JPJ is confusing me and is confused themselves

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I recently tried registering my Auto --> Manual swap on my car registration card.

- I called in to Traxx FM Friday drivetime with JPJ director and asked what the process was.
"No need puspakom. Just bring in letter of intent, receipt for gearbox and settle"

- I called JPJ's hotline and asked what the process was. Same as the radio DJ JPJ director regular guest.

- The JPJ website said no need inspection.

- I went to Permaisuri's JPJ outlet and the officer there said I need to go inspection and to go to Wangsa Maju's outlet to register this since they can't do it there.

What the hell.

Which one is it la?

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
........you sounded surprised. Maybe a letter from the director and also the screenshot of their site may help educate that 'officer' about his/her work.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I recently tried registering my Auto --> Manual swap on my car registration card.

- I called in to Traxx FM Friday drivetime with JPJ director and asked what the process was.
"No need puspakom. Just bring in letter of intent, receipt for gearbox and settle"

- I called JPJ's hotline and asked what the process was. Same as the radio DJ JPJ director regular guest.

- I went to Permaisuri's JPJ outlet and the officer there said I need to go inspection and to go to Wangsa Maju's outlet to register this since they can't do it there.

What the hell.

Which one is it la?
I always love to say this..."Welcome to Malaysia" :rofl:
That's why have to like find out the procedure ourselves instead of asking them.
Calling them through phone like trying to make a phone call to god...no answer at all...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

What the hell.

Which one is it la?

the JPJ permaisuri person not update himself la...

already got pekeliling which listing most common mods/swap of a car part that previously need inspection now no more inspection....

reference: SURAT PEKELILING BAHAGIAN KEJURUTERAAN AUTOMOTIF

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
the JPJ permaisuri person not update himself la...

already got pekeliling which listing most common mods/swap of a car part that previously need inspection now no more inspection....

reference: SURAT PEKELILING BAHAGIAN KEJURUTERAAN AUTOMOTIF
Ya if you show this to the officer in charge he'll say "You believe me or this website?"

I kena that when I said website said no need.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Ya if you show this to the officer in charge he'll say "You believe me or this website?"

that website sure no credibility....

but i remember saw the picture of real surat pekeliling....if got the real picture, then only can argue with them :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I feel for you. I kena with Customs too last time, when Airport customs give me different detail from Port Kelang side....:banghead::banghead:
Like bro. SF mentioned "Welcome to Malaysia"

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You want to waste your time arguing THEIR PROCEDURES. Or you want to get the thing done?

You want to get the thing done just go Puspakom and get the document. Then go JPJ. Viola, done.

It is not worth wasting YOUR TIME. You won't change anything. That same sohai sitting at the counter will tell the next guy the same thing - you need Puspakom inspection.

WHY?

Because if you are not in my queue, you are not my fucking problem. Go be someone else's problem. Welcome to Malaysia.

EDIT: And you go see the cars parked in JPJ lot, belonging to their staff. A lot have tinting so dark its VLT 0%. According to JPJ law you must have doctor's letter for that. Don't tell JPJ staff suffer from skin cancer and need dark tint. JPJ rules are only there to achieve one thing, fuck the rakyat's backside.

Everyday bus drivers and lorry drivers are high on drugs and shit what the hell JPJ doing about it. Those trucks and bus shouldn't even be on the road.

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
if you can't reg it in one particular center, do try others... sometimes it works

for example, when i swap my engine the first time, i notice that the transmission still mentioned auto (as original) but my hafkat is manual...

I bring my geran to JPJ kajang to ask them, they simply stroke it off and initial on it as a manual

now my geran is missing, dunno what will be printed out in the geran if i have the time to go there again to print a new one

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
if you can't reg it in one particular center, do try others... sometimes it works

for example, when i swap my engine the first time, i notice that the transmission still mentioned auto (as original) but my hafkat is manual...

I bring my geran to JPJ kajang to ask them, they simply stroke it off and initial on it as a manual

now my geran is missing, dunno what will be printed out in the geran if i have the time to go there again to print a new one
Wait.. you just bring the grant to the officer and he just struck it off??? Seriously??? If that's the case I'mma gonna go Kajang JPJ

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Wait.. you just bring the grant to the officer and he just struck it off??? Seriously??? If that's the case I'mma gonna go Kajang JPJ
that time was 2 years back... not sure even that the right procedure.. i still think in jpj's database, my car still an automatic

but AFAIK, changing transmission do not need to inspection in its own rights..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last week my gf's car got break in and lost a Kenwood CD player..

her car is a 100% stock..i donno whats wrong with ppl now dayz,and the player that got stolen is a normal kenwood player...

she is driving a satria,that damn thief broke the galss behind the driver door..that &%&* thief damn smart,i wonder y dont he break the glass on the driver door instead the wan behind,THAT IS FREAKIN MORE EXPENSIVE COMPARE TO THE FRONT ONES!!!

now she in complaining y the &^$*$& am i not staying at...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience