Increasing displacement of 4G63T

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Hi guys,
my engine needs to be over hauled and since i'm going to, I was thinking of increasing the c.c to 2.4. The usual way is to stroke up. Buy a 4G64, use the block and crank, change the pistons. However, to use a 4G64 block, I'll have to send for JPJ approval right? Any problems there? A friend of mine who drives an E3 says that it's not nessesary to change block, in fact it's better to just use the crank and get custom forged pistons that are shorter. Is it really possible to do that & get 2.4?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
when ur using 2.4, make sure u have a big ass turbo. if u still use TD05, then i would say 4g64 is a waste of money...

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Hee Hee... I also want to upgrade the snail but that'll mean having to change the clutch to twin clutch which costs a bomb. Just changing the disk won't be enough... Actually if don't change the T also will increase lot of torque & drivability cos it'll spool up early right? Anyway, so it's really possible to use shorter pistons to get 2.4? No need change block?

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Maybe will spin a lot if at traffic light standing start but rolling start maybe can lawan with the 4WDs?? Anyway, my friend's 1989 Toyota starlet is dynoed at 360HPs! The car is so light it can fly, he took care of the 2wd problem with Launch control :)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
WOw!! with petrol prices going up like my colesterol level, you guys still going for 2.4litre turbos?

RESPECT!! RESPECT!!!

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
2.4 with td05, super quick spool (remember even on a 2.0, 3000rpm full boost), and super quick turbo will go out of breath, and u will feel lack of gforce... can easily get beaten by 2liters with big turbo... as many people said, yes there is no replacement for displacement, but remember, the true power of turbo engines lie in the turbocharger itself. u want power, upgrade the turbo. u want to beat those singaporean 4wd turbos, upgrade ur turbocharger... let the displacement be stock. easier to maintain...

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
it is true... if pocket got little more budget... try the microtech or haltech with std. stock. unleashed the beast of 4G63T 1st.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
george!!! ur project 4G63 has same rocker cover design as mine!!! damn!!! haha i thought i was the only one! here's my engine bay pic

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Wah 2.4 really respect, hahaha goin to the limits, u must upgrade your turbo seriously.. if not u'll definetely run out of breath at high rev... can't get the boost u want

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
good the neh... the jap did the cover while in nippon, the halfcut came with lot of goog stuff.. twin plate, tien absor.. Ho kam sui 262in/272exh, titanium exhaust...and much more... we did try the evo7 cam at this evo3. itworks similar to HKS cam. the sound solid and idling stable.

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Hi guys,
It seems that everyone i spoke to don't really encourage me to stroke up.... unless i'm really prepared to go deep into my pocket for the right parts so before i enbark on a project i cannot afford, maybe you guys can help me estimate a bit by giving a bit of feedback on the amount needed to do it in your area/workshop for cross reference ya? I've been quoted normal overhaul with supra pistons, metal gasket and labour is RM 3K. To do up 2.4 with 4G64 block, crank is quoted at 7K. To do 2.4 without changing block, still yet to finalise. Any one got any idea?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
hmm rm7k budget, enough for your rm3k engine overhaul. balance can do up stainless steel intercooler piping, tial wastegate, walbro 255+sard regulator, and greddy emanage. should get u around 270hp on wheel already bro after increasing boost... plus a handsome looking engine bay...

definitely better than just plonking in 4g64 without other supporting mods...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

whats up bro.. all senior k-kar kaki.. i need ur help.. i wan oversize my pistons.. what pistons i would to use?!what name?! how many mm?! how the price inc. pistons rings?! or how much the istallation?! where workshop will be suggest?! not heavy modi, coz that car daily use.. im still using 660 block.. is it i need to change the turbine.. :confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience