Increasing displacement of 4G63T

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Can any one tell me what the disadvantage of stroked engine? How come many fellow ZTHians seem to discourage...

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Is it not true that a larger cc engine will have more potiential & not have so much lag?

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
turbo lag is depend on turbo used, intercooler size, piping distance and the most important is fuel and ignition setting.
example : stock ECU of 4G63 with TDo6 and skyline intercooler and 1997cc, of course turbo lag is cant avoid. the lad will be improve if the fuel&ignition map re-write only.

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Certainly the more CC u have the better, the problem with stroking up the engine is that the engine might not be so happy high and reving if not properly done..

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
agree lah.. more cc more power more torque, actually the fuel consumption will be the same as stock 2.0 or some even few % safe with 2.2 control by stand alone ECU.
of course with good tuning lah...

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
so it all comes down to the tuner who rebuilts the engine, how good he is la?

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Aiya! Mix n match one la, thoes stroker kits from the famous tuners sure good la but costs a bomb. Someone has suggested to me a 2.2 kit which includes Supra pistons, conrods & re profile crank. Anyone has used this combination before please share a bit on it :) Also, I wonder what re-profile crank shaft means... Anyone can advise? Also, Selamat Raya to all!!!!!!

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
hi E3
we sent this crankshaft to local CnC machine from japan. they change the size of the crank bigger, so that the stroke will be longer. after that send to heat treatment for hardening. wakarimasta....?

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Hi Georgett,
seems like you've done this a couple of times ya? A friend of mine told me that an engine done this way not very durable cannot take high Hp cos he did his like that and the engine go kaput. I really don't know about this cos i've not tried it. Can you tell me more? Durable, tourque & hp what type of figures are we looking at with a stock TD05? I will change the turbo later cos i like to do it in stages, feel the diff with stroking up first.

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
the only 1 in malaysia can do such thing is located in nilai, they came from japan and mainly business is heat treatment for air craft engine parts. check it out by ur self. i dont know where ur friend did it, how they did it, what facilities they got, CnC? or normal latch m/c? Cnc from china , taiwan, japan or usa or EC? lots of diff.
2nd , assume with TD05H from Evo + LT10s + X4 + 2.2L, boost 1 bar, u may got 330hp on engine.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hehehe if it was my car
this is the way i gonna think

if u change to a 2.4
wht mods r u going to do to support it
is ur car ready for 2.4 and did u think of all the hidden charges

1. fuel pump ?
2. injectors 510cc still ?
3. ecu standard ?
4. clutch ?

the 2.4 engine is a n/a and flywheel is same size , a stock clutch is not gonna hold once u force induct , injectors gonna be too small if u gonna boost more than 1bar
ecu mapping is going to be wrong , compression rate diffrent also , fuel pump enuff to pump up fuel ?

wht i will do la for my engine if i had the cash
1. T04e or T04s turbo around 2k
if got more cash straight GT3071 3k+ only call uncle SDF
2. ecu rechip or go standalone
3. if want to touch the engine, vr4 block + higher compression piston
4. exedy race clutch
5. boost 1.5above and if u dint feel heaven, kill urself

hehehhe remember :P use semi slicks or atleast advan neova to hold ur car to the floor lol

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Well, the main reason that i want to stroke up is because my enginegoing kaput liao. Makan a lot of engine oil. So since i'm going to overhaul, might as well do a little more. I have stand by a manifold banana bolt on for E3 block/ Bolt on for TO4 series turbo which i intend to change turbo later. Also, i like to have more tourque cos this is my daily ride so don't want to be laggy... Any suggestions?

aarion

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL
i don't know much about turbo. But my mech's place has a VR4 stroke to 2.2L. It is damn powerful. It can rev till 9k rpm. No problem. Boosting around 1.5 - 2 bar.

If i remember correctly, 1.5 bar is 400+hp, 2.0 bar is 500+. Sat in once damn scary. The car jumps at 7k. They have to use semi slick for the front and advan neova for the back for the car to stay on the road. I think it is too much power for FF.

When i say jump on 7k, it is on third gear. That's all i can share. thank you.

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Rev till 9K? Boost to 2 Bar! I think he use after market cams & stroker kit already... Don't think mix n match stroked engine can boost so high.

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
hi jinkl
low compression piston (turbo) instead of high com piston (NA) .. remember.
It must be stand alone ECU microtech, haltech..... etc..
metal gasket 1mm above. atleast 255L fuel pump + sard regulator.
injector, yes.. to 500cc above, the best is 750 or 1000cc.
mix n match could go to 1.5 bar, no problem with above spec.

aarion

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL
cams maybe. not sure about stroker kit. But normal driving will boost 1.5 bar only, for realiability. at 1.5 bar also hard to handle the car. we call the car monster. I think it is runnning microtech also.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
E3Newbie : 2bar actually alot of them runnin in klang valley and i personally know them , not 2bar, 1.8bar~1.9bar

dont be afraid of the lag, make sure u got a nice STANDALONE to play with tuning
my car runs on a t04 , fullbost 1.5bar less than 4.5krpm , car hops at 4th gear ,
i run on 560cc injectors. no high cams , no stroker , i have to use slick tyres for daily drive becos the car cant hold the ground. u sure u need stroker ? or wht i tink is that u havent really seen the potential of a stock engine, go grab a vr4 block , vr4 conrod the real deal , piston is low compression 7.8:1 but u can just change it to evo pistons for 100-200 bucks and u r good to go .

hehe u can try look for guru speedz , he used to run on 2.4l diesel block , 2jz pistons , t04s , stock cams , sard fuel pump , lt10s microtech, gsr gearbox.
he had 480hp huhuhu and he finally sold it off , Klang -> Pj , 2 trips and empty petrol RM80 , lolx.

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Because my chasis perdana so normal driving conditions a bit heavy b4 turbo kicks in la..:( Anyway, if i overhaul and don't stroke up the cost with normal over haul diff about 1K so i tot why not stroke up?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey Guys, Just wanna find out, which engine would be more reliable, the 6A10 or the 4G93 na??

Im trying to figure out about the spare parts, performance, responce on both the engines.

for the 6A10 engine, are the spare parts easy to get?? and what about the maintainance & performance??

and for the 4G93 engine, would the 4G93P be better or the mitsubishi 4G93 na??

anyone care to share their experience??

:D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience