Those supposed to save you or kill you?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

fahmic99le

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
from my friend's facebook..

don't worry.. the driver is safe and he's alone.. syukur..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
youch!

well, technically those dividers are supposed to save you from plunging down to anywhere away from the road, but maybe this guardrail failed due the the securing bolts aren't really secured....hmm, suspicious huh?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
but its not logic if the guard rail nuts can be loosen so easily .....unless ppl bring power tools there to loosen it OR they did not properly tighten it....
suspicious too...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For such, I think is suppose to save u but I think those bricks barricades should be better at least such thing won't happen or kill you. Is made of steel and is long. It depends on how you hit it I guess.

Anyway, do drive safe and I'm glad that the driver is okay and no one got hurt. It could be fatal if there was a passenger.

fahmic99le

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005

if we look at how they bolt the guard, it won't loose easily.. it this case, how?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
This is penetration man ..

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
the guardrails were put togather using rivet. maybe it gets rusted and weak overtime. thanks god no one in that seat..

WJL8229

Known Member
Feb 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sometimes when we drive no matter sport car , luxuries car even 4 x 4 car...we are same.. is matter about ur attitude of driving ....we cant blame the road fender but we have to blame our self due to nekless driving ... u c the divider how can the divider cross in to the car ...u guess how fast the drive drive ? how she or he drive ? u might drive fast and unable to stop , then the car maybe lost grip and bang the road divider ...then u blame the road divider ....come on la...we are big enought and know how to judge the accident....either we can take our ego out of our soul when you are driving .......plp wan to drive like shit or crazy let them be crazy ....dont follow them or else we also same like them.....i didnt mean to offence someone but think before you drive

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

no matter what i put at the divider for safety we still in the risk..sometimes safety doesnt bring you safe it might harm you...e.a ( if you take too much of vitamin pill it might harm your health..if we didnt take it also harm your body ...we must take the pill vitamin according to the needs. right

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
The topic sentence is the "divider" not driver driving altitude

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
man this accident is bad...felt sorry for the owner of the car...

this might be not related...but heard a rumor a few years back that the "mat pet" is stealing all the "besi" stuff from guard rails, railway track, manhole cover and even stainless steel gate and sold them at scrap metal shop...talk about time and effort just to get a fix...but a rumor is still a rumor...in one incident they manage to cut the rivet off and pry off the guard rails...but apparently they left it there on the side of the road...maybe its to heavy to carry or lack of means to do so...

so in this case,IMHO, its either bad installation (because i believe rivets are hard to be mess with once install properly), sabotage (the case that the guard rails have been tempered with, which i doubt it since by the look of it,this happened on a highway not some abandoned road where you can bring the tools to pry of the guard rails without someone noticing it) or its just not the driver luck..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
fahmic99le - would you be kind enough to explain or draw out how this accident happened? im curious to know how his car manage to be in this situation...the guradrail looks like point of entry is the front...but if you look and the other photo and analyze again, the front windscreen shows that its an exit point where the front windscreen forced entry was from the rear...

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
luckily that divider saved them thrown into the ravine...

maybe wrong overlap of that divider...if u understand...

SundayDriver

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
walau... once i saw the 2nd pic really damn scary...
thank god u say nobody sitting there

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Danz...wat happened? didnt read papers on sunday..

but to bring this topic back up...i find it wierd to see that the guardrail can just peel off n pierce thru the car...n from the distance the car travelled after the penetration...doesnt look like he was going that fast. notice no brake skid marks? looks like the driver fell asleep n woke up when the impact happened n stopped. my guess is the guardrail had an opening which he banged and the opening banana-peeled n went thru the car. if somebody were to be sitting there...i shudder at the thought...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Asian Car Club's AutoKhana Test was held on the 30th of May 2004 in Sepang F1 circuit's huge carpark..

it's basically we need to drive around some cones in the fastest time, in the correct sequence, and stop in a lil cone box and all this while not hit any cones.
very driver skill demanding. ;)

here's some pics :

my 'office'

my car and the Malay guys drooling over a Kancil :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience