Seller BACK OUT Last Minute!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Hi Guys,

Just wanna get some advise and opinion. What would you do if your car seller ( I do not want to mention name here) back out last minute after:

1) Paid 1k for deposit

2) You gone through 3 bankers in 3-4weeks time to get the loan approved. And eventually the loan approved. The Banker asked me whether I'm playing.. Coz I was the one chasing on and on. Go on site just to find the officer in charge.

3) Took 3 days leave for the purpose of running to the banker and signing of documents which was agreed by both parties (but last minute back out).

4) Purchased insurance cover note for RM 1740 before knowing he back out last minute.

5) Purchased a stereo high-end thingy for the purpose of the car. Brought from ZTHian.

I felt like being fooled for doing all the above and eventually he back out!!!.. I have all the prove of the above listed thing that I've done.. and it's now for nothing!

What you guys think and the appropriate ways I should go and deal with this. Kindly advise.

BudakBiru

Known Member
Apr 5, 2004
Slow talk to him and ask what is happening. If the reasons is not good then bring it to the court/ tribunal since you have lost your money and time.

XaMaX

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Somewhere Over
www.yahoo.com
no need to talk much...just tell the seller..if he want to back out...just pay u back what you've use for all the hassle..

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by BudakBiru@Dec 28 2004, 09:10
Slow talk to him and ask what is happening. If the reasons is not good then bring it to the court/ tribunal since you have lost your money and time.
The reason was he needs to delay it coz he can't get his new car, which I think it's not my problem since it's not in the agreement that he has to get his new car in order to sell this.

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
falco,

He has 'no call' on this provided he issued you a 'receipt' or a written form of acknowledgement of his sale to you and money u paid to him. You tell him you will bring this to court if he insists and not paying you on damage.

My fren did this stupid 'trick' before due to his new car was postponed by the sales agent and he 'back out' resulting in the buyer issuing warning and thereafter a legal letter because my fren just ignored the warning. The legal letter is the final step before summoning him to court and he at last have to sell lar..as agreed or otherwise pay. In his case, the buyer haven't bought insurance also..just got loan approved and transfer paper ready (bank ready to settle and take over the car).

Like u said urself, not getting his new car is not your problem..is his !
sorry for ur case but wish u good luck in settling this.

cheers

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Yes.. you can sue him
if you have just one white paper written you have paid deposit
so on for this car..

as well claim damage on it

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by B18C-R@Dec 28 2004, 09:22
falco,

He has 'no call' on this provided he issued you a 'receipt' or a written form of acknowledgement of his sale to you and money u paid to him. You tell him you will bring this to court if he insists and not paying you on damage.

My fren did this stupid 'trick' before due to his new car was postponed by the sales agent and he 'back out' resulting in the buyer issuing warning and thereafter a legal letter because my fren just ignored the warning. The legal letter is the final step before summoning him to court and he at last have to sell lar..as agreed or otherwise pay. In his case, the buyer haven't bought insurance also..just got loan approved and transfer paper ready (bank ready to settle and take over the car).

Like u said urself, not getting his new car is not your problem..is his !
sorry for ur case but wish u good luck in settling this.

cheers
THanks bro for the advise. I have seek advise from my com legal also. They are keen to help.

You mentioned he eventually has to sell or pay otherwise. But it's just not the right feeling anymore to buy the car going through all the legal procedures right? What do you think?..

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by cmng@Dec 28 2004, 09:23
Yes.. you can sue him
if you have just one white paper written you have paid deposit
so on for this car..

as well claim damage on it
I do have written prove of him receiving my deposit and prove from the bank officer that my loan was well approved on the week of 20th Dec 04.

Besides that I have a cover note issued on 23th Dec 04. DO you guys think this is sufficient to claim for damage?

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
if his reason is due to "delay of his car arrival"
the only action u can take is to force him sell his car
the courts will decide that way too...
unless he ENTIRELY do not wish to sell his car to u (he wanna keep it,or sell to other party) then he have to pay u back the money u spent,as well as other special damages (this is the best part): time,distress,transportation,inconvenience "and everything under the sun"

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
falco, i pity you. Even if u get the car eventually.. already potong stim.. ask the seller to compromise to a level whereby u both can agree b4 going to court or whatever. thats the best i think.. unless the seller totally ignores you.

XaMaX

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Somewhere Over
www.yahoo.com
hah..u already get so many advice....what ya waiting for..but the best it...sit down in with the seller...talk kok sing osng settle it.

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by simonchangwaimun@Dec 28 2004, 11:01
if his reason is due to "delay of his car arrival"
the only action u can take is to force him sell his car
the courts will decide that way too...
unless he ENTIRELY do not wish to sell his car to u (he wanna keep it,or sell to other party) then he have to pay u back the money u spent,as well as other special damages (this is the best part): time,distress,transportation,inconvenience "and everything under the sun"
The seller just do not want to sell. I am waiting for his reply by today. I have seek for 1.5k. That's it! Nothing more I asked. I think this is very reasonable. See what he gotto say.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the avise. Best rgds, Merry X'mas and Happy NEw Year my fellow ZTHians...

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
No Name mentioned as I'm not taking revenge. I'm just seeking for compensation of my lost and my stupidity running about for nothing.

It cost me 300bucks for the three days leave I've taken. I managed to cancel my insurance cover note, but it still got charged!

As for the bank, same also.. got to decline and maybe pay for the docs preparation thingy.. Am not sure bout this... Phew it's not just that. I am fishing for another car now. Anybody has a scooby GC8 for sale?.. preferably yr 96 and above...

Not to forget the telephone charges for calling and smsing. At the end I got story!!..

Cheers!

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Think if u win the court case liau... dun buy the car! Else u surely won't be able to live in peace... coz' he'd probably do something to it every time he sees it.

Sorry to hear this... life's a b*tch... especially when u come across b*tch a** people like these...!

E V O L U T I O N

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
if u force him to sell, he could trash the car before passing over to u.

handsome_lala

Known Member
Apr 19, 2004
Originally posted by E V O L U T I O N@Dec 28 2004, 12:00
if u force him to sell, he could trash the car before passing over to u.
I think this is the major concern. Make some compromise with the seller if possible...if not dont buy the car and seek damages from him!!!

falco

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Great opinions guys.. That's what on my mind as well... But I guess the seller is not a bastard anyway... he got his own concern as well.....

No matter what, I will settle this with him in the gentlemen way.....

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Just recently, dealt with this guy who is interested in buying my stuff,
we sms-ed each other close to or more than 50 times, agreed price,
agreed on location of meet up, agreed time, then later, he say he dont want !

WTF man ???? waste my time only wei .. zZzzz

A Post Every 5 Mins

my putra std springs make my car ugly cause damn high.dont like the ride if change to sport springs.

so i was wondering how my car would look if i change to GTi std springs.i notice GTi's are lower than any other normal satria/putra/wira even in std form.

can anyone tell me how much is it lowered?how bout d ride? bumpier than stock putra springs?i wanna b very sure cause i just changed new absorbers.i takut it dont match then my new absorbers kong :eek:

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience