

zac, piston can withstand 2bar but con rod cant. most ppl engine kong coz piston melt n con rod crack. possible is high compression ratio due make engine easy knocking.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Thanks bro for the highlight, i just give threadstarter a brief idea... : )
Anyway, my dad turbo engine running for few yrs with serious engine oil leaking problem also no problem... but it's unhealthy for sure... the bot kit i mentioned is specially designed for proton 1.6 not sure need to touch up other things or not : )

Bro art, recently my engine very sluggish leh, is it because of hot weather?? of spark plug???

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
hmm in this case i heard u all say BOT on = not modding stuff side the engine but just on on turbo and change the extractor..... so can i know this bot in kit in how much ? and the price include wat stuff... so i wont let people cheat .... the price not no need to be up to date just write how much did u calculate in your mind so i at lest i know a bit the price so i can compare and do some more research ...... btw BOT ON = no need change engine inside stuff ?? sorry ya confuse because all my friends say BOT on they all sure change engine inside stuf quite confuse ...... newbie ya dont get mad Y.Y

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i know there is ome bot pkg very very cheap but i din check it out myself...

What i know is there is a pkg RM7k, include emanage blue, td04, extractor, intercooler + piping, manual boost controller, bov. All new item but not branded stuff lah, whatever you wanna change can just add on... This 7k kit can bot safely on proton 1.6/1.8 manual/auto, no need to change internal... boost i think below 1bar, details forgotten : )

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
boost below 1bar no need to change internals/mod internals.

Click on the link below to confirm how much it will costs you.Or you can ask your mech do for you.

BOT Packages

bash

Sep 26, 2009
perth
hi coolman 91

so what new? looking foward at progress in your project
in my experience there will always a new mods to be done after this like gearbox ratio,
driveshaft it will never stop man been there b4

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
BASH
u are right maybe ha ha...
i think i will going to BOT on and play for it but dont know which BOT on setup.... got extra idea ?

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
wow, for those mitsubishi car, i juz recomment to put 4g93t, got turbo mivec not bad. its a lot thing u can do to it. but, i also an NA lover.....so its enough to put 4g93, if u mod so much to it, can u handling the car?? its the point.

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
yeap i can ..... XD
but the problem is my car is 4g92 mah if i put in a 4g93 need go JPJ and do this and that damn mafan and need KOPI OH 9 9 de leh..... lazy and wanted to save this money.........

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
4g92 got a limit la, ur car is manual or auto? i think if u want performance, u sure need fully overhaul and then change to performance part....

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
manual la XD ha ha
what u mean after overhaul then change to performance parts ?
i am going to overhaul XD so can i know what do u mean for your performance part ?

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
ok, since u think to overhaul, u can change
-light weight connecting rod
-performance piston
-high cam*
-adjusting pulley
-performance valve and valve spring
-bigger size thorthel body
-fuel pump
-fuel injector
-aluminum radiator
-performance ECU
-full set performance exhaust
-light weight pulley
*high cam will make the car timing up and down unsteady

this is those thing u can change maybe still got other la.
other is, u can do is
-change performance head gasket(thinner)
-size up the piston

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
ok, since u think to overhaul, u can change
-light weight connecting rod
-performance piston
-high cam*
-adjusting pulley
-performance valve and valve spring
-bigger size thorthel body
-fuel pump
-fuel injector
-aluminum radiator
-performance ECU
-full set performance exhaust
-light weight pulley
*high cam will make the car timing up and down unsteady

this is those thing u can change maybe still got other la.
other is, u can do is
-change performance head gasket(thinner)
-size up the piston
bro, his budget 6-7k...including BOT project.

better bot ..upgrade brakes+tire+absorber...no point havin fast car that you cant control or you cant stop

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
ok ok thanks.....
but now i think i will just overhaul and PNP and then over size metal gasket ....
are this 2 stuff correct ?? and BOT on later on XD wa ka ka ka

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We know that the Lexus LFA sounds really good, but never figured that it was this good. Lexus released a new video showing the V10 supercar roaring to life on a dyno machine and shatters a champagne glass as it revs to 9000rpm all the way to over 260km/h. Now we all know that videos these days can be fake, edited to make it seem like the real thing but aacording to the Lexus press release (posted below), there's zero...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience