Last minute lane-changer at toll plaza

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Very often, most of us will find another vehicle from no where or from the furthest left or right of toll plaza area cut across in front of us, just because they find the toll lane in front of us is less congested.
This will make us brake quite suddenly to avoid hitting them....
Sometimes believe it or not!
They even cut diagonally across in front of you, its a very scary experience and i believe it happens to most of us most of the time...

Now can anyone out there suggest ways to "OVERCOME" this dangerous situation?????:smokin::confused:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
just when nearing toll area, just slow down in stages and be alert... always have this situation, always got someone lost his/her TnG, his/her SmartTag got no battery etc...

Rather be honked for being slow than being hit sideways hehe...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Things that I believe I would do:

1. Look left n right. Coz we usually can feel when a car is about to make stupid moves. The usually show the "tendency"
2. If wild stupid driver really steer in front of me out of the sudden, i'll blast the hon kaw kaw let the driver knw his stupidity.

Guess we gotta be alert on the road always. Coz no matter how careful and alert we are, stupidity in some other drivers are limitless.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just when nearing toll area, just slow down in stages and be alert... always have this situation, always got someone lost his/her TnG, his/her SmartTag got no battery etc...

Rather be honked for being slow than being hit sideways hehe...
I agree because we cannot change them so we have to be alert.
I usually look far ahead and set my sight to which Tag lane to go to, and not last minute.....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I agree because we cannot change them so we have to be alert.
I usually look far ahead and set my sight to which Tag lane to go to, and not last minute.....
Tag lanes are quite ok..coz only 2 lanes...but Touch n' Go lanes are abit confusing. We have touch n' go only lanes and tunai + touch n' go lanes. Sometimes I nearly missed it out when Im tired.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tag lanes are quite ok..coz only 2 lanes...but Touch n' Go lanes are abit confusing. We have touch n' go only lanes and tunai + touch n' go lanes. Sometimes I nearly missed it out when Im tired.
I used to queue and pay cash and was thinking, what the h*ll wasting my time so I go myself a Touch n' Go Card. Then as Tn'G got popular also got to queue, so finally got a tag......:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I used to queue and pay cash and was thinking, what the h*ll wasting my time so I go myself a Touch n' Go Card. Then as Tn'G got popular also got to queue, so finally got a tag......:driver:
Yalor..im also thinking of getting one. RM120 :banghead: I'm currently using Touch N Go..really gotta que nowadays

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
What do you think? If u knock someone who changes lane or makes a sudden U-turn, is it your fault or theirs?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Yalor..im also thinking of getting one. RM120 :banghead: I'm currently using Touch N Go..really gotta que nowadays
Some toll got congested SmarTag lanes... just can't remember where

What do you think? If u knock someone who changes lane or makes a sudden U-turn, is it your fault or theirs?
pending police investigation kot?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Few things must be clear before one can decide who's at fault

Sudden change of lane, or taking a turn:

1. Always give signal. If the driver changes lane without signalling and then u bang into him. He's mostly at fault. Unless you are speeding.
2. Always give signal 3 seconds before turning. Now this is actually stated in the undang book. So if u signal while turning, sorry la bro. I see many ppl make movement then only signal.

Sudden U-Turn

1. If dat place is illegal to U-turn, no matter what, he's at fault and can be charges by driving recklessly.
2. If can U-turn but no signal, argument will sure occur. IMHO, both are at fault. 1 dude dint give signal, another dude follows too close.

SO TO ALL DRIVERS OUT THERE ~ SIGNALLLLLLLLL ~ INDICATORRRRRRR ~ USE THEMMMM ~ FREE punya :rofl:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Can't give signal, broke my fingernail la
A true story.... :banghead:

Few things must be clear before one can decide who's at fault

Sudden change of lane, or taking a turn:

1. Always give signal. If the driver changes lane without signalling and then u bang into him. He's mostly at fault. Unless you are speeding.
2. Always give signal 3 seconds before turning. Now this is actually stated in the undang book. So if u signal while turning, sorry la bro. I see many ppl make movement then only signal.

Sudden U-Turn

1. If dat place is illegal to U-turn, no matter what, he's at fault and can be charges by driving recklessly.
2. If can U-turn but no signal, argument will sure occur. IMHO, both are at fault. 1 dude dint give signal, another dude follows too close.

SO TO ALL DRIVERS OUT THERE ~ SIGNALLLLLLLLL ~ INDICATORRRRRRR ~ USE THEMMMM ~ FREE punya :rofl:

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
The reason I asked this is because it happened to a friend of mine some time back.

At a crossroad with traffic lights, my friend has to turn left to go home. A smart motorcyclist with his wife and 2 kids without helmets also turned left to avoid the red light. Means that that guy turned left just to make a U-turn as he didnt want to wait for the green light.

So, at a junction and with a bike with 4 people on it, how fast would u drive? Surely slow right? My friend was slow especially since his house was about 500m away only.

And that is not a legal place to make a U-turn. If u want to turn, U just have to drive up another 100m or so to make a U turn.

No signal from the motorcyclist who went to the far left almost wanting to stop. So, my friend thought he was stopping so he cut to the right a little and moved on. All of a sudden that clown made a U turn. My friend still tried to avoid by cutting further to the right but still could not avoid hitting that motorcycle. The impact wasnt hard at all as the rider was able to use his leg to stop the bike from falling but one of the kids fell and bled at the head. The impact caused my friends bumper to break slightly and dented his bonnet a little.The bike only a few scratches.

Some one took the wife and children to a clinic while my friend and the rider was talking on how to settle. He doesnt want to lodge a report and doesnt want to pair for the damage. And my friend is a type of person who loves his car more than himself.

In the end, my friend decided to lodge a report. The funny thing is the investigating officer said that it was my friend's fault. Why? Because he did not see the bike making a U-turn and said that he could be summoned for reckless driving.

So, the bike was at no fault at all? Making a U turn in a no U turn place is fine? No signalling is fine?

I mean how on earth are we supposed to avoid knocking a someone decides to make a u turn when u r about 2 or 3 metres behind? My friend also questioned that officer about this. It seems that officer said it is still his fault for not paying attention while driving.

Honestly, I dont know whether the officer is right or not. And I was not there to see who was at fault. But based on what my friend's report was and what the officer said, it just doesnt make any sense to me.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Smart TAG got congestion becoz of our road terrible jam lol...VVIP tag also canot help us unless we use heli.

Bro ian, it is not necessarily to stick to 1 police station. Policemen are humans too and I believe many of them dont knw the Undang well. Your friend can actually file another report. Of course, before filing another report, make sure you have all the details e.g. the junction location, accident spot, and if possible, some law statements to protect yourself.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Please do, worth it.....:listen:

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

If car and car, then got to see where you knock. My ex-colleague experience before, car change lane and he whack the driver's door. Made police report and police told him lucky whack front portion, means car turn into his lane. If hit back portion means car already in your lane and you should give way.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Some toll got congested SmarTag lanes... just can't remember where
Probably, front car tag got problem.......:banghead:

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

So, the bike was at no fault at all? Making a U turn in a no U turn place is fine? No signalling is fine?
This was told to me by a friend. Accident with a bike and got no body injury, settle immediately as they will always side the bike. Got one time bike cut into my lane and I hit him, lucky was slow so his bike slightly damaged only, person not injured, so I paid him RM50 to get bike repaired.
If go police station, sure waste time, and probably get fine, then worse, pay even more......:banghead:

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
ppl using smart tag are not all smart ppl..only the tags are smart
normally when the criss cross/suddenly potong line.. they will look at u like u r at fault(with their nostrils flares out)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not all smart tag are smart. My colleague's one always get "Tiada Smart Tag" before the bar opens......:rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
smart tag is actually idiot tag....

mine was faulty just when the warranty is over (new energizer battery oso no use)...dammmm.....really kacau when need to reverse and switch to TnG lane......

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
smart tag is actually idiot tag....

mine was faulty just when the warranty is over (new energizer battery oso no use)...dammmm.....really kacau when need to reverse and switch to TnG lane......
oooohh...so dat time the bugger in front of me reverse in smart tag lane was you !!!! :rofl: jk jk..
How long is the warranty period? A year?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
I am thinking of doing an engine swap for my BMW e46 318Ci currently running on M43 engine to M54b30.

Looking for suggestions for trustable and reasonably priced workshop to this within Selangor area.

Also, any workshop owners are welcome to pm me their business location plus estimated price for this matter.

Just a bit info that i got from another fellow workshop, mine is already facelift so certain things such as the door door doesnt need to be change.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience