Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No comment/ Need further observation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
So who's writing his obituary? You know you folks are being British Media-esque right?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
hahaha. nice one , silverfish.

You can't keep a good driver down for long. It was a matter of time before Kimi (Top Gear Mag's CAMRAD) beat Massa when both finished a race. Signs were there in Indianapolis.

Sure the guy has a bit of an attitude/behavioural problem when away from the circuits. GREAT. Makes him human. Better than being Mr Ultra Clean.

what's important is behind the wheel his speed is never in doubt. In 05 how many times had he started way back (no thanks to mech failures in Qualifying) and blasted his way to the podiums? Plenty enough to impress.

Kimi did enough to beat DC & JPM when they were teammates. Massa's just another teammate to him.

Sure Kimi drives the cars hard till they break. But Team owners have made it clear it's their job to provide a car that's fast & lasts.

Give the guy a break. As it is all 4 top drivers have 2 wins apiece.Thank god it's not a 2 horse race.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
BTW If Kimi was overrated,
Peter Sauber wouldn't have placed him in a F1 car despite his inexperience,
Ron Dennis wouldn't have hired him after one years experience to replace Mika,
and Jean Todt wouldn't have sought him as Schuey's replacement.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
IMHO, kimi was not overrated. he is just as fast as michael schumacher, fernando alonso but he is as not as aggresive as either as them when it comes to chase-overtake-pull away. besides, who else Ferrari can get as replacement to schumi? DC? jacques villenueve? takuma sato?

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
hahahaha...what a coincidence!..

That Finnish lad must be reading this thread coz after it came out,Kimi somehow proved himself by winning back to back..As if he wants us to know that he can drive as hard as when he parties!..Oh yeah sure some of you might say bcoz of pit strategies,hamilton pit flops,less traffic,bla bla bla..But winning is winning..Period!
For six laps he was pushing at an average of 1 sec per lap faster than the Spaniard before pitting in to create enough gap before his 2nd stop..

Bravo Iceman..:congrats:

p/s:i'm not a Ferrari fan btw..

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
IMHO, kimi was not overrated. he is just as fast as michael schumacher, fernando alonso but he is as not as aggresive as either as them when it comes to chase-overtake-pull away. besides, who else Ferrari can get as replacement to schumi? DC? jacques villenueve? takuma sato?
replacement not necessary have to come fr the existing drive line ups.. looks at Hamilton, he'z just lacking experience and he'z doing freaking well for a rookie. :)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Err weren't you watchin all the while... Not aggresive?? Are you kidding?? In McLaren, Kimi has started mid pack several times, and caught up to finis on the podium.

In the British GP yesterday, KR caught up to both Lewis (before pitstops) and Alonso (before KR's 2nd stop), pushing them HARD. And WON!!!

And he even lapped up to a second faster, pulling away from Fernando, AFTER his pitstop, on hard tires (same as Alonso)

Kimi not aggresive?? wat a laugh!!

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i think he didn't mean that kimi lacking aggression... but rather, he's lacking the madness of Schumi.. lol. Well, he'z Iceman for a reason.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The 2 most aggressive guys on the grid are Alonso and Raikkonen. The both of them fling their cars around the track like a rag doll. Which sort of explains why Kimi tends to breaks his fragile McLaren so often last time :p

I think the main "weakness" that Raikkonen has that maybe the Schumachers and Alonsos of this world don't have, is sudden lack of motivation. Perhaps his private life has something to do with it. I don't know. But he does seem to sometimes lose concentration and don't seem duly bothered about giving a 100%.

I think recent criticism after lacklustre performances and getting outshined by Massa has given him the kick up the arse that he needs and he's back. I have no doubts that a fully motivated Raikkonen, in a competitive car, is about as fast as just about anybody.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BTW If Kimi was overrated,
Peter Sauber wouldn't have placed him in a F1 car despite his inexperience,
Ron Dennis wouldn't have hired him after one years experience to replace Mika,
and Jean Todt wouldn't have sought him as Schuey's replacement.
don't forget how hard they fought FIA for his super license... he was on the edge of being throw out of F1 just after 4 races for the reason of being too inexperienced...

Err weren't you watchin all the while... Not aggresive?? Are you kidding?? In McLaren, Kimi has started mid pack several times, and caught up to finis on the podium.

In the British GP yesterday, KR caught up to both Lewis (before pitstops) and Alonso (before KR's 2nd stop), pushing them HARD. And WON!!!

And he even lapped up to a second faster, pulling away from Fernando, AFTER his pitstop, on hard tires (same as Alonso)

Kimi not aggresive?? wat a laugh!!
actually.. i would be more worried about him being too aggressive.. he just would not know when to stop charging... i was so afraid he might kill off his engine again at the end of the race (Alonso must have been wishing for that to happen)... but luckily... Ferrari sort of built him a "Panzer Tank"... for the moment it seems...

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Too aggressive would describe the Iceman. His past is littered with broken McLarens.

But I appreciate his aggresion, his "On-The-Edge" style , very dramatic and a joy to watch. A driver that pushes is way more aapreciated than the "numbers player"

But admittedly he isn't the complete package that Schuey was (who is anyway).

But it doesn't make Kimi any less of a driver. To me at least

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Too aggressive would describe the Iceman. His past is littered with broken McLarens.

But I appreciate his aggresion, his "On-The-Edge" style , very dramatic and a joy to watch. A driver that pushes is way more aapreciated than the "numbers player"

But admittedly he isn't the complete package that Schuey was (who is anyway).

But it doesn't make Kimi any less of a driver. To me at least
this is what some will call the "All-Balls-No-Brain" drive...hahaha... jus jokin'... i believe he is more than that...

as for him not being Schumey enough.. i believe that is what Michael is there for at most races...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Balls out drivers ftw. They may not win the most championships but they make the fans happy. There's a reason why old man Enzo loved Gilles Villeneuve. He reminded him of Tazio Nuvolari. Both of whom were bat shit crazy as well as fantastic racing drivers.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hiii
Has anyone tried Eneos Semi Synthetic Molybdenum 10/40W??? I ain't sure if this brand (nippon oil) of product is actually good and lasting.
Many ppl say this is good oil so we can share the review here..... :angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience