GTR 35, best GTR but....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
nobody is asking you to spend 30k on OEM rotors, you have to be RICH and NO-STUDY-BUKU-BACK-IN-PRIMARY-SKOOL type to do that.

Got my MINES rotors fitted+workmanship for less than RM 30k but it is still crap. Going to try STILLEN after the MINES give way because it is almost half the price of MINES!

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Guys,

Good to see so many feedbacks here. I think the other main problem that we have here in Malaysia is the RELATIVELY expensive price tag of the GTR itself.

OK, What is the price tag that you think it should be for the GTR in Malaysia, knowing all the issues that we discussed earlier remains the same, e.g. launching, rotor..etc etc...

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
nobody is asking you to spend 30k on OEM rotors, you have to be RICH and NO-STUDY-BUKU-BACK-IN-PRIMARY-SKOOL type to do that.

Got my MINES rotors fitted+workmanship for less than RM 30k but it is still crap. Going to try STILLEN after the MINES give way because it is almost half the price of MINES!
Who's talking about spending RM30k on OEM rotors?

Be Prepared to fork out more $$$ to replace the disc rotor, transmission, drive shaft joint, and also the clutch system should you decided to get the GTR35! 1 of my friend bought 1 lately and less than 4000km, the disk brake starts to show cracking already, and worst of all, the dealer told him that its not under warranty and GOOD LUCK! WTF?!?!? He was mad and need to fork out additional around RM30k to go for after market disk rotor!
As for the price of the GT-R, they were made as a direct competitor against the Porsche 911 Turbo so I guess it's understandable why it's priced that way too.
For all the shortcomings of the vehicle, mind you that this is a completely new platform, tearing away from the Skyline models, unlike it's predecessors. This is the first batch of a brand new development so I guess there are bound to have many kinks that need ironing out.

Last edited:

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Ah,

So now that we have the reasonable price hey? heheh..more opinions on price guys? ;) Cheers!

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
That’s why you never buy the first batch of any car :-) Apparently NISSAN has solved the gearbox launch issue.

I was at VISION/HKS and there was a GTR there with a leaking gearbox :-( and the car is brand spanking new-ish…

Another bad thing about buying form gray importers is that you don’t have any warranty, I’m sure this rotor issue will be resolved if you in Japan

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
iexit,

True, that's what you'll find most of the people say online. The first batch car produced with VIN / Chasis number Below CBAR35-001000 were running with the older version of Transmission software, those above were all alright. Blamed on NISSAN to have rolled out the car in a rush back in the late 2007.

I've also read that the 1st batch car has got much higher Lanuch control RPM (i.e. 4500rpm) compared to the later which has only around 2,500rpm..not sure how true.

As for rotor, i reckon is not a big issue. The ALCON 6 on my car previously too experienced the same, especially trackked!!
:driver:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Just a curious question on the disc issues ... Does anyone actually do proper bedding in on the new discs and pads? I seriously doubt when getting a grey-import, those guys over there probably fang it as much knowing it will be going off-shore anyway ...

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
When afford to own a GTR35 and repairing sure is not an issue, but when things starts to fallen apart that fast, its different story already. The statement is not able to replace it or not as a pocket money, it's the principle behind reliability and quality! For sure you also don't expect to pay RM600K plus for a brand new car and its parts starts breaking apart in less then a month or so right?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I think the R35 is a huge step for Nissan. If previously the R34GTR had a target market of say 25-35 year old buyers upgrading from their Evo 8s or STIs (I'm no marketing expert, I'm just guessing) then the new R35 would be bought by the 35-50 year old market, those who already have a Ferrari or Porsche and instead of buying an AMG, decided on the R35 instead.

Again, this is all my point of view based on what I hear are quite high maintenance costs. I'm sure there are many of us who could afford to buy the R35 but the question that really begs to be answered is - Do you want to own one? I don't think it's worth the money. For that sort of money you could buy an R34GTR to play and an Audi A4 or C-Class for daily driving ;)

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Well with what said, the 35 was never meant for the asian market anyway. It was targeted more for the US and European market with their strong currencies (seeing most of the launching (definately not the failed launch control) and marketing were pointed to that direction). Even with the surface-design, is very Fairlady-like which sold pretty well in the US.

The other thing is, the 35 would probably cost much less landed on our shores if it would have retained the 2.6 liter capacity, OR NOT for our pre-paid fuel subsidies on the duty imposed on the engine capacity of imports.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
I think Nissan is trying to target or get a bite of the upper market cake....as they are comparing directly with Porsche! Some more, the VSpec is about to cost more than RM1M if this news is correct......So, will you go for a NISSAN or PORSCHE OR FERRARI?!?

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PimPin, Yong, S-tune,

I agree with all your comments above..really, the GTR35 is a just a car we dint expect to have such high maintenance and of course, we dint even expect it to overtook Porsche on the Ring either.

Owning a 02~04 F360 will give you the almost exact same scenario in maintenance, but the car is just slower..leave alone how it sounds though.

Perhaps the car is targeting another group of buyers like PimPin mentioned. I would still give it a 10/10, relatively to all the criteria compared to Lambo or Ferrari...

Veyron needs major transmission re setting and parts changing max 3000km ( i read ), Lamdo Murcie limits to 2 launches warranty ( i read ), the Ferrari F-cars F1 gearbox clutch will only stay optimum for less then 10k, i experience...and non of them any cheaper then the GR6 transmission....;)

Last edited:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
If you want to date the Giselle Bundchens, get ready to pay Giselle Bundchen prices.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
......So, will you go for a NISSAN or PORSCHE OR FERRARI?!?

Three years down the road, disregarding how much you bought it for NEW, a Japanese car WILL and ALWAYS WILL be a Japanese car. Will there be comparison between a German, or Italian car then :hmmmm: For that amount of money for a JDM, I would think otherwise :rolleyes:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
1 thing for sure is, bringing a "horse" out always get attention more than carrying a "sun" around....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
eh u all know how much are the tyres only?

R35 not for Msian market, it is for Euro/UK/US NEW CAR market with full dealer back up + warranties.

Even warranties also Nissan try their best to exclude people.

UK is now crawling with R35s, it's target market is as an alternative to NEW 997 Turbo, so of course it will sell well as half the price.

So, in summary IMHO GT-R is brand new car and needs full dealer backing and warranty. For grey import, I would say wait 2-3 years until issues are sorted, price cheaper and aftermarket better developed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi frens jz to ask my waja 1.8 ECU sudah bakar!!! Normally hw much will d 2nd hand ECU cost or any other compatible ecu can b used... Plz help thanx..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience