How those lousy tyre shop con to survive

Yo AxxeLL: The shop that i mentioned which can really do excellent alignment is located nearby Motorsports playground, sunway called MPS Auto. U can judge by the work they did if u visit them one day.

Neo: Ya agreed with u all. 99% of the tyreman are uncapable of doing a good job, that's why they need talk a lot of rubbish to con us, and give a lot of excuses when they fucked up the job. if possible could you pls help to input the name of the lousy tyreshop, then i can compile a list and update it here. Hopefully the rest of the forumers will avoid going these shops and bring their down business down to river!!

I HATE CON MAN !!

Last edited:
usually,the supervisor will shokliou intertain you.but be careful.last time i send my car to be align at masai,pasir gudang. i in a line for the service.then i see the mechanics there kaw2 tipu.they didnt do a proper alignment.when i saw it.they hardly try to close the monitor (so I cant see the degree of alignment).then my turn come.little bit courious,the supervisor keep talking to me bla blab bla change tu chang ini.but i keeping my attention to my car.n then the mechanic told me..aaa the chamber nuts need to be adjust, rm50 each..n i am directly fucking this guys...only adjusting the screw not changing why should i pay up to rm50.....after that i never come to the shop.this shop located near to essomobil station junction to masai and permas jaya.so dont go there guys...it is hardly to get trusted tyre shop at jb and pasir gudang...

Yo AxxeLL: The shop that i mentioned which can really do excellent alignment is located nearby Motorsports playground, sunway called MPS Auto. U can judge by the work they did if u visit them one day.

Neo: Ya agreed with u all. 99% of the tyreman are uncapable of doing a good job, that's why they need talk a lot of rubbish to con us, and give a lot of excuses when they fucked up the job. if possible could you pls help to input the name of the lousy tyreshop, then i can compile a list and update it here. Hopefully the rest of the forumers will avoid going these shops and bring their down business down to river!!

I HATE CON MAN !!

i'll try to take a picture of the shop soon.
i guess most tyre shops are like that, so you have to be smart and it's better if you know a little or two about your car. ask people who have experiences, always check what are they doing to your car. just some advise for others. avoid getting con! :biggrin:

tires shop selling nuts....rm20 in kepong & jalan ipoh area
rm40 in damansara area
rm65 in sunway.....making tonnes of money man.

funny thing is i took my scooby for alignment few years back after changing drive shaft dust cover....coz need to remove drive shaft..so must do alignment..the tire shop told me yr camber nut need to change to special one....rm20/pc...then i told him, pls don do anything cos i think my stock nut will cost u more than 10 or 20 of yr nuts....so he just shut up and showed me sour face....after the alignment i felt no good...went to another shop and did the alignment again...

now i only trust 2 shops...1 is the one i known for many years...
another is my fellow good friends recommendation....location in usj & kepong...great skills and great professionalism...

other all nonsense....once my friend change his civic tires into 4 pcs of michelin for about 30% cheaper from normal price...then when went back...her hubby checked...its year make 2004 (expired tires)...confronted the tire shop...they said oh..sorry i fixed wrongly and replace it but asked for additional price coz new stocks naik harga bla bla bla.......really con man all these ppl....

rm40 in damansara area

funny thing is i took my scooby for alignment few years back after changing drive shaft dust cover....coz need to remove drive shaft..so must do alignment..the tire shop told me yr camber nut need to change to special one....rm20/pc...then i told him, pls don do anything cos i think my stock nut will cost u more than 10 or 20 of yr nuts....so he just shut up and showed me sour face....after the alignment i felt no good...went to another shop and did the alignment again...

another is my fellow good friends recommendation....location in usj & kepong...great skills and great professionalism...

other all nonsense....once my friend change his civic tires into 4 pcs of michelin for about 30% cheaper from normal price...then when went back...her hubby checked...its year make 2004 (expired tires)...confronted the tire shop...they said oh..sorry i fixed wrongly and replace it but asked for additional price coz new stocks naik harga bla bla bla.......really con man all these ppl....

Good.. Thank you... We should report and alert people in forums or else these irresponsible vendors think they can do s**t to consumers and feel safe about it. How about starting a new forum category of "reported shops" or similar name? Haha...

i got some experience in such case
i went to a tires shop in Sri Rampai Business Park
i dont wish to put the shop name but it has a big BRIDGESTONE signboard at his shop
this shop offer quite good price selling their tires and their trick is offer free alignment after changing tires
since it was free so i say ok and i watch them closely tune my all 4 wheels alignment until i;m satisfy with the figure shown at their alignment monitor. then one of the adjuster test drive my car while bringing 2 spanars along. of coz i asked him why and he replied sometimes those figure shown at monitor not accurate. after a while my car came back and tht fella tell me tht my steering rack cushion worn out thus my alignment is not perfect. at tht time i already know this shop cons ppl with such techinque(because I've just changed my steering rack cushions along with engine mountings 2 days ago) i tell him to check at the machine again he refused saying it's the same and probably the cushions i;ve changed is not genuine or not properly install (i did inspect the parts and it is 100% genuine and installed by my father's friend) so i just tell him do not touch my car anymore and i just pay the tires and went to another tyre shop at at jalan ipoh which i know and the proved the earlier tyre shop readjust my alignment again to try to con me. by the time i reached another tyre shop, front tires already worn out by 1% on the outer part.
Beside this, back to the earlier shop, while tires being changed, i saw their foremen secretly took out 4 spacers from a green satria gti and telling the malay owner tht his car need add spacer to perform more stability and all wheel nuts must be changed in order to fit new spacer ( i was wtf but i've no idea wat did the malay owner request maybe the owner request by himself to change new spacer, so i just concentrate to watch over my car)

rm40 in damansara area

hey bro, can share your regular tyre shops in kepong/usj? im from kepong too. almost kena con by 1 tayar shop at taman bukit maluri. along the restoran 'TUCK KEE' at the bottom corner lot.. opposite the road side pan mee..

went do some alignment after my car got into accident and after fixing.. swerve into right side auto matically. he told me camber nut must change, wanna charge me so expensive samore.. wtf man. i told him, dont change anything and i just done alignment..

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

i got some experience in such case
i went to a tires shop in Sri Rampai Business Park
i dont wish to put the shop name but it has a big BRIDGESTONE signboard at his shop
this shop offer quite good price selling their tires and their trick is offer free alignment after changing tires
since it was free so i say ok and i watch them closely tune my all 4 wheels alignment until i;m satisfy with the figure shown at their alignment monitor. then one of the adjuster test drive my car while bringing 2 spanars along. of coz i asked him why and he replied sometimes those figure shown at monitor not accurate. after a while my car came back and tht fella tell me tht my steering rack cushion worn out thus my alignment is not perfect. at tht time i already know this shop cons ppl with such techinque(because I've just changed my steering rack cushions along with engine mountings 2 days ago) i tell him to check at the machine again he refused saying it's the same and probably the cushions i;ve changed is not genuine or not properly install (i did inspect the parts and it is 100% genuine and installed by my father's friend) so i just tell him do not touch my car anymore and i just pay the tires and went to another tyre shop at at jalan ipoh which i know and the proved the earlier tyre shop readjust my alignment again to try to con me. by the time i reached another tyre shop, front tires already worn out by 1% on the outer part.
Beside this, back to the earlier shop, while tires being changed, i saw their foremen secretly took out 4 spacers from a green satria gti and telling the malay owner tht his car need add spacer to perform more stability and all wheel nuts must be changed in order to fit new spacer ( i was wtf but i've no idea wat did the malay owner request maybe the owner request by himself to change new spacer, so i just concentrate to watch over my car)

one trustable tayar shop is the corner lot tyre shop beside a BIG field.. forgot call what d the housing area with a big field at the front.. HSBC is just nearby there

hey bro, can share your regular tyre shops in kepong/usj? im from kepong too. almost kena con by 1 tayar shop at taman bukit maluri. along the restoran 'TUCK KEE' at the bottom corner lot.. opposite the road side pan mee..

went do some alignment after my car got into accident and after fixing.. swerve into right side auto matically. he told me camber nut must change, wanna charge me so expensive samore.. wtf man. i told him, dont change anything and i just done alignment..[

oic...that shop also con 1..very useful info...thx bro!!!

the shop that mentioned by EvolutionZ was located at tmn perindustrian ehsan jaya...just behind the very famous mamak shop "Chandran"...call YR auto center:biggrin:

Hi Infinity Melvin; can you please provide the shop name? Hope we can do a bit "free advertising" for those lousy tyreshop.

List updated.

went do some alignment after my car got into accident and after fixing.. swerve into right side auto matically. he told me camber nut must change, wanna charge me so expensive samore.. wtf man. i told him, dont change anything and i just done alignment..

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

one trustable tayar shop is the corner lot tyre shop beside a BIG field.. forgot call what d the housing area with a big field at the front.. HSBC is just nearby there

i usually do my alignment and balancing at jalan ipoh batu5
located few shops beside the petronas station forgot wat name but it is 1st tires shop shop count from petronas. beside is a shop selling hardware this shop do provide rim refurbish in case while doing balancing found out the rim dented, can be fixed there at a reasonable price.

there is another tires shop with signboard GoodYear opposite esso station at jalan ipoh batu 3
the owner is an old man which is very friendly
the price is reasonable but if not close to this shop might get "potong" a bit from his first hand

personally i prefer go to the batu5 one becoz i can get my wheel fixed on the spot if found dented becoz they have the equipment
not all tires shop provide this service

however ur case, it seems like ur lower arm problem, i;m not a professional but u can try measure the distance from front wheel to rear wheel each side see any different or not
however sometimes my car also slightly swerve to right side automatically probably becoz i dont have lsd wheel haha

This is good for others to learn. Dont trust anyone, that what I always did when dealing with so called expert workshop, tyre shop. I will always there when they touched my car, even they lough at me "why u wait here, go minum la" what i did just smile a bit till they finished my car.

happend to me before they change my throttle cable with old one and charge me RM50. chamber nuts I almost kena once.

because of that now I have new habit, always snap few picture before sending to workshop and sometime I snap in front of this so called expert.

hahaha try to con me..later u know. i will bring those proof to tribunal.

Sure bro, will take a pic when i passby. just outside my hse only the 'con-man' shop lol.

btw, the one at jln ipoh i went is also operate by an old man.. just opposite a big field dunno call wat south/north west or sumting.the old man is the boss there, very helpful n give alot good tips. when i go change my myvi tyre, he recommend me some newly 2nd hand tyres, where those owners change new sportrims when just got the car. genuinely perfect condition, checked the date and all. got them at fairly low price :)

the daughter is also always there, but kinda lansi look. i always look for the old man only if i have any problems. will try to get the name of the shop if got pass by haha

pls allow me 2 add in sum lil info.
i m not sure how true is dis but it seems those alignment machines in tyre shops DO need recalibration after certain period.y i say so?dun worry,i dun represent any tyre shops.but dis was told 2 me by my fren's chief mechanic in his tyre shop.coz once he refused 2 do my car as he knows i'm very fussy abt alignment coz he told me d machine need 2 b recalibrate but d technician not free 2 come n do it yet.n dis is frm a tyre shop in Kuantan,quite famouse,got 5 outlets.so,i guess can't really trust d machine's read out?
2nd infor i 1na add,regarding machine read out oso.i haf a fren who runs a tyre shop in Tmn Sri Muda,Shah Alam.those familiar 2 dis place shud know Ah Wah.i was told he used 2 work 4 sum HK Rally Team,i duno how true.but his alignment skill is really SUPERB!he does it d ol skool way w.out using any machine!just jack up both drive wheels,get 1 of his boys 2 sit in d car,engage gear n let d tyre spin...he'll put both his hands on d fender n feel 4 vibration(?)....@ 1st i tot dis must b like sum guessing game but NO....he did both my frt wheels @ ONE go only,n he din even bother 2 test drive it himself.all he told me is,"u go test drive d car,satisfy only come back n pay me.if not happy u dun come back n dun pay me oso no problem."..n true,i drove back w his shop w a smile on my face n paid him 4 his services.....n i did ask him y dun use d machine in his shop?he say no machine can match his accuracy..hehehehehhe......

akuma: Yes you are right..balancing machines and alignment machines need to do calibration about 3-4 months once(depends on the number of usage) in order to maintain the accuracy. If fail to do so, the steering on the vehicle will not be pointing straight after alignment, even if we have followed the spec shown on the monitor.

yes, also agreed with the old school way u were saying, as i personally experienced it. Not many tyre man knows how to do the alignment in the old school way, secondly it consumes a lot more time than using the alignment machine.

These lousy tayar man main objective is to make fast money and they will never bother to do the machine calibration. At the end of the day, as long as the car can run then will be fine.

Last edited:
Just compile all those lousy tire shop & post here for our future reference....most of Ol Klang Road tire shop oso like to con ppl....everytime go for alignment oso must change camber nuts :stupid:

yup the list is in 1st page, please provide me the name and reasons why they suck.

If i have time, i will post up another topic together with some snap shot/ pictures bout "how a proper alignment should be done". Hope forumers won't easily get con by those lousy shops. But i can't promise u all when i can do this.

the good one in usj mydin mall...just inside the carpark.....u look for danny...the boss there.....so far so good for all that i recommended....really did their alignment and tires very well.

2nd infor i 1na add,regarding machine read out oso.i haf a fren who runs a tyre shop in Tmn Sri Muda,Shah Alam.those familiar 2 dis place shud know Ah Wah.i was told he used 2 work 4 sum HK Rally Team,i duno how true.but his alignment skill is really SUPERB!he does it d ol skool way w.out using any machine!just jack up both drive wheels,get 1 of his boys 2 sit in d car,engage gear n let d tyre spin...he'll put both his hands on d fender n feel 4 vibration(?)....@ 1st i tot dis must b like sum guessing game but NO....he did both my frt wheels @ ONE go only,n he din even bother 2 test drive it himself.all he told me is,"u go test drive d car,satisfy only come back n pay me.if not happy u dun come back n dun pay me oso no problem."..n true,i drove back w his shop w a smile on my face n paid him 4 his services.....n i did ask him y dun use d machine in his shop?he say no machine can match his accuracy..hehehehehhe......

bro, mind to list the shop name?
or mayb jalan apa apa?

darn! someone list down good and bad tyre shops in penang pls thanks.

today i went to a tyre shop which i have went 3 times only and all 3 times bad satisfactory. first time i went, they said done d but thr was no difference. but i wasnt free enough to go back to shop so i went the next time. they do for me agn and said its because my tyre mia grip is not balance cuz the previous owner didnt do alignment(second hand car i bought in jan this year). This i can accept but when he drove my car he was kinda rough with it. so happened their old tyres fall on the side on my hood and dented my car. so we settled it with no charges for the alignment so okay fine since its a small dent. then the third time i went to change my tyres and do alignment which was 7 months later my alignment was not done properly again. at first it was ok but after 2 weeks not oky. so today i went back and ask him to check. the retard lap with my car and spoiled my clutch pad. then give lotsa excuses. my mechanic check and found out that my clutch pad was burned out. meaning he lap with my car. i cant rmb the shop's name but i've post it up when i check it agn.

so guys out thr, always tell whoever who's taking yr car for a test, tell them dont f***ing LAP WITH MY CAR.

jeez!