How those lousy tyre shop con to survive

darn! someone list down good and bad tyre shops in penang pls thanks.

today i went to a tyre shop which i have went 3 times only and all 3 times bad satisfactory. first time i went, they said done d but thr was no difference. but i wasnt free enough to go back to shop so i went the next time. they do for me agn and said its because my tyre mia grip is not balance cuz the previous owner didnt do alignment(second hand car i bought in jan this year). This i can accept but when he drove my car he was kinda rough with it. so happened their old tyres fall on the side on my hood and dented my car. so we settled it with no charges for the alignment so okay fine since its a small dent. then the third time i went to change my tyres and do alignment which was 7 months later my alignment was not done properly again. at first it was ok but after 2 weeks not oky. so today i went back and ask him to check. the retard lap with my car and spoiled my clutch pad. then give lotsa excuses. my mechanic check and found out that my clutch pad was burned out. meaning he lap with my car. i cant rmb the shop's name but i've post it up when i check it agn.

so guys out thr, always tell whoever who's taking yr car for a test, tell them dont f***ing LAP WITH MY CAR.

jeez!

Huh? where is the shop? then is time to upgrade to 1.6 exedy clutch loh~ cheap and good for me!:driver:

Huh? where is the shop? then is time to upgrade to 1.6 exedy clutch loh~ cheap and good for me!:driver:

oh no i forgot bout the shop name hah. erm its at gelugor post office thr want. now currently im trying the one opposite rafi nasi kandar in pulau tikus. which one do u go? hah and how much do they charge? oh ya btw my clutch set change d. to a 1.5 set. my mechanic changed it to some imported japanese brand want. he say more durable. how much was yr exedy clutch hah? just curious

wow....so many conman shop.... well why don't u guys try at "Tek Ming" (Silverstone billboard) at Bdr Sunway. i found their tires were quite cheap & reasonable price. they will give u a list of tires price of sizes & brand for you to choose.they also hv a large number of sport rims ... i did my alignment there ...if was perfect compare to the shop which near my house which is worst & they redo it for me for few times yet still failed..... they are more in changing tires instead of repairing workshop.

Just compile all those lousy tire shop & post here for our future reference....most of Ol Klang Road tire shop oso like to con ppl....everytime go for alignment oso must change camber nuts :stupid:

old klang road which 1? as i know, Michelin shop at old klang road quite genuine.

One place which used to do superb alignment was Race in glenmarie. I didn't mind paying cos they really did a superb top notch job, too bad they closed down now :-( sniff sniff
Would appreciate it if someone could list down the addresses and names of the good ones too, especially in kepong as I live there, hehehe

something to share with you guys...
i just work 1 month with this shop and i already cannot tahan......... just quit the job today
well... whenever the customer leave their car on this shop... sure get chopped...
driveshaft boot worn out... ask ppl to chg whole unit......
customer not around... pour some left over oil.......charge new oil.......
camber case......tyre valve..........skim disc...........steering oil flush.......
some time even that tyre can be fixed the boss also say cant, and in the end asked the customer to chg new tyre......

CK: Another shop which con their customers a lot. Could you please let us know the detail ? and yes..you don't have to work for this kind of lousy shop, i'm sure you can find a better job out there. Hope these lousy shops business will go down to drain one day!

Last edited:
yeah, i would like to know too..
pm me bro....if its in kl or pj

pls allow me 2 add in sum lil info.
i m not sure how true is dis but it seems those alignment machines in tyre shops DO need recalibration after certain period.y i say so?dun worry,i dun represent any tyre shops.but dis was told 2 me by my fren's chief mechanic in his tyre shop.coz once he refused 2 do my car as he knows i'm very fussy abt alignment coz he told me d machine need 2 b recalibrate but d technician not free 2 come n do it yet.n dis is frm a tyre shop in Kuantan,quite famouse,got 5 outlets.so,i guess can't really trust d machine's read out?
2nd infor i 1na add,regarding machine read out oso.i haf a fren who runs a tyre shop in Tmn Sri Muda,Shah Alam.those familiar 2 dis place shud know Ah Wah.i was told he used 2 work 4 sum HK Rally Team,i duno how true.but his alignment skill is really SUPERB!he does it d ol skool way w.out using any machine!just jack up both drive wheels,get 1 of his boys 2 sit in d car,engage gear n let d tyre spin...he'll put both his hands on d fender n feel 4 vibration(?)....@ 1st i tot dis must b like sum guessing game but NO....he did both my frt wheels @ ONE go only,n he din even bother 2 test drive it himself.all he told me is,"u go test drive d car,satisfy only come back n pay me.if not happy u dun come back n dun pay me oso no problem."..n true,i drove back w his shop w a smile on my face n paid him 4 his services.....n i did ask him y dun use d machine in his shop?he say no machine can match his accuracy..hehehehehhe......

shop name??

Never leave your car unattended especially at a shop you do not know about. For me I always go back to my regular tyre shop, mechanic and so on and they have been with me for years and so far no incidents at all.
As for the camber nut, once you have fitted, all you need to do next time around is to adjust only, and that is when it is out of specs. No need to change the nut again.....

chamber nuts for rm 8 ar.. haih.. these shops ar.. thinking about it, its just a bolt with an outer piece with a bump that will turn when the bolt is turned.. haih.. tire shops are real con man..

really that cheap?
guess i was conned when I had to pay RM140 for camber, alignment and balancing and it happened when i was a student. :bawling:

cant remember the shop name but it is at wangsa maju area

Just hate it when these shops con people. They can see whether you know or don't know by testing you with some questions. After that they sharpen their knives for the kill.
Once they find out you know they quickly give you discount....

hi.. can someone recommend any good tyre shops in klang area? I have been sending my cars to few shops, but seems like non of them did a good job.. all of them are havin cases similar to the above..

i got conned in putrajaya.
there's this tyre shop that offers alignment for rm25. so i went there to do alignment.

while doing it, the mech said front + rear toe need to adjust, i looked at the screen and see the toe lari a bit and tell him adjust la, mmg do to alignment have to adjust.

so when i wanna pay, i have to pay rm75. rm25 alignment + rm50 to adjust toe. WTH??
we had a shouting match after that but since things already done and i was tired (after work), i paid rm75.
hhmm.. lucky him i dont have the bravery to bakar that shop....

neuro,
if me i would take pic of the shop & blacklist him.
the thread is under Car Care.

hi.. can someone recommend any good tyre shops in klang area? I have been sending my cars to few shops, but seems like non of them did a good job.. all of them are havin cases similar to the above..

Try Kee Hin in Old Klang Road or Weng Tat in Subang...

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

i got conned in putrajaya.
there's this tyre shop that offers alignment for rm25. so i went there to do alignment.

while doing it, the mech said front + rear toe need to adjust, i looked at the screen and see the toe lari a bit and tell him adjust la, mmg do to alignment have to adjust.

so when i wanna pay, i have to pay rm75. rm25 alignment + rm50 to adjust toe. WTH??
we had a shouting match after that but since things already done and i was tired (after work), i paid rm75.
hhmm.. lucky him i dont have the bravery to bakar that shop....

Wah! first time I hear adjust toe must pay.....adjust camber then have to pay but not toe as toe is alignment....so they fish you with RM25 price. Sometimes too cheap must be careful, nothing free in this world...

Wah! first time I hear adjust toe must pay.....adjust camber then have to pay but not toe as toe is alignment....so they fish you with RM25 price. Sometimes too cheap must be careful, nothing free in this world...

yup. i was lured by the rm25 offer.
and the tyres there are bloody expensive.
well, u cannot compare with klang prices la kan..

In Klang, some shops also must be careful. Cheap price on tyres, then try to get you on other things. Most of the times, camber loh! maybe highlighted many times in forum so they have to find new ways to con already....