How to DIY tuned for rpm...??

eViL-e

how to tuned...because my rpm to low...about below 500..... :huh: ....help me... :(

u can adjust ur engine idle screw to make ur engine rpm hover around 800~900 rpm.
cant give detail coz u didnt mention ur car model.

i use satria 1.6 GLi...where is the screw...??when i switch on aircond my rpm go down to around 200 rpm only...help me... :(

guest18 : Your sunny is a carb right? You can find the idle adjuster at the back of your carb. It's just a screw with a spring... correct me if i'm wrong.

eVIL-e : Your rpm drop to 200rpm because you have a failure idle step motor. Replace the thing and your problem with the air-cond will be solved.

my idle rpm not stable ...

range from 500 to 1.5 k ...
alway jump around ... I wonder whathappen ...
start car when it cold it usually lower ... when it drive around if the rad is still cool and fan not on yet it is 1 k ... when the rad is heated and the fan on-ed ,the rpm usually rise to 1.3 to 1.5

i facing the problem too...send to check by the mech...then he tune a thing at the carb...he say to control the air con idling rpm one...but dunno what that thing call la...

guest18,

my old carb engine also like that.. but its between 700rpm and 1300rpm lar, with aircond off. if aircond on then rpm drop 200.

i asked around already, they told me its because when the engine is damn hot, the engine oil get thinner, thus the engine somehow go faster. *scratch head* i also dunno why and never knew got this thing, dunno its true or not. but since it didn't give me any problem, even when idle at 500rpm the car won't shake, so i didn't care.

now i'm using efi, i just twist the screw on my air flow meter can change the idling rpm already, and then there's another screw for me to tune the idling point when i have the aircond switched on.

how to set the idling rpm for injection car? which screw u mean? can show the pic?

Before my car send for timing balancing, it was bout 1000+rpm when idle! Now my car sometimes drop till 500 rpm ! Sometimes, the engine stops. I must restart the car b4 i can go. what is it happening ? I know that the normal idling was round 800 rpm. Any one can help me with this prob? My engine still using carb.

my honda EG3 said:
Before my car send for timing balancing, it was bout 1000+rpm when idle! Now my car sometimes drop till 500 rpm ! Sometimes, the engine stops. I must restart the car b4 i can go. what is it happening ? I know that the normal idling was round 800 rpm. Any one can help me with this prob? My engine still using carb.
idle rpm tuning is needed... is ur carb clean??... clean it regularly and u will have a stable carburettor....

if like tis sure yr carb setting run out oredi....muz always observe the settings 1....carbie car easy to adjust the timing lar cuz got 2 screw to adjust 1....1 isfor idling.....n 1 more is the idling when the air cond is on.....but injection car we can't adjust it ourself.....tats wat most ppl say

an unstable rpm can due to air filter is dirty need replacement,carb need adjustment,carb dirty need cleaning,oil tank need cleaning or carb kong edi but seldom carb can kong unless u press the padel like hell every time, if carb kong dont listen to machanic they will tell u to change the whole thing and it cost more that 1000. go and buy the carb kit it cost below 100 and work menship not more than 50

kelvio said:
go and buy the carb kit it cost below 100 and work menship not more than 50

wat is this carb kit for and how can it repair?