• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

syamazam

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
USJ
Visit site
Guys,
i have some issues need to clarify with zth experts, i hope that comments given with a firm stand. no such thing as " i heard", "my friend's friend" or "maybe"...i really need precise information before i proceed with my project. Here's the story, i'm driving a 1.3 Satria converted to 1.8NA (not endorsed yet). I'm looking forward to convert again to GSR or Evo in near future. The questions are:

1) is it possible for JPJ to register 1.3 to 1.8?
2) 1.3 to 2.0?

I know that current regulation says max 30% increase in cc but is there any way i can exceed that? If i can't register for 1.8 or 2.0 (as i don't want 1.5 or 1.6) then most probably i have to sell off my car. No point driving the car if i'm not happy with it...

So guys, help me out...i really need to know, it's the life and death of my satria!!

regards
Syam

ACM

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Selangor
Standard = 1.3 - 1.6
Underwater money = 1.3 - 1.8/2.0
sendiri mau pikir lah...

syamazam

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
USJ
Visit site
Thanks fai, appreciate that. correct me if i'm wrong, for a satria 1.3 convert to mitsu 2.0 (for example), it fall under "JENIS-JENIS PERMOHONAN - no(5): Penukaran enjin dari model yang berlainan dari enjin asal"...it did not state on th 25% increase unless its from model yang sama no(2 and 3) right? does this mean i actually can upgrade to 2.0? and why is everybody saying it can't be done? or..JPJ guideline just bull***t?

syamazam

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
USJ
Visit site
Thanks ACM. i'm just confused why need underwater money if we follow the JPJ guideline it shouldn't be any problem...unless there's some issues on the mounting? is there?

syamazam

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
USJ
Visit site
c'mon guys, let us share more infos. make things clear once and for all, i've seen some thread people selling their VR4s, Evos engine because not able to register..that's scary..i really don't want to be one of them

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
I know for a fact that if the upsizing is no more than 25% and the workmanship is good, you won't get any hassle. good workmanship means proper welding on the mounts and stuffs, and also proper braking and compatible chassis. all those stuffs. they don't really care about the power jump, if you can prove that you can stop it.

if you follow the rules, 1.3 max increase of 30% only gives you 1690cc. that's a lot less than the 1.8 you're using now.

I only know about Volvo 850s, because a lot of them change their N/A engine to the turbo T5. the N/A is actually 2.5, while the T5 is 2.3. but the power jump from the N/A after the transplant is easily more than 120hp.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I never understood why engine manufacturers routed blow-by gases back into the intake manifold. All the oil vapour (read : Oil) gets trapped there and completely clogs the throttle body and intake manifold causing sluggish performance, inaccurate idling and in some cases engine dying off due to overly low idling.

In order to counter this problem, some budding aftermarket enthusiast created the Oil Catch Tank (OCT) and connected it to the PCV valve catching all the oil vapour therefore...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience