help!! my 20v idling problem!!

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
Last edited:

bryanl5636

Known Member
Sep 12, 2008
One more question,if I use emanage blue to tune up,the problem can be solve?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Wil try,tq Levin 818,by the way,didt u have o2 sensor for bt?

Most half cut sell it around RM100. Better bring along sample coz after bought, I just realized that 'lubang tapak' of the O2 sensor from half cut slight narrow than original.
So I mod a bit.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
One more question,if I use emanage blue to tune up,the problem can be solve?
E-manage can solve power delivery/smoothness problems due to slight fueling mismatch when convert from SVT to BT ecu(with trumpet)..but i always want to make sure all sensors and actuators are in good condition before proceed to something else.We need to address the root cause 1st.If all things in good condition,then use e-manage to smoothen out all the problems.

check fuel delivery system.clean throttle and ISCv

ahaw

Known Member
Apr 1, 2007
@levin818 : (sorry in advance if out of topics) where is ur shop? need ur help to check my ecu for condition...

*notes ; idle still 400rpm

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi ahaw, please check your PM. Tks!

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

E-manage can solve power delivery/smoothness problems due to slight fueling mismatch when convert from SVT to BT ecu(with trumpet)..but i always want to make sure all sensors and actuators are in good condition before proceed to something else.We need to address the root cause 1st.If all things in good condition,then use e-manage to smoothen out all the problems.

check fuel delivery system.clean throttle and ISCv
I fully agree with this! Always solve the problem before plug in any piggy back to fine tune the performance.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Wong,yes you're correct...if your wiring is SVT auto,then it would not have a problem to accept BT auto/manual ecu,also the a/c will not affected because the SVT auto a/c signal to the ecu is same with blacktop auto/manual.

The problem only when converting SVT manual to BT ecu,but so far i've done almost 20 SVT to BT conversions,so far no customer complaint on low idle,for such conversion,it is necessary to use a/c idle up valve.

And also when convert to BT ecu,some may go the 'trumpet' route,hence the low end fueling is greatly affected,a fuel pressure regulator will usually fixed this.Also i will suggest to each customer to fit blacktop O2 sensor for proper running (although most of them didnt bother)..
My A/C amplifier was taken from SVT first gen M/T. It communicates well with all the SVT ecu that i have plug in, regardless which generation, A/T or M/T... Perhaps, your case is coincident, or the wiring that you handle already modded before arrive your hand... :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

I think the caps look different than the earlier svt ecu isnt it Wong...
Those are still from same manufacturer with similar grade. Which mean will have problem after 15 yrs later...

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
ALEX KHOO,
if i'm not mistake, i think ur AFM sensor is faulty. last time i also have found this issue before, after clean ISC, throttle body more than 3 day, the idle problem coming back again. after i tries to buy another chop shop AFM, and tries to adjust the bypass screw at the AFM (chop shop), until now more than half years so far no problem.
bro..i hv try to change AFM unit! result is idling is better than B4 BUT it juz can last for 1 or2 day onli:confused: after tat back to worse:banghead:!! then after tat i try to UNPLUG the FUSE BOX ENGINE CONTROL FUSE(15)and RESET it...after tat my idling was normal againt BUT it will back to worse after FEW HOUR or OVERNITE....:confused: anyone know wat happen!!

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi alex,
how many idle rpm during cold start engine? for my case, i had to tune fico part, angle of distributor as well. did u tried as i mentioned part?

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
hi alex,
how many idle rpm during cold start engine? for my case, i had to tune fico part, angle of distributor as well. did u tried as i mentioned part?
after reset morning start 1200-1500rpm then slowly drop to 900-1000....after drive few hour or overnite start 1000rpm then drop to 400-500rpm then sometime mati engine!! i hv adjust angle of distibutor abit higher but same!! wat is fico part?

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
brote alex
how about ur check engine light? did have any blink? while u ovenite start the engine, did u have switch on the headlight lamp? or did u have switch on the a/c as well? u try to dun on all the headlight lamp and a/c 1st.
if u drive a few hrs idle rpm drop, suspect ur power supply not so good. or u may try to install one voltage stabizer see condition.
fico meant is idle valve adjust air conditional. it allocate besides the wiper motor at the engine chassis. mainly used to abjust the air conditional.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Bro alex, how was the problem? Today when I popup my engine hood, take short look at all vacuum hose around charcoal canister. What I found is 2-3 vacuum hose already cracked. I'm gonna replace that soon.
Since your engine is almost about same as mine, why don't you change all the vacuum hose.
Cheap trial and error only.

AFAIK, vacuum hose behind 4 throttle has been changed rite?

beyond

Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
KayEL
Good idea on the Vacuum hose change.
Mine also dry and cracked.

Wondering how much to change the whole engine hose to silicon type.

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Bro alex, how was the problem? Today when I popup my engine hood, take short look at all vacuum hose around charcoal canister. What I found is 2-3 vacuum hose already cracked. I'm gonna replace that soon.
Since your engine is almost about same as mine, why don't you change all the vacuum hose.
Cheap trial and error only.

AFAIK, vacuum hose behind 4 throttle has been changed rite?
tat day i take my car clean 4 throttle( take out piece by piece) by bro LEVIN_818! he oledi check all the vacuum hose where dry and crack ,then change most of it...but after drive 1 or 2 day,the problem came back..:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

have u heard about Surbo... claim to improve power n fuel consumption.. or anyone using it? whts the comment? should i install 1 too?? thanks..:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience