New Myvi 2016, any some issues?

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of getting a new 2016 Myvi 1.5 Auto Advance model for my wife. Any reservations from anyone for this model especially, past experiences with this 2016 model?

BOOT LEAKAGES
Was at the Authorized Service Center the other day and as I was passing-by the repair bay area, I mentioned casually that the new Myvi was leaking at the back, since there was water located on the boot tray! Cut the long story short, the mechanic chided me, saying "Is this your car? If not, go away!"

Feeling rather unhappy about how I was treated, I gathered with other Perodua car owners and discussed about stuff while watching the mechanic from the corner of my eye to see what was he up to. Sure enough he was looking for leakage as he took the car apart above the leakage area. What I wanted to say is, is there anyone else facing water leakage issues in the boot area?

MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM
Recently I bumped into a sweet lass who just got her new wheels Myvi 1.5 SE Edition, and she was recommending to buy the SE Edition and not the Advance Edition as she was telling me that the Multimedia System was designed to FAIL! Any experiences on this one?

AIRBAGS
I have reservation about my airbags and I have tried Zerotohundred Search function to find out all that I can about this airbags but there is nothing to pacify my reservations just yet. I know what all you guys are thinking but hold your horses and hear me out.

With Honda, Toyota and Nissan together with a whole gang of car manufacturer's recalling their airbags something is seriously wrong with this bags! The latest issue was in the US, when a truck load of airbags and their canister from Takada blew-up, flattened a home nearby, killed someone and injuring a few others. Later did I find out that Ammonium Nitrate is used in the airbag mechanism to inflate the airbags and this chemical deteriorates over time! Thus posing a REAL-RISK to everyone.

The latest death of a woman driver due to airbags here, when another car grazed the rear of her Honda car. Now not an accident but GRAZED the rear side of the car! Now lets ignore the death part for a while and make an assumption that I am driving along the highway. Suddenly the same scenario happens, another car grazes the rear of my car, which causes the airbags to inflate.

If I am not dead the moment the airbags are deployed, can someone please teach me how do I drive safely with those fully inflated airbags obscuring the entire view of the road ahead at 120km/hr?

Can someone tell me, when the airbags inflates at such a force, will I be able to keep my hands on the steering wheel when it is MOST NEEDED in order to continuing to drive safely to safety before coming to a stop?

It appears to me, I am good as dead, the moment the sensors are triggered to activate those airbags, cause I will be in a fatal crash soon! I do not think there is any difference to either whether the airbags are set-up to the ECU or otherwise. Unless someone can prove otherwise that the ECU can detect that I am still alive and able to control the vehicle and not trigger to activate the airbags despite being grazed!

CAR MAKES & AIRBAGS
What happened in the BMW was a different matter. If anyone did realize the frame of the car was not totally compromised, albeit a bit at the back which probably resulted in rear window blowing out. If there was a 100% full frontal collision, perhaps the driver would not live to tell the tale, no matter how many airbags that baby has.

Since as some has graciously put it, cars that are available to the hard working man on the street are made from tin cans, i.e. it makes no difference if the car has airbags or not, since everything will crumple up under extreme forces, which explains the high death rates accidents despite cars now being fitted with airbags. If airbags can actually bounce off all that energy and metal from reaching the driver and passenger inside, than it is a different story but that is hardly the case.

The real safe feature is still the safety-belt with pretensioners and limiters, which immediately locks-down into position the very moment stress is engaged. Thereby preventing the passengers & driver from being thrown about in a vehicle.

Look at all the motor sports what is important is the sturdiness of the roll cage and it's seat-belt system and compare that to our cars, seat-belt system in tin cans and they have the audacity to put STARS on these cars and make us try to make us "believe" with airbags in our modern day car are safer than ever, when it is actually NOT!

In my personal opinion, since everyone else has been lulled into believing airbags are indeed safe in exchange for tin cans instead of a roll cage, which is profitable, hence it makes sense from the business point of view.

I think it would be interesting to find out who are the owners of the 2 airbags companies that are here, would it? Then again, they can and will always use nominees. But if someone is able to dig deeper, surely something will give.

Sorry for my rant, I am still driving a Toyota Corona TT141 1.8 Auto, solid as ever, even without airbags and I would never trade this baby for anything. Just that you know, in it's manual it states Lifetime Satisfaction! Yes, it lives up to it name but its a damn gas guzzler!

If anyone wishes to enlighten me about scenarios about airbags, please do so, I would sincerely appreciate them very much.

CRASH TEST
Finally, where can I find detail information about crash test information. Is it in Zerotohundred?

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Service centers are like that. Malaysia mah....
You should try visiting Proton's SC.

Lagi best.

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
After that encounter, now I am thinking of changing to another car make instead. Car manufacturers must learn and teach its service centers to be polite no matter what. Customers always comes first, Customers always right, irregardless of whatever the Boss says! Boss "cerita kemudian" but customers comes first. No customers, means no boss, no boss means no employees.

Proton! I am surprised that this company is still magically going-concern in accounting terms and it is always going to be of concern for everyone. Personally, it should have "gulung-tikar" a long time ago.

An old lady who came to Malaysia under My Second Home Programme has much to say about Proton. Her Satria key fob or remote control had problems, so asked me to help her out after the local Service Center couldn't help her resolve the issue despite all the trips she had made. I thought perhaps language was the issue.

So a meeting was set and I drove her car all the way to KL just like what ken yeang wrote about visiting them and I thought what privilege perhaps the MD of Proton was going to personally rectify the problem, since to get something fixed, proton cars personally need to driven all the way up to KL.

At first I was truly amazed at the state of the art Proton's building and showroom, I thought perhaps Proton had changed with its new pussy logo etc after all Proton was legendary for its power windows issues. Then I waited and waited and waited until I decided to go home after all that waiting, since nobody could do or fix anything. To make the story even shorter, the old lady sold her Satria and flew back home to England and I doubt she will ever buy a Proton again. So the term Service Center I personally think has been too loosely used, it should be plain basic Tiada Servis!

I hope that Perodua will learn from Proton and not repeat the same senseless business tactics or so called mistakes. You see in business, one cannot expect to keep on bluffing the customer all the time and expect the customer to carry-on being suckered every single time. It doesn't work like that in real life. You can bluff the first time, the second time its considered lucky but the 3rd on it really stretching one's luck, perhaps they don't want to see the customer again! This is where my relationship is at with Proton.

"Lagi best" may be the caption, but really "best apa?" I remember walking into the showroom and being flabbergasted and complained so much as I inspected the showroom unit. Even the Sales Advisor was afraid that I complained too much, as he politely said "Sir, I have never met anyone yet quite like you!", "kalau tidak, sure maki-hamun" all come out! Then again, maybe it did come out, after I left the showroom. :stupido2:

Sometimes I wonder, do car designers actually the own cars that they design or do they buy some other more expensive make and let others test out their ingenious designs? If they own cars that they design, surely they will design cars with less potential problematic areas or at least easy for maintenance wise. If not for my wife, surely another car make already.

Then again, maybe I am just too damn "cerewet" a buyer cause if I am going to spent my hard earn $$$, I expect it to perform satisfactorily until the end of its life or my life, or whichever comes first. Bang for your buck, the PM said once, I say "jangan kena" bang! :driver:

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
As a lagi best myvi owner myself (not the latest 2016 model, but same lah) I think I can answer your doubts:

Question no 1.
Answer: No.
Bonus answer: I never had problem with P2 SC so far. I even managed to claim for a set of new rotor and brake pads when I told them that my disc brake tak makan already becoz of uneven wear and they let me claim without asking much.

Question no 2.
Answer: The girl failed the multimedia unit. Not the other way round coz obviously she doesn't know how to use it. I have no problem with my multimedia unit. But this thing is not a necessity. As long as u have radio player, and waze in handphone, no prob.

Question no 3.
Answer: P2 had made recalls due to electric power steering problem and I read that only 3 cars were affected out of many but they went ahead with a recall. I am sure if their air bag is affected, they would do a recall too.

Opinion: Air bags are designed to save life. It is proven. And nobody keep on driving if the air bag pops out. It shall only pops out when there is a collision great enough to trigger the sensor. If it pops out without a collision, then its faulty. And please do not keep on driving it at 120kmh. Suggest you not to drive it even at 12.0kmh

Bonus opinion: Screw the myvi. Get the Bezza. It is more advanced.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As a lagi best myvi owner myself (not the latest 2016 model, but same lah) I think I can answer your doubts:

Question no 1.
Answer: No.
Bonus answer: I never had problem with P2 SC so far. I even managed to claim for a set of new rotor and brake pads when I told them that my disc brake tak makan already becoz of uneven wear and they let me claim without asking much.
My daughter's company Alza claim disc and pads also

Question no 2.
Answer: The girl failed the multimedia unit. Not the other way round coz obviously she doesn't know how to use it. I have no problem with my multimedia unit. But this thing is not a necessity. As long as u have radio player, and waze in handphone, no prob.
Navigation on my 2 Din HU I also never use.....lol

Question no 3.
Answer: P2 had made recalls due to electric power steering problem and I read that only 3 cars were affected out of many but they went ahead with a recall. I am sure if their air bag is affected, they would do a recall too.

Opinion: Air bags are designed to save life. It is proven. And nobody keep on driving if the air bag pops out. It shall only pops out when there is a collision great enough to trigger the sensor. If it pops out without a collision, then its faulty. And please do not keep on driving it at 120kmh. Suggest you not to drive it even at 12.0kmh

Bonus opinion: Screw the myvi. Get the Bezza. It is more advanced.
Ah! You going to get a Bezza?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Sometime buying cars or anything is depends on your luck..
Well I do drove a Satria before, where accident until dont know how to describe also the airbag will not come out.. at the end trow out the stupid airbag steering and change a new Nardi Steering wheel (look more sportier...):thrasher::thrasher:

Do agreed with you, you demand for what that you pay for but sometime we do not have the time for the demand you see.. look at VW owner... the time that ding dong till now.. all VW owner seling off their cars with tears drop from their heart till pocket. Peugeot also the same man, my cousin sell off his 508 because of this Ding Dong thingy.. he got no complaint on the cars but the spare part waiting time... lol.. killing him...

Back to Perodua..
I had owned a few of perodua cars.. SC I can tell you.. not all the same, agreed that some of them are F**kup... I able to get a SC where told me back dont waste my warranty and claim whatever at the last year under warranty of my car... they even change some of the parts without check, just saw leaking they change off for me since I really never complaint anything, just smile at the every time I go SC...

Try other SC then do your own survey... go to the SC that you feel comfortable...
Good Luck..

Last edited:

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Thank you cvkit17 and vr2turbo for your answers.

Answer 2 Multimedia: I reckon you are right, if the Multimedia had issues it would be tough to sell cars with defective multimedia units. The sweet young thing may have actually bought some else's story. Probably an old wife's tale, probably cooked up by someone just to save a couple of bucks. Furthermore it is not like that my wife and I KNOW how to use it even, which will most probably end up like vr2turbo case hardly even used! Wonder would that be a good selling point when the time comes, hardly even used or hardly bother to use! :rofl:

Answer 3 Airbags: That is the notion of airbags to save life provided the car is able to even hold up to its shape in the first place. When British Jeremy Clarkson said they've made metal out of plastic, he really meant it! Try to imagine, how much compact can a compact car afford to get in an event of a crash without causing any injury, when a high degree of things are made from plastic, which offers zero protection from structural rigidity and they efficiently call them designed to absorb the energy of collision or some other mumbo-jumbo terminology.

Yes I am with you, that the Myvi is NOT even going to see 120km/hr for the rest of its life.
But the suggestion of not hitting 12km/hr, I am deeply and spiritually awakened even with airbags and its ineffectiveness! If that is the case, I rather be facing silicone bags than airbags if I have to necessarily spend that kind of $$$.

That leads me to another Question 4: Are airbags a requirement according to the LAW at this point in time OR it is still an option for car manufacturers since it was mentioned by the Transport Ministry, this was brought up in another thread?

You cannot possibly imagine how much I want to screw Myvi and get the Bezza for its more advanced, then again screw my wife for a sweet young thing is much easier said than done. After a decade of production I would expect better but the latest Myvi must be the ugliest ever, after all the plastic surgery. This is what my wife had to say, it doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside since we are inside of the car. I trust you can imagine what comes next.

Yang menurut perintah,
Berkidmat untuk Negara!

P/S: Why did Zerotohundred had to change the fonts type? The older font type were much easier to read unlike the existing ones, wherein I have to squint my eyes to focus on those extremely slender alphabets to make out the words and figure out what the writer is trying to say. Affects of old age! :banghead:

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Thank you for your advice, mag9556. Will try to smile the next time when I go to SC just to observe things, then again it is not fool proof as you may be better looking either more handsome or more pretty, hence you get better treatment than me. I blame genetics! :banghead:

What's with these European makes no spares at all. A lawyer friend met an accident and his Passat was just sitting in the workshop like forever in the workshop until he decided it was time to get another car. Perhaps European makes cars with the idea that in Malaysia money do indeed grow on trees!

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sometime buying cars or anything is depends on your luck..
Well I do drove a Satria before, where accident until dont know how to describe also the airbag will not come out.. at the end trow out the stupid airbag steering and change a new Nardi Steering wheel (look more sportier...):thrasher::thrasher:

Do agreed with you, you demand for what that you pay for but sometime we do not have the time for the demand you see.. look at VW owner... the time that ding dong till now.. all VW owner seling off their cars with tears drop from their heart till pocket. Peugeot also the same man, my cousin sell off his 508 because of this Ding Dong thingy.. he got no complaint on the cars but the spare part waiting time... lol.. killing him...

Back to Perodua..
I had owned a few of perodua cars.. SC I can tell you.. not all the same, agreed that some of them are F**kup... I able to get a SC where told me back dont waste my warranty and claim whatever at the last year under warranty of my car... they even change some of the parts without check, just saw leaking they change off for me since I really never complaint anything, just smile at the every time I go SC...

Try other SC then do your own survey... go to the SC that you feel comfortable...
Good Luck..
Yup, agree with you on the different SC, and not only SC but sales team too.
I heard from friends saying this SC good, that SC no good and from many of them too. For sales team the same thing, some service you immediately when you walk in to view the car, some look at you first and excess whether you are worth approaching......lol:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Thank you cvkit17 and vr2turbo for your answers.

Answer 3 Airbags: That is the notion of airbags to save life provided the car is able to even hold up to its shape in the first place. When British Jeremy Clarkson said they've made metal out of plastic, he really meant it! Try to imagine, how much compact can a compact car afford to get in an event of a crash without causing any injury, when a high degree of things are made from plastic, which offers zero protection from structural rigidity and they efficiently call them designed to absorb the energy of collision or some other mumbo-jumbo terminology.

P/S: Why did Zerotohundred had to change the fonts type? The older font type were much easier to read unlike the existing ones, wherein I have to squint my eyes to focus on those extremely slender alphabets to make out the words and figure out what the writer is trying to say. Affects of old age! :banghead:

Airbags not compulsory at the moment unlike safety belts. If compulsory then old car also need to fit them.

The fonts, you can set. I think you set to Times Roman that is why your post look different from ours

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

[/COLOR]Thank you for your advice, mag9556. Will try to smile the next time when I go to SC just to observe things, then again it is not fool proof as you may be better looking either more handsome or more pretty, hence you get better treatment than me. I blame genetics! :banghead:

What's with these European makes no spares at all. A lawyer friend met an accident and his Passat was just sitting in the workshop like forever in the workshop until he decided it was time to get another car. Perhaps European makes cars with the idea that in Malaysia money do indeed grow on trees!

Sorry man... Dont think like that man, we can not blame genetics.. i had been treat like sh*t before from other SC ok (you read more below, how I was treated in showroom)... this SC is very different.. they treat all kind of people the same way..
Ok,try the SC in Sentosa Klang where nearby NSK Klang.. if you are near.. there is less people on weekdays but Saturday wise, you better go there early.. they served very different ways..
Wifi, coffee, aicond, Astro, newpaper.. all got.. even you want to eat, there is a small mamak shop just opposite the SC but a bit dirty la..
By the way, the untie (Supervisor in charged) looks a bit :mad::mad: but very nice person

Yup, agree with you on the different SC, and not only SC but sales team too.
I heard from friends saying this SC good, that SC no good and from many of them too. For sales team the same thing, some service you immediately when you walk in to view the car, some look at you first and excess whether you are worth approaching......lol:biggrin:

Sales Team... haiz... don't know what to commend man...
Actually I like to mod cars and dont like to buy recondition cars since feels like not worth it.. got many time drive my Kancil (looks totally ori 1995 version from outside, just got airscoop) to car show room.. I tell you.. I just like wearing a transparent shirt, no one see me at all.. Go Totoya, Toyota like that, go Merc, Merc like that, Volvo the same.. Honda... Japanese (sushi), European(pizza), US(steak), Korean(kimchi)..you name it.. Perodua and Proton also ya...
Not to say I can not afford it, because I dont like to drive a car that I unable to mod coz of itchy hand of mine...

Well.. thats me..

Last edited:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
For me, myvi is my saviour...no mater how big is the issue, it won't be as hard as conti cars....if there's any issue on my myvi, it can be rectify quickly rather than my other car which have to leave the car in workshop for few days or weeks :proud:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sales Team... haiz... don't know what to commend man...
Actually I like to mod cars and dont like to buy recondition cars since feels like not worth it.. got many time drive my Kancil (looks totally ori 1995 version from outside, just got airscoop) to car show room.. I tell you.. I just like wearing a transparent shirt, no one see me at all.. Go Totoya, Toyota like that, go Merc, Merc like that, Volvo the same.. Honda... Japanese (sushi), European(pizza), US(steak), Korean(kimchi)..you name it.. Perodua and Proton also ya...
Not to say I can not afford it, because I dont like to drive a car that I unable to mod coz of itchy hand of mine...

Well.. thats me..
A few months back, we went out testing the 4 SUV. X-Trail, CRV, CX-5 and Forester.
X-Trail just out, having sale promo, even though quite big crowd, we were attended to, and got to test drive.
Then went to Honda, same time Civic was launch. Plenty of people but most were seeing the Civic. CRV very little people see. As we look at show car, no one attended to us. When we ask about the car, the sales fellow just pass to us the catalogue, so we just walk off.....lol
Next was Mazda, also having promo, but was attended to, and we got to test drive
Then to Subaru, was attended to and test drive also, but then Subaru less people. To them Probably those who go and see are most likely buyers......hahhahahhaa:biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
A few months back, we went out testing the 4 SUV. X-Trail, CRV, CX-5 and Forester.
X-Trail just out, having sale promo, even though quite big crowd, we were attended to, and got to test drive.
Then went to Honda, same time Civic was launch. Plenty of people but most were seeing the Civic. CRV very little people see. As we look at show car, no one attended to us. When we ask about the car, the sales fellow just pass to us the catalogue, so we just walk off.....lol
Next was Mazda, also having promo, but was attended to, and we got to test drive
Then to Subaru, was attended to and test drive also, but then Subaru less people. To them Probably those who go and see are most likely buyers......hahhahahhaa:biggrin:
maybe me not handsome and my head got written me no $$ kua.. lol...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Mag9556, you are being modest. Its proven good looking males and pretty females always gets the best treatment. I guess you are right, trying out different SC to see which fits like a glove is the best option.

Dreamt about European marques yesterday and this is what the dream says about no spare parts theory. Since Europe population is not replacing itself naturally and numbers are dwindling, it makes sense that every life is priceless. Hence when there is an accident, the car is scrapped immediately since its safety has been compromised, maybe extent just got scratch! When life is priceless, safety is paramount, so they really cannot afford to screw around with "kereta potong".

Compare that to Asia, where everyone is breeding like rabbits, life becomes worthless since there are so many jack-rabbits around to begin with! Hence, safety is no longer seen as paramount importance. As such we can see higher & higher number of fatal accidents with every passing year, with NO REAL resolution in sight, as much as the Transport Minister wishes to bemoan and to continue to request for MIROS input is totally ridiculous. I think members of ZerotoHundred can offer way better insights to that of MIROS.

If you do not believe that life here is worthless, maybe this will give a better picture. The Glenmarie shooting, wherein the police massacred 3 teenagers, executed Mafia-styled and not only tried to contaminate evidence but fabricate as well, it does indeed give a better perspective about life in this part of the world. Enough of no spare part theory lol.

AIRBAGS ARE NOT REQUIRED BY LAW
Than it settled then, rather very clearly indeed. Since the government itself is wary of airbags and wishes not to get involved by making it an statute, it cunningly avoids itself from being listed as a defendant especially when the shit hits the fan.

Therefore automobile companies should learn to read tell-tale signs like this, but since it is somehow magically twisted to show that airbags are an important safety feature and it is PROFITABLE and ECONOMICALLY able to be done and to create a brand new market, which I have implied from writings by the Secretary-General of ASEAN NCAP, continue to offer cars with airbags as an OPTION.

Lets refer to some real crashes for now to make same basic comparisons. Remember the latest accident, wherein Honda Stream left a trail of dead bodies strewn all across the expressway at 1am! Surely that Honda Stream would have airbags, wouldn't it? How it is that they are dead and thrown out of their car, if airbags is an important safety feature?

Fact is, the seat-belt the only primary safety feature were probably unfastened which led to their untimely death. If indeed the airbags were truly a safety feature, the driver and front passenger wouldn't have been thrown out from their cars!

Fact is, airbags only acts as "complement" to the only primary safety feature i.e. the seat-belt, airbags are NOT replacements for the primary safety feature and never will. This common misunderstanding has lulled and misled many into thinking that the airbags is a safety feature, since it is has been marketed that way, rendering them to think it is useless to wear their seat-belt since they've got airbags! Even more remarkable there are accessories being marketed to override the seat-belt warning system in an event the seat-belt is unfastened.

So far the above only shows the "effectiveness or rather the ineffectiveness of airbags" in an event of a crash. Wait I try do more studies to try to understand how airbags actually work or their design or are there inherent risk in their primary designs or whatever. The mere fact that there are more than 63 million cars worldwide in need of airbags replacement or whatever, shows that something grave is happening with or more so without consumers knowledge. Or 63 million cars and counting, as more airbags are continually being installed and stand the risk of being recall in the future! Something somewhere will give either way.

Here with some thoughts for everyone to think about from a legal perspective.

If you are the government itself under the existing circumstances, would leave airbags as it is i.e. up to the manufacturers to decide to install them OR would you make it mandatory thing?

If you are the automobile manufacturer, would you continue to market airbags in all your cars since the market is naive enough to buy into the safety feature story or would you offer cars without airbags as a safety feature, (not the other way round for obvious reasons) in order to avoid full blown recalls in the future or at least minimize the quantity of recalls in the future.

[/FONT]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone teach me or help me on installing wira s.e bumper to wira sedan?? and the grill.. coz i install the grill, seen like "terkeluar" from the lamp..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience