Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No comment/ Need further observation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
IMHO, kimi was not overrated. he is just as fast as michael schumacher, fernando alonso but he is as not as aggresive as either as them when it comes to chase-overtake-pull away. besides, who else Ferrari can get as replacement to schumi? DC? jacques villenueve? takuma sato?
replacement not necessary have to come fr the existing drive line ups.. looks at Hamilton, he'z just lacking experience and he'z doing freaking well for a rookie. :)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
IMHO, kimi was not overrated. he is just as fast as michael schumacher, fernando alonso but he is as not as aggresive as either as them when it comes to chase-overtake-pull away. besides, who else Ferrari can get as replacement to schumi? DC? jacques villenueve? takuma sato?
Err weren't you watchin all the while... Not aggresive?? Are you kidding?? In McLaren, Kimi has started mid pack several times, and caught up to finis on the podium.

In the British GP yesterday, KR caught up to both Lewis (before pitstops) and Alonso (before KR's 2nd stop), pushing them HARD. And WON!!!

And he even lapped up to a second faster, pulling away from Fernando, AFTER his pitstop, on hard tires (same as Alonso)

Kimi not aggresive?? wat a laugh!!

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i think he didn't mean that kimi lacking aggression... but rather, he's lacking the madness of Schumi.. lol. Well, he'z Iceman for a reason.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The 2 most aggressive guys on the grid are Alonso and Raikkonen. The both of them fling their cars around the track like a rag doll. Which sort of explains why Kimi tends to breaks his fragile McLaren so often last time :p

I think the main "weakness" that Raikkonen has that maybe the Schumachers and Alonsos of this world don't have, is sudden lack of motivation. Perhaps his private life has something to do with it. I don't know. But he does seem to sometimes lose concentration and don't seem duly bothered about giving a 100%.

I think recent criticism after lacklustre performances and getting outshined by Massa has given him the kick up the arse that he needs and he's back. I have no doubts that a fully motivated Raikkonen, in a competitive car, is about as fast as just about anybody.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BTW If Kimi was overrated,
Peter Sauber wouldn't have placed him in a F1 car despite his inexperience,
Ron Dennis wouldn't have hired him after one years experience to replace Mika,
and Jean Todt wouldn't have sought him as Schuey's replacement.
don't forget how hard they fought FIA for his super license... he was on the edge of being throw out of F1 just after 4 races for the reason of being too inexperienced...

Err weren't you watchin all the while... Not aggresive?? Are you kidding?? In McLaren, Kimi has started mid pack several times, and caught up to finis on the podium.

In the British GP yesterday, KR caught up to both Lewis (before pitstops) and Alonso (before KR's 2nd stop), pushing them HARD. And WON!!!

And he even lapped up to a second faster, pulling away from Fernando, AFTER his pitstop, on hard tires (same as Alonso)

actually.. i would be more worried about him being too aggressive.. he just would not know when to stop charging... i was so afraid he might kill off his engine again at the end of the race (Alonso must have been wishing for that to happen)... but luckily... Ferrari sort of built him a "Panzer Tank"... for the moment it seems...

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Too aggressive would describe the Iceman. His past is littered with broken McLarens.

But I appreciate his aggresion, his "On-The-Edge" style , very dramatic and a joy to watch. A driver that pushes is way more aapreciated than the "numbers player"

But admittedly he isn't the complete package that Schuey was (who is anyway).

But it doesn't make Kimi any less of a driver. To me at least

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Too aggressive would describe the Iceman. His past is littered with broken McLarens.

But I appreciate his aggresion, his "On-The-Edge" style , very dramatic and a joy to watch. A driver that pushes is way more aapreciated than the "numbers player"

But admittedly he isn't the complete package that Schuey was (who is anyway).

But it doesn't make Kimi any less of a driver. To me at least
this is what some will call the "All-Balls-No-Brain" drive...hahaha... jus jokin'... i believe he is more than that...

as for him not being Schumey enough.. i believe that is what Michael is there for at most races...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Balls out drivers ftw. They may not win the most championships but they make the fans happy. There's a reason why old man Enzo loved Gilles Villeneuve. He reminded him of Tazio Nuvolari. Both of whom were bat shit crazy as well as fantastic racing drivers.

Last edited:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Err weren't you watchin all the while... Not aggresive??
read properly....

Kimi maybe an aggresive driver but not as aggresive as Alonso. I watched him since his days with Sauber and he has changed little. he was damn fast though but when it comes to overtaking, Alonso is defenitely the more aggresive type.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
read properly....

Kimi maybe an aggresive driver but not as aggresive as Alonso. I watched him since his days with Sauber and he has changed little. he was damn fast though but when it comes to overtaking, Alonso is defenitely the more aggresive type.
ya ya, tis alonso very spanish bull aggressive.:_:

alonso isnt a driver some of us look up to. sure he's a fast driver or the perceived more "aggressive" driver of the 2 on track, while most of us feel kimi pushes flat out out of the car. maybe not as "safety first" to bring home the points, hell, at least 1 drivers championship was "lost" by kimi for not driving "safety first" 4 points to claim the title.

even shumi who was hated by many non-shumi fans surely saw more dignity & character that epitomes a true drivers champion.

alonso should whine less like a "softy", maybe he'll gain more fans followers.:_:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
yeah... Montoya very aggressive driver. :)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
I'd say Kimi has a more exciting looking driving style, very oversteery, tail hangin out (remember Hockenheim 05, oversteered BIG time on the way to pole). Typical of Finnish drivers .

Zan, Ok la we differ in perception about the term "aggressive" .

koolspyda agrees with me about Kimi's "flat out" attitude.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Kimi was fastest in qualifying to put him up in pole position in Nurburgring.

that shows he is a fast driver, and may just be the most aggresive of all.

so, he is not overrated.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
round 10. european gp, nurburgring.

at mid race, raikonen was approaching behind alonso and was lapping at a faster rate, but somehow kept a distance in order not to drive through the dirty air.

but in lap 55 alonso went aggresive and overtook massa, did not bother about dirty air or whatsoever.

thats what i meant by alonso more aggresive than kimi.

now ya'll can see whos not watching.

and whos the joker... coz i was right.

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
it was reliability issue again that haunts kimi..
his ferarri cripppled on the 35th lap..he also started somewhere at 7th place after the redflag when he skidded at pit lane entry back to the tracks n have to go for another lap before changing to wets..
that spaniard was definately aggressive but also with the help of felipe's badly vibrating set of grooved tyres which he complained earlier..mark had the same vibrating issue with his red bull which enabled alex to go for a late challenge towards him..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

damn fark up!

kena deep hole kau kau..
when drive 40km like that..on the puchong road..to kinrara there..
and my rims..was bangkok abit..
on the side ankle..

so guys..does it anyways..i can repair it?

how much?
wat does more i need to do??
balancing?alignment?

sure do?

plz help! :ph34r: :ph34r:

So Innocent noobs!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience