How to improve low end performance?

hahahah, finally someone said the thing I wanted to describe a Campro.
But scared people laugh at me.
It is very syiok to drive a campro maintaining 4k rpm and above.
Then when 1-3k rpm, like ntg.
Suddenly after 4k rpm, damn, got pull sial.

You should drive my turbo at that range.......hahahahahahaa:driver:

at one point i even have to use L gear (1st gear to move and keep the rev midrange) before shift into 2 and later D :slug:

:rofl: I feel you man, I feel you. :rofl: I hate it as much as you do.

Slow, you haven't tried my 1.8 Sonata.....

Kelisa why need more torque, pretty fast car already....

Not enough, still lose to lots of cars in terms of torque. Especially Myvis LOL!
Yet Fish gets lots of bullies from bigger cars coming to tail you thinking a small shit slow car blocking my way. :banghead: :mad:

Kancil, Kelisa and Viva can all be traced back to Daihatsu Mira. All same family but different generations. :biggrin:

Improve torque? Just too bad that Perodua never bothered to get any turbocharged engines from Daihatsu. Daihatsu often had turbocharged variants of their cars but Perodua only bothered to rebadge NA versions. Probably to avoid people from using the car to race on the roads. :rofl:

Transplant later JPJ sure kacau. So far, I haven't heard of much people transplanting turbocharged engines into Viva yet unlike Kancil. Halfcut for Mira Avy (the one that Viva is based on) too expensive?

Like Vr2turbo said, transplant engine :biggrin: YRV turbo in a kelisa should be able to approve. Many have done it. Even if not YRV turbo, if can transplant K3VE or K3VE2, would be good enough for a car like kelisa. Remain as NA but pick up sure damn good.

Viva not sure, but most common should be the YRV turbo. But that car, seriously, with that body shape and stance of that car, you think would be stable with such great powers? Even a kancil can turtle and yet Viva is taller and doesnt sit as low as a kancil. So, I won't feel secure in a Viva.

yes...because after sluggish from standstill then the stupid autobox shift up into 2nd and 3rd right below the powerband...and drops me into frustation to keep up with road traffic

with manual shifting the autobox i can keep the rev up into powerband reduce the sluggish-ness :slug: especially in stop-n-go situation

Ya ya, that's how we burn our wallet with so much money spend on petrol :rofl:

Half cut when older only cheaper.....:biggrin:
But 2JZ-GTE and 2ZZ-GE still so expensive :bawling:

yeah lovin my DOHC kelisa every moment in it even it's AT (the only downside of it is the 1st gear rev cut @ 4k rpm of 5.5k redline). last week on way back from PD got 140km/h @ 4.2k rpm. bro SF is u'r kelisa runnin iridium plugs??

plus we can redline them gears except for the 1st will still have rev cut usually & still can feel the G force when exiting corners if u use engine breaking (need to know the limits first, usually have in car manual):slug:

Nope, just normal spark plugs. Never really did any major mods on kelisa except stiff rings. :biggrin:

IF your kelisa rattles like mad especially going through speedbreakers, you will like the improvement after installing stiff rings. Handling improved as well. Not as good as Adjustables but then you can feel the improvement.

My Kelisa is AT, but after did some carbon cleaning, my kelisa pick up is better than before.
More responsive. Ada G-Force kick in feel :rofl:

hahahah, finally someone said the thing I wanted to describe a Campro.
But scared people laugh at me.
It is very syiok to drive a campro maintaining 4k rpm and above.
Then when 1-3k rpm, like ntg.
Suddenly after 4k rpm, damn, got pull sial.

Campro Kicked in Yo!

When new expensive, then when too old and not many around also expensive......hahahhahaha

:rofl: Yes, 2ZZ-ge if order from Japan faster, if wanna wait and go to half cut and ask 1 by 1 dunno ask till when. Even available, if 6 spd Manual very fast got people sapu even though price is at RM8K+

Depending on which part of Japan that engine came from.

:rofl: Yes, 2ZZ-ge if order from Japan faster, if wanna wait and go to half cut and ask 1 by 1 dunno ask till when. Even available, if 6 spd Manual very fast got people sapu even though price is at RM8K+

Depending on which part of Japan that engine came from.

More sapu, even more expensive......:banghead::banghead:

But YRV still consider cheap even with high demand in the market. K3VE should be cheaper

yup, would like K3VE in my kelisa than EJ-DE into kancil (& definitely sleeper car coz don't want to endorse:driver:)

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

My Kelisa is AT, but after did some carbon cleaning, my kelisa pick up is better than before.
More responsive. Ada G-Force kick in feel :rofl:

How much did u spend @ is it d.i.y?? if d.i.y I would rather u do it for me wit charges than can add up the money 2 u'r wedding table savings:idea:

Last edited:
yup, would like K3VE in my kelisa than EJ-DE into kancil (& definitely sleeper car coz don't want to endorse:driver:)

How much did u spend @ is it d.i.y?? if d.i.y I would rather u do it for me wit charges than can add up the money 2 u'r wedding table savings:idea:

I was the 1st to try the thing call RESTORER, so I got RM10 discount. RM170 instead of RM180.
Seriously car pick up and engine responds was smoother than before. Worth the money for me.

Since I bought it 2nd hand, I thought cleaning it would be a good idea.

DIY? a friend told me, just rev the car kaw kaw can clear the carbon already :biggrin:
But up to you whether you wanna do the revving one or the carbon cleaning type.

I was the 1st to try the thing call RESTORER, so I got RM10 discount. RM170 instead of RM180.
Seriously car pick up and engine responds was smoother than before. Worth the money for me.

DIY? a friend told me, just rev the car kaw kaw can clear the carbon already :biggrin:

Carbon cleaning, mechanic will open up and scrap, and that is the cleanest....:biggrin:

Like Vr2turbo said, transplant engine :biggrin: YRV turbo in a kelisa should be able to approve. Many have done it. Even if not YRV turbo, if can transplant K3VE or K3VE2, would be good enough for a car like kelisa. Remain as NA but pick up sure damn good.

Viva not sure, but most common should be the YRV turbo. But that car, seriously, with that body shape and stance of that car, you think would be stable with such great powers? Even a kancil can turtle and yet Viva is taller and doesnt sit as low as a kancil. So, I won't feel secure in a Viva.

YRV's K3-VET in Viva? Abit over power already for such a small car. I thought maybe transplanting something like this is more suitable.
attachment.php

I think this is EF-DET engine from Mira Avy. 12 Valve DOHC Turbo. Not sure whether got manual version or not.

Rev the car is really effective in clearing carbon? Lol, then I guess I already done that because I often rev my car to 5000rpm when road is empty. But in 2nd gear only, haha. :biggrin:

YRV's K3-VET in Viva? Abit over power already for such a small car. I thought maybe transplanting something like this is more suitable.
attachment.php

I think this is EF-DET engine from Mira Avy. 12 Valve DOHC Turbo. Not sure whether got manual version or not.

Rev the car is really effective in clearing carbon? Lol, then I guess I already done that because I often rev my car to 5000rpm when road is empty. But in 2nd gear only, haha. :biggrin:

5000rpm considered not high lor bro.
Turbo car maybe lah. We NA 6000 or more high lor.
Coz when u rev, the internal moves fast and hard so can scrap by themselves in the engine oil.
I think thats the logic lah.

5000rpm considered not high lor bro.
Turbo car maybe lah. We NA 6000 or more high lor.
Coz when u rev, the internal moves fast and hard so can scrap by themselves in the engine oil.
I think thats the logic lah.

4G15 only la. Want me rev till 6000 meh. 6500 red line already. :banghead:

Wrong way, brother. You rev high, actually higher fuel to air ratio, and if if does not burn complete, more carbon is deposited. Most of our car carbon is due to start and go traffic in town. Fuel too rich.
Take your ride to the highway, travel at 110kph constant and this will burn/blow your carbon away. You can ask those who have traveled outstation, after that the next few days the car is smoother to drive....:biggrin:

Wrong way, brother. You rev high, actually higher fuel to air ratio, and if if does not burn complete, more carbon is deposited. Most of our car carbon is due to start and go traffic in town. Fuel too rich.
Take your ride to the highway, travel at 110kph constant and this will burn/blow your carbon away. You can ask those who have traveled outstation, after that the next few days the car is smoother to drive....:biggrin:

I see. I've also heard from my family that for some cars that have never revved before and only used for slow city driving, it is not suitable for long drives on highways. Is it true?

attachment.php

how bout JB-DET engine, anyone familiar wit it??

attachment.php

Rev till redline is the way to go....:rofl:
(Yet someone said he drives slow haha)

That's why a lot people said cars that travel outstation more often is better than cars that only travel within the city.

hmmmm, haven't drive my kelisa for more than a week now, don't know wether can feel the difference after got back from PD coz after several toll i've redline my engine for the 2nd & 3rd gear even got my speed up to 140km/h for some distance & add up some Jaso FD 2T oso.

I see. I've also heard from my family that for some cars that have never revved before and only used for slow city driving, it is not suitable for long drives on highways. Is it true?

Usually after revving kaw kaw for awhile, you will feel the car driving smoother and better responds.
That's what I felt after tekan kaw kaw, then car seems to respond better throughout the rest of my journey.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom