need some help for 4g92 twincam upgrade.....

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
if u put metal gasket 1st b4 turbo...u r lowering the compression ratio...which will result to sluggish feel

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009
ok ok thanks.....
but now i think i will just overhaul and PNP and then over size metal gasket ....
are this 2 stuff correct ?? and BOT on later on XD wa ka ka ka
if can better do simultaneously...do the overhaul +gasket+ BOT together..save on labour

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

and like Yong said,if you change gasket 1st then you will suffer...until you complete the BOT

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
oh ok ..... so i overhaul and PNP 1st can i ?? or still got stuff that i can do before bot on...
because my BOT on will BOT on after 1 year like this so quite long .... that y i just overhaul and play long time 1st.... so in the overhaul time still got what i change that can add hp de ??
sorry ya.... my plan is BOT on later with HIGH BOOST around 1.5bar .... that y i am saving 1 SHOT do 1.5bar.... any idea .... and can my block stand 1.5bar ??

artworkz

Jul 3, 2008
1.5 bar block can, but con rod maybe cant run 1.5 bar in all time. y dun jz use normal gasket before bot. wen wan bot, u jz change to GSR piston. change piston no need to open head, jz open oil sump. plus u need minor mod on oil sump wen bot. i dun think u can drive as normal wen car run without turbo with low compression.
bro yong hv bot experince. ask him advise.

alan_ee90

Oct 4, 2009
cheras
excuse me, can i know wat is bot?? and then as i know for metal gasket for turbo, actually got thinner right? can make the compression higier...is it??

zac

Feb 7, 2007
BOT is bolt on turbo...

thinner gasket make higher compression thus engine response better, however the cr must be controlled otherwise you will spoil the engine...

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
i never bot b4...dun have the chance...but also ask around n do many research about bot..
yes...got thinner gasket also for those NA kaki who wan higher compression...but ignition timing have 2 jaga a bit..

doing 1 shot save a lot on labour...like when i transplant engine...i quickly replace the cam,clutch and xtractor....save me a few hundred buck...

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
i know.... but i cant do it 1 shot.... haiz.... i think my turbo project also need buy step by step then only go work shop install and so on.... that y my project need 1year... T.T

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
dont want la.... 1 shot i still need long long time leh.....
maybe 1 year maybe 2 year that time my car dont know black oil leak until how !.....

alan_ee90

Oct 4, 2009
cheras
then u slow slow enjoy the power lo, like that also good.... bcs if u 1 shot feel the full power, then fast boring, slow slow feel then u will feel syok

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
ya ya this is my plan also..... in the between overhaul can do wat for MAXIMUM NA ??

alan_ee90

Oct 4, 2009
cheras
hmmm, juz for easy la, juz make the piston size bigger and change the connecting rod to lighthen, and change lighthen flywheel....cam and cam pulley

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
i heard some friends ask me do this ...
change throttle body and intake manifold to perdana is this suit me ??
will this help me a lot ??

zac

Feb 7, 2007
if you plan to BOT then dun waste your budget on this kind of mod... BOT itself will bring enough power, even if you wanna upgrade after BOT you should go for aftermarket item which perform better than stock perdana item...

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
after i have change to BOT on the TB and IM also can be use back the perdana wat ??
need change again meh ??

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
What adjustable suit for my car .... my budget around 2k...
some ask me find GAB HAB hi/lo adjust series around RM1650
some ask me go for HWL hi/lo
some say go for TEIN good for all Y.Y
confuse now....
i am going 2 use it for high speed and cornering..... so which 1 suit me more....... advice thank you

AD_EG

Apr 5, 2009
What adjustable suit for my car .... my budget around 2k...
some ask me find GAB HAB hi/lo adjust series around RM1650
some ask me go for HWL hi/lo
some say go for TEIN good for all Y.Y
confuse now....
i am going 2 use it for high speed and cornering..... so which 1 suit me more....... advice thank you
if your budget 2k..better get japan adjustable...with hi low / soft hard.

at least can set for comfort and when you wanna play can put stiffer.

Japan Adjustables

Tein HA

you can check with them.got warranty.or you can go halfcut shops find also..like HKS,Cusco

coolman91

Apr 8, 2009
if my budget is below 1.6k ??
just order the radio forgot to cut out so must lower down the budget haiz....
1.6k can get TEIN ?
is my car NA good to add on a SAFC ??
btw wat use of SAFC .....

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Now while playing it safe isn’t always the most sexciting option, sometimes taking the secure route is the logical choice as secure and safe is most likely the dependable selection as well. And you can’t go wrong with dependable, especially in regards to picking a car based on your monthly pay...