2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
nice work...good result...

saw the ori HKS Grounding cable selling rm600 plus @ some shops.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Try VS, I got better sound quality from my ICE. Of course VS for sound also have, but the one I fitted is for the battery one....
will do..

thanx :wink:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the HKS grounding at rm138 seems very expensive bro.....
at 1st i was thinking the same thing..

then, i search for a cheaper ones.. it look like a simple cable.. not very nice.. can be DIY by any1.. :biggrin:

the HKS kit have 6 wires..

1 long, 2 medium & 3 short wires.. they should have made it 2 long, right?

and the bling bling.. i like :biggrin:

if u can get the same kit for a lot less, just inform me.. mayb i'll buy another set for my other car :wink:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even cheaper if you buy the cables from pasar road and crimped them yourself, but more work and not so nice but very much cheaper. Even my factory technical guy made his own VS for around RM30 to 50, but as mentioned not nice. No nice cover, he put it in container and tape up only.....ha! ha! What he wants is the VS and it will be hidden in the engine anyway.....

mouse8899

Known Member
Oct 28, 2012
petaling jaya
function over fashion hahaha!!! tried a VS in my old kenari (4-eyes) not sure which VS.. it was the red one
noticed that throttle response was better

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
inside the VS is just caps to retain/store power, order high quality caps and double the number of Pivot ones so much more beneficial.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
VR2Turbo taiko : The purpose of the VS is to tap into the frequency of the current, not become a power bank. They say if they can smoothen out the frequencies it'll result in your electronics working better therefore better car performance. Those power banks do nothing but draw power.

I have a DIY VS that seems to change the characteristics of my Myvi and even my Wira. Took it out to compare and true enough there were obvious differences. However the VS made the car quite rough.

Anyone care to try? The only thing I haven't done is dyno it. Couldn't be bothered to spend RM100 on a humble DIY attempt anyway

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
VR2Turbo taiko : The purpose of the VS is to tap into the frequency of the current, not become a power bank. They say if they can smoothen out the frequencies it'll result in your electronics working better therefore better car performance. Those power banks do nothing but draw power.

I have a DIY VS that seems to change the characteristics of my Myvi and even my Wira. Took it out to compare and true enough there were obvious differences. However the VS made the car quite rough.

Anyone care to try? The only thing I haven't done is dyno it. Couldn't be bothered to spend RM100 on a humble DIY attempt anyway
You mentioned you took the DIY VS compare. May I know what comparison you made?

Correct me if I were wrong, coz I cant remember much of it already. :banghead: A VS is just the same as a Voltage Regulator. The capacitor is to regulate the voltage drop or voltage rise from the battery, thus providing a stable voltage to the electronics. It charges and discharges when there's a voltage rise or drop respectively, resulting in electronics running more efficiently. That's it.

IMHO, VS doesnt give any significant increases in horsepower or torque. Unless your car battery or electronics are really messed up, a VS only let the electronics run smoothly, thus sometimes we feel a smoother ride (cars nowadays are controlled electronically, no?).

One simple measurement to know whether a VS works or not is measure its output voltage and ampere, before engine start, running engine w/o AC,lightings,ICE, etc. And the engine running with AC lights ICE etc. I think the pattern would be with VS, the voltage is more stable and the voltage recovers faster than without VS when a device is switched on. :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You mentioned you took the DIY VS compare. May I know what comparison you made?

Correct me if I were wrong, coz I cant remember much of it already. :banghead: A VS is just the same as a Voltage Regulator. The capacitor is to regulate the voltage drop or voltage rise from the battery, thus providing a stable voltage to the electronics. It charges and discharges when there's a voltage rise or drop respectively, resulting in electronics running more efficiently. That's it.

IMHO, VS doesnt give any significant increases in horsepower or torque. Unless your car battery or electronics are really messed up, a VS only let the electronics run smoothly, thus sometimes we feel a smoother ride (cars nowadays are controlled electronically, no?).

One simple measurement to know whether a VS works or not is measure its output voltage and ampere, before engine start, running engine w/o AC,lightings,ICE, etc. And the engine running with AC lights ICE etc. I think the pattern would be with VS, the voltage is more stable and the voltage recovers faster than without VS when a device is switched on. :driver:
The comparison I did was with and without VS.

VS is voodoo technology. No one can explain it properly at the same time sometimes it works.

The logic behind the VS that was DIYed (mine) was that the cap targeted certain frequencies. Currents run at certain frequencies and fluctuations cause the electronics to flutter, a combination of a few different caps to hit these frequencies levels out the fluctuations therefore allowing the electronics to run at optimum capacity.

Or so the theory goes.

I dunno how to explain my DIY VS.. if someone wants to try I'm more than willing to loan it to you for experimenting.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The comparison I did was with and without VS.

VS is voodoo technology. No one can explain it properly at the same time sometimes it works.

The logic behind the VS that was DIYed (mine) was that the cap targeted certain frequencies. Currents run at certain frequencies and fluctuations cause the electronics to flutter, a combination of a few different caps to hit these frequencies levels out the fluctuations therefore allowing the electronics to run at optimum capacity.

Or so the theory goes.

I dunno how to explain my DIY VS.. if someone wants to try I'm more than willing to loan it to you for experimenting.
Maybe you should give it to your any friend/family/cousins/engineering geek for them to study for their college or uni assignments :biggrin: that would really be great. I regretted why I dint study well in electronics and power circuits last time.

I personally do not think that it is the frequency that is affecting the devices. Unless you are talking about AC, then we'll have frequencies, not to mention single phase or 3 phase voltage. Well, I would say it is the current that your DIY vs plays with. V=IR and the resistance is fixed in this case. If we can regulate the Ampere, I, then we can have a regulated voltage from the batt to the devices. The amp releases coulombs per sec (electric charge) which is also the "energy" (volt is joule per coulomb) to the devices. When the devices get constant energy, it runs better. If it receive more than it can sustain, it will blow. Thus increasing the voltage or amp to a devices does not work. It will only destroy it. Unless we can be precise enough to give it just the max amount.

I'm really interested in knowing the working principle behind your DIY VS. if you have the diagram and hand it over to an electronic engineer, I bet we would know the answer pretty well. Then you can become a professor :biggrin: giving assignments to students haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Maybe you should give it to your any friend/family/cousins/engineering geek for them to study for their college or uni assignments :biggrin: that would really be great. I regretted why I dint study well in electronics and power circuits last time.

I personally do not think that it is the frequency that is affecting the devices. Unless you are talking about AC, then we'll have frequencies, not to mention single phase or 3 phase voltage. Well, I would say it is the current that your DIY vs plays with. V=IR and the resistance is fixed in this case. If we can regulate the Ampere, I, then we can have a regulated voltage from the batt to the devices. The amp releases coulombs per sec (electric charge) which is also the "energy" (volt is joule per coulomb) to the devices. When the devices get constant energy, it runs better. If it receive more than it can sustain, it will blow. Thus increasing the voltage or amp to a devices does not work. It will only destroy it. Unless we can be precise enough to give it just the max amount.

I'm really interested in knowing the working principle behind your DIY VS. if you have the diagram and hand it over to an electronic engineer, I bet we would know the answer pretty well. Then you can become a professor :biggrin: giving assignments to students haha
:dontknow:

I'm not a electrical engineer either. This DIY VS was done by a fella who is one. If I can get a diagram from him I'll post it up here. He's the same dude who frankensteined old spoilt Defi meters to his Myvi meter panel, so now his EL Meter Panel has a startup sequence and changes colour when it hits the rev limiter set by an external knob which he controls. It's pretty awesome!

My old friend used to make his own brand VS back in the day and sell it here in ZTH. I forgot what that brand was called but he's pretty knowledgable on all things electronics. Let me see if I can drag him into this conversation

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

ha! ha! I ask because I neither into electronic....:biggrin:
Layman terms, what I got was a more stable light, like when switch on headlight the meters and other lights does not dim that much, and I had better bass from my ICE, even though the one I fitted was to the battery. I heard there is another that can be connected to the ICE supply that is better for audio....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
:dontknow:

I'm not a electrical engineer either. This DIY VS was done by a fella who is one. If I can get a diagram from him I'll post it up here. He's the same dude who frankensteined old spoilt Defi meters to his Myvi meter panel, so now his EL Meter Panel has a startup sequence and changes colour when it hits the rev limiter set by an external knob which he controls. It's pretty awesome!

My old friend used to make his own brand VS back in the day and sell it here in ZTH. I forgot what that brand was called but he's pretty knowledgable on all things electronics. Let me see if I can drag him into this conversation
Good good haha...drag him into this discussion, then we'll find answers lurking behind him. Since he's selling his idea, I dont think that he's willing to disclose the diagram. It is best to keep it, for him :biggrin: bad for us. :rolleyes:

I'd seen some dude selling DIY VS in LYN. Some even show the inside of it...my reaction upon seeing that: lol...inside full of jalan pasar capacitor :banghead: not like those we see inside a Raizin. Not cheap summore leh

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good good haha...drag him into this discussion, then we'll find answers lurking behind him. Since he's selling his idea, I dont think that he's willing to disclose the diagram. It is best to keep it, for him :biggrin: bad for us. :rolleyes:

I'd seen some dude selling DIY VS in LYN. Some even show the inside of it...my reaction upon seeing that: lol...inside full of jalan pasar capacitor :banghead: not like those we see inside a Raizin. Not cheap summore leh
I say, many just out to make a fast buck.......:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I actually questioned that guy in his thread and he got really hostile with me. LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi. Would the ZTH members share their pricing regarding this services below. I don't wanna get cheated so i would appreciate your help. My car is perdana sei.

How much is it for :

Pumping Front Cambers
Pumping Rear Cambers
Alignment
Balancing
Nitrogen

I would really appreciate your help for these info and let it be shared so that people out there won't get cheated.

Do quote me the price for pumping of front and rear cambers for perdana. Thx. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience