Living with Euros (Non-BMW,Merc,Audi)

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
EcoBeast sounds good actually

I never thought it'd drop that quick, low 200s for a Mustang sounds pretty good, just need to get over the fact it's not the V8. Although I think it'll still be pretty nice to drive. I like the down to earth yet modern chassis it has, the stance and size of it.

Maybe ship a new crate engine and tranny in any spec you want? Now that'll be something
I didn't think it would drop so quick either. Kinda forseeing that it'll be the next 370z, great car with no market demand. If i can get it around GT86 money id be more than happy. Cause in my mental calculation (GT86 is arnd $26k, Mustang Ecoboost arnd $28K, so seems fair) Yeah EcoBeast is a great name, already thinking of ways to craft and emblem out of it :rofl:. All good on the V8 thing, I've never owned anything larger than a V6 so wouldn't know what I'm missing out on anyway.

That crate engine idea sure would be something. There are so many options to choose from in terms of modifications from what I've seen in the US forums. Now if only I had a money printing machine... On a side note authentic Roush exhausts for the 2.3 are only being sold for 3K + Installation. Should see a rise in aftermarket parts sooner or later :rock:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I didn't think it would drop so quick either. Kinda forseeing that it'll be the next 370z, great car with no market demand. If i can get it around GT86 money id be more than happy. Cause in my mental calculation (GT86 is arnd $26k, Mustang Ecoboost arnd $28K, so seems fair) Yeah EcoBeast is a great name, already thinking of ways to craft and emblem out of it :rofl:. All good on the V8 thing, I've never owned anything larger than a V6 so wouldn't know what I'm missing out on anyway.

That crate engine idea sure would be something. There are so many options to choose from in terms of modifications from what I've seen in the US forums. Now if only I had a money printing machine... On a side note authentic Roush exhausts for the 2.3 are only being sold for 3K + Installation. Should see a rise in aftermarket parts sooner or later :rock:
Why everything in USD. You're in the states? If you are in the states, buy a Lotus Elise. Those things don't depreciate anymore man. And you might profit from it lol.

Reactions: YEBWOY27

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Why everything in USD. You're in the states? If you are in the states, buy a Lotus Elise. Those things don't depreciate anymore man. And you might profit from it lol.
Eh no lah, KL. Just thinking in terms of value. We as Malaysians always say "this only costs blah blah in US, why come malaysia so exp" or "walaowei i go UK website so cheap, come here so exp for what". This is just how i grade the true value of the car. Not about to pay the taxman any more than i have to hahaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Eh no lah, KL. Just thinking in terms of value. We as Malaysians always say "this only costs blah blah in US, why come malaysia so exp" or "walaowei i go UK website so cheap, come here so exp for what". This is just how i grade the true value of the car. Not about to pay the taxman any more than i have to hahaha
Then buy Lotus, still good value compared to prices in the states.

2008 Elise 1zz 5 speed @ ~RM100k now
US prices about $30k for the 2zz 6speed, 2005 & 2006 ones.

Hahaha.

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Then buy Lotus, still good value compared to prices in the states.

2008 Elise 1zz 5 speed @ ~RM100k now
US prices about $30k for the 2zz 6speed, 2005 & 2006 ones.

Hahaha.
I've tried a manual Evora before. They got a certain magic on the move. But that interior is seriously spartan hahahaha. But i guess it goes back to what the car is. Big fan of the Exige 350, not a fan of the price :rofl:.

EDIT: ON THAT NOTE, are lotuses easy to maintain here? I don't imagine they share alot of parts with Toyotas

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I've tried a manual Evora before. They got a certain magic on the move. But that interior is seriously spartan hahahaha. But i guess it goes back to what the car is. Big fan of the Exige 350, not a fan of the price :rofl:.

EDIT: ON THAT NOTE, are lotuses easy to maintain here? I don't imagine they share alot of parts with Toyotas
Easy. Engine and gearbox Toyota.
Lotus Cars Malaysia has a very strong following.

Reactions: Izso

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Ecobeasts can sound good too

mysql2779

Dec 30, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

I am looking at buying an used Renault Clio 1.2 GT , found it's exterior looks good. Then I found this car review done by Bobby , saying that the gearbox ruined the car. Gearbox as in the shifting timing and logic isn't "normal" and Renault might had design the transmission logic in this way to protect the EDC.
Any current Renault Clio 1.2 GT owner can share their experience ?
Is it possible to tune / modify the transmission control unit (TCU) to have logic shifting ?
If YES , where to get it done ?

Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi All,

I am looking at buying an used Renault Clio 1.2 GT , found it's exterior looks good. Then I found this car review done by Bobby , saying that the gearbox ruined the car. Gearbox as in the shifting timing and logic isn't "normal" and Renault might had design the transmission logic in this way to protect the EDC.
Any current Renault Clio 1.2 GT owner can share their experience ?
Is it possible to tune / modify the transmission control unit (TCU) to have logic shifting ?
If YES , where to get it done ?

Thanks.
I don't own a Clio but I have driven one, it's not bad. I mean, for an auto it's great on its own but it's not going to win races if that's what rocks your boat.

Have you test driven it? If not I suggest you test drive one properly first and decide whether it's for you or not and don't base your purchase on someone elses opinion. Bobby is a great reviewer and has good content but he dailies an Aston Rapide and has a ton of other expensive cars in his garage. So in a way his opinion may be skewed.

Reactions: minibeany

mysql2779

Dec 30, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I don't own a Clio but I have driven one, it's not bad. I mean, for an auto it's great on its own but it's not going to win races if that's what rocks your boat.

Have you test driven it? If not I suggest you test drive one properly first and decide whether it's for you or not and don't base your purchase on someone elses opinion. Bobby is a great reviewer and has good content but he dailies an Aston Rapide and has a ton of other expensive cars in his garage. So in a way his opinion may be skewed.
Good point bro. Understood.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience