How to route wire into the car from car exterior

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hello Friends,

I want to install decor lamps below the car and need to route the wire into the car's cigarette lighter socket. Is there a non-drilling method I can use to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

regards
Richard

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Depending on what car u drive, there are 'holes' on the firewall. Its usually used for the aircon, main wires, etc... It may be hard to see w/o removing the dashboard.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
u dun need to drill holes or else, just simply find out the ciggy socket under the dashboard, then just follow the route till the ECU harness that from the Relay/Fuse box in ur engine bay, use back the route... thats all...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
actually if u drive local cars sure got few round black rubber which u can remove to pass through the firewall
easier to locate is one the passenger side

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
This site is a great help. Thanks everyone!
I am now going to try wiring my lights.
Wish me luck.

:)

Have a nice weekend.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Under the car also got hole one... Covered with rubber. The holes is for the air to depressurized when closing the door. and also for water drainage...

Look around.... look around../

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
bro, wat car are u using, so far i've tried on wira, iswara, kenari, kelisa n gen-2 by using the wire inlet from your engine bay into your internal dashboard area. Or else u can search for the black rubber which cover the ready-make opening. but remeber to place back the rubber or else u will suffer when u thril the big lorry with dark black smoke. u can try poke in a tiny wire(steel) den tie the wire onto the steel wire into the inlet or opening n pull it from inside of the dashboard area..

wish u gudluck..

...dieheartsue...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i have a problem with my kenari zmax lowered performance coil spring, it is too lowered (in front, rear is okay around 3 fingers) until my few days old front rubber bumpstop(the one that is placed at the front absorber shaft) squashed to bits, forced me to temporary cut of the squashed bumpstop and leave the boot intact. previously i have tried apm performax sport spring for around 1 year, also with the same outcome, squashed rubber bump stops. cost me a race as the front would sink...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience