Modding a Peugeot 408

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Any recommended tunner for remap or piggyback??

Or is there any a recommended mod shop?? Like go there can get all sorts of parts, accessories, lubes. And price is good and service is good also?? LOL

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't think I know any reputable Peugeot tuner. I can't suggest.

Btw, one other thing about piggybacks is some modern ECUs have the ability to adapt. In some case they can even overwrite the piggyback so be wary about this point. Do your own research from forums and stuff first.

And vr2turbo is right, not all cars can rechip or remap. And I say irreversible because of the fact you'll 99% of the time lose the chip once you replace it la.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't think I know any reputable Peugeot tuner. I can't suggest.

Btw, one other thing about piggybacks is some modern ECUs have the ability to adapt. In some case they can even overwrite the piggyback so be wary about this point. Do your own research from forums and stuff first.

And vr2turbo is right, not all cars can rechip or remap. And I say irreversible because of the fact you'll 99% of the time lose the chip once you replace it la.
My original ECU for 200bhp model cannot re chip. Anyway it died after about a year use but manage to get an ECU for 220bhp unit that can add chip, but decided against modding it further....:smokin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
GT Auto can remap...as they claim. Since you so gung ho...go do it! But warranty void.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advise guysss. I think i will remap it at the final stage, after all hardware mod is done. Which is not much anyway. Probably just go for a few more mods such as downpipe, cat-back and intercooler pippings. Then im done with the hardwares.

Have you guys heard of DKTunning or KTL Tunning??

Thankssss

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thanks for the advise guysss. I think i will remap it at the final stage, after all hardware mod is done. Which is not much anyway. Probably just go for a few more mods such as downpipe, cat-back and intercooler pippings. Then im done with the hardwares.

Have you guys heard of DKTunning or KTL Tunning??

Thankssss
heard those...but never knew the feedback...

dont forget cooling hardware also..since your was autobox...best is to get the atf cooler+small fan for the purpose...

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
What do you guys think of those hardware mods which i mentioned? Ok ah?? Can perform ah??

Talking about auto tranny cooling, have you guys heard about this HAYDEN Transmission cooler? Does it work?? Its not a fan though.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
bro marv3,
u need to have a tt session with some sifu..they can guide u...or sort of brainwash u...hahahha.

u can do simple mod.the fast in and fast out.
meaning change the air filter and exhaust system.allow the engine to breathe easier.

atf cooler like other member mention works best with a fan.so far i only see aftermarket cooler without a fan.maybe have to mod further to add fan.

my personal exp with exora bold which is equipped with atf cooler is that tha fan is also programmed to cool the atf.u should check yr gb if it already have a cooler.it looks like a small radiator.most of the time its in front of the engine radiator.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
bro marv3,
u need to have a tt session with some sifu..they can guide u...or sort of brainwash u...hahahha.

u can do simple mod.the fast in and fast out.
meaning change the air filter and exhaust system.allow the engine to breathe easier.

atf cooler like other member mention works best with a fan.so far i only see aftermarket cooler without a fan.maybe have to mod further to add fan.

my personal exp with exora bold which is equipped with atf cooler is that tha fan is also programmed to cool the atf.u should check yr gb if it already have a cooler.it looks like a small radiator.most of the time its in front of the engine radiator.

That is actually all i plan to do. I currently have Racechip and H&R Springs. Next would be just all the pippings. Downpipe, cat-back, and intercooler pippings. Then only remap. Then perhaps change to better lubes.

I only manage to find those ATF cooler without fan. Like this HAYDEN thing. But i think my car has a fan already but dont know is it to cool the ATF or not. Coz everytime i turn off my engine, you can hear a fan sound still going on for awhile. And there is a big fan infront of the radiator. Is this it???

How to join TT??? LOL.....

THank you guys....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
That is actually all i plan to do. I currently have Racechip and H&R Springs. Next would be just all the pippings. Downpipe, cat-back, and intercooler pippings. Then only remap. Then perhaps change to better lubes.

I only manage to find those ATF cooler without fan. Like this HAYDEN thing. But i think my car has a fan already but dont know is it to cool the ATF or not. Coz everytime i turn off my engine, you can hear a fan sound still going on for awhile. And there is a big fan infront of the radiator. Is this it???

How to join TT??? LOL.....

THank you guys....
the thing abt lube is to use the best lube u can afford from day one.
if u switch to better lube at higher mileage then it might be a waste as yr engine already have wear and tear.
i have been using good lube on my waja since day one.mileage is 186k km and still it does not consume any oil.

i do believe the after run of the fan is for resting the turbocharger.
i cannot say anything further as i am not familiar with yr engine.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

on the tt session..check out the 'grp and meeting' thread.
im new here too so never been on tt with any of the forumner here but from the look of they are one friendly wild bunch...hahah

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
So with all the hardware mods that i mentioned i want to do, should i do the mods first then remap? Or remap first only hardware?? Which is advisable?? Coz different ppl say different things. And im confused now.

Thanks guys.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
What do you guys think of those hardware mods which i mentioned? Ok ah?? Can perform ah??

Talking about auto tranny cooling, have you guys heard about this HAYDEN Transmission cooler? Does it work?? Its not a fan though.
So with all the hardware mods that i mentioned i want to do, should i do the mods first then remap? Or remap first only hardware?? Which is advisable?? Coz different ppl say different things. And im confused now.

Thanks guys.
I have Perma Cool auto transmission cooler. PM me.
Btw, if you don't drive your car hard, a fan might be an overkill.
If the ATF is too cooled(thick), it will harm your autobox even worse.
So a cooler is more than enough even during traffic jam.

BTW, do it after all the hardware. Won't make sense to do it after remap since the map is tuned accordingly to how your car is behaving.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
on the tt session..check out the 'grp and meeting' thread.
im new here too so never been on tt with any of the forumner here but from the look of they are one friendly wild bunch...hahah
We do have a tkss tt session once in a while. Pm bro. Izso, but we do keep it small as we do a lot of DIY or DIT session, so big group will be difficult.....:driver:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I dont think Racechip is a piggy back. It doesnt touch or play with the the original ECU settings. Its just there to trick the MAP sensor and ECU to provide more boost, and fuel. Thats what the website and the SA told me la.

Will take note on the cooling issues with the GB. Planning to change my coolant as well. Gonna do a complete flush.

Have you guys heard anything about changing a downpipe/exhaust system, which then cause the problem of the turbo not spooling maximum?? Got such thing ah???

Thanks so much sifussss......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai..i got.little problem here.. My block alrdy scratch and need to rebore but alrdy 82mm(4g93) so i bought new enjin kosong...my concern is can i use the old 82mm toto piston with condition like in the pictures View attachment 552460 View attachment 552461 View attachment 552462

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience