GTR 35, best GTR but....

Yo Gobiz bro,

Alternative to the 997 Turbo in UK, comparing the price and performance, i bet that will be even a more drastic comparison in Malaysia when you've to pay RM1.2Million for the most basic car of 997 Turbo.

Nismo S-Tune,

agree. Decision maker for Automotive industries, or rather the Trade Ministry are to be blamed in this case..i say...f*** them nicely. Protecting National cars' sales interest i agree very much. Then they should make the 2.0 litre Camry, Accord, etc to be more expensive then 530i, since that's the higest cc they can compare.
Proton on the other hand is doing great job recently to their sales...is just those ..again, decision makers/f***er taking them as the protocol..and make them ugly...sad stories go on and on..

therefore, some people opt for the "head turning power" of the car and some really searching for the "xxx Nm" of the car, we can basically distinguish the group quite well now/

Then even comparing Evo vs "Proton" vs VW double clutch gearboxes..that i think we will open another topic for god sake.

To all NISSAN supporters, and especially to those who had any of the Previous GTRs....
I would say let's just show them some love~~~...this is the first time, although through almost totally different management, Mr Ghosn management, When do you think we would see a stock 500 HP GTR if otherwise. Very first time NISSAN is creating something to go head to head "PerformanceLY" and "price tagLY" with those "marques" that scored endless distinctions in races, and that which killed James Dean..

Opting to have the GTR running the Double Dry sump clutch transmission, IMHO, is the only choice NISSAN have in their case.. selecting the Supercars to be its benchmark. If 6-speed super durable manual box is what they are allowed, i bet we are seeing GTR flying around on PLUS highway now..

my take, Give it a try and have fun of just changing the front and Y-pipe, keep the stock muffler, load the Race mapping from a hand help called AccessPort and you get 580hp, 70+Nm..nothing more i can ask but to bare with the infant stage of transmission probe process...

The some wira u mention is 500hp issit? Also ur friends Golf? how much hp are we talking about. My evo launch (uncountable) till date my gearbox still ok but if i go higher to 500hp i doubt my gearbox will serve me well. So dont compare. I would agree on what u said they should have done more on the gearbox. I have 3 friends in s'pore driving a R35 so far no complaints from them. I will update if there's any problems or things to take note.

I m pretty sure paying so much for a supercar and no realibilty........how the owner feels:hmmmm:

500hp oem car surely have 650 oem gearbox which can withstand the horsepower of the engine right? But by the way wira have 110 hp but at least it's gearbox can tahan 200hp right? So it still need to compare because the car high engine power at least the manufacturer will be built a gearbox which can withstand the engine horse power right?
why helical gear and straight cut gear is exist because to suit for difference hp engine isn't it(but this more to racing already so is a bit related to this matter)? I am gc8 sti owner also i also launch a lot of time no problem, even the gearbox(TY752VBCAA) designed failure because first gear is too skinny(you know la launch to much what will happen). Because i am at 317whp region, If more than 500hp that i must upgrade to ppg straight cut to prevent problem. But so far the best gearbox still is supra 6 speed they almost unbreakable before 650hp(This information is from US drag professional so call TITAN). Every car surely have their weakness.

Anyways my point is if Nissan really built this car gearbox which can't cope to the car engine. Then this project is consider failure(but if the owner modified then this is different case). Why build this car in the first place which gearbox is so fragile, not even mention the rotor. This all just my 2 cent.

Good also i was planning buy one, after heard this news. gearbox problem, and what rotor cracked!!!:confused: what in the earth the gtr rotor is made from. this have resulted No interested on gtr at all already. If can really find some problems please told me also, to let me gain back my intention to buy gtr again.

Last edited:
limfk,

what you say it true, but i'll call it a 50% failure la, since not 100% of the GTRs has Tranny problems. Good to know you've even planned to get one but dint after the news you heard and saw perhaps. This is what the forum topic is for init?

guys,

has anyone got any sort of may be transmission problem of those OEM 500hp cars like F cars, and Lambos?..just to see if we can compare apple to apple though..;)

limfk,

what you say it true, but i'll call it a 50% failure la, since not 100% of the GTRs has Tranny problems. Good to know you've even planned to get one but dint after the news you heard and saw perhaps. This is what the forum topic is for init?

guys,

has anyone got any sort of may be transmission problem of those OEM 500hp cars like F cars, and Lambos?..just to see if we can compare apple to apple though..;)

This no wrong or right, some point you right also. :) :wavey:

The fact is the twin clutch system still new and cannot withstand really high hp after u modified the oem car engine and even tuner like blitz tell their fans that if your really want to modified your EVO X buy rs version(5 speed version) do not buy EVO GSR(Twin clutch system) because even tuner are very new to this technology. But one day i think the technology will overcome this problem for sure(just like rotary history mazda cure a problem about the apex seal of the rotor).

But so far the best gearbox still is supra 6 speed they almost unbreakable before 650hp(This information is from US drag professional so call TITAN). Every car surely have their weakness.

aijo.. 650hp only meh... no la.. more than that also can tahan...

I think let's just put it this way...Everyone, the tuners, owners, modifier, chit chatter, fans, in Japan or Malaysia..has just been given a very interesting New Toy to play with..and its a GTR...:)

EVen some proton wira launch every time the gearbox are more even better then gtr.
For the record the golf gti also twin clutch system, why my friend always launch it until now never have problem(2 years he owned it already)? gtr35 not quite reliable even nissan have been spent so long to research this beast(more than 10 years) why le maybe economic recession cost this(have money to R&D the engine and the body but no money to R&D the gearbox could result this maybe la...). just my 2 cent :)

Don't talk crapla bro, there are many things that can lead to a busted gearbox not just high BHP!
First of all the Golf GTi and the Wira's are front wheel drive ,so how hard can you launch both cars without loosing traction? This does not create much load/stress on the drivetrain, where else the gtr comes with launch control,anti lag and sticky tires for excellent traction of the line right from the factory, when you repeatedly launch it hard you will break something because the amount of load to the drivetrain is enormous, that is why nissan did some software changes to the 2009 model not HARDWARE!!!

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Dont just compare for the sake of comparing get your facts right before posting about the lack of funds on NISSAN side...............just my 2cents!

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

For your info the GR6 tranny was developed by BorgWarner for NISSAN

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

So far none of 'em Horses and Bull drivers came back to me complaining 'bout transmission issues.. Hopefully they wont, unless they wanna order new toys.. hehe!

*wondering if the white GTR in Tgg still can 'tahan' not to launch his car..:driver:

Don't talk crapla bro, there are many things that can lead to a busted gearbox not just high BHP!
First of all the Golf GTi and the Wira's are front wheel drive ,so how hard can you launch both cars without loosing traction? This does not create much load/stress on the drivetrain, where else the gtr comes with launch control,anti lag and sticky tires for excellent traction of the line right from the factory, when you repeatedly launch it hard you will break something because the amount of load to the drivetrain is enormous, that is why nissan did some software changes to the 2009 model not HARDWARE!!!

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Dont just compare for the sake of comparing get your facts right before posting about the lack of funds on NISSAN side...............just my 2cents!

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Hardcore gtr and nissan fans i bet your crack you gearbox with 110hp engine with reckless driving such as did not fully press down the clutch and just put in in the gear (because i have driving for 10 years i never break my gearbox even mydad and my brother):adore::adore:.

1) First of all the Golf GTi and the Wira's are front wheel drive ,so how hard can you launch both cars without loosing traction? This does not create much load/stress on the drivetrain. what!!!!:stupid:
For example both engine have 400HP FF(so call front wheel drive) have only two wheel is using the engine power mean one wheel is about 200hp and 4wd have 4 wheel drive mean 400Hp is divided to each wheel 100Hp add up 400HP. So which drivetrain have more load and stress.
For the record my friend subaru converted his 4wd to FR(because wanted to drift) in result broken drive shaft(what is the reason u go research please). hint related to my statement above
shark79;3815114:stupid: did you study your math in primary school???????????
Assume:-without calculate the drivetrain loss let say 100% direct engine hp to drivetrain
For more information about FF, FR and 4WD check this Automobile layout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the record your statement "where else the gtr comes with launch control,anti lag and sticky tires for excellent traction of the line right from the factory, when you repeatedly launch it hard you will break something because the amount of load to the drivetrain is enormous" BMW M3 and M6 even M5 also meet this requirement except their are FR no antilag system but never heard they break their gearbox.

2) Financial status of Nissan analysis by Standard&Poor's.
Standard&Poor's- business description Standard & Poor's operates as a financial services company. Its products and services include credit ratings, equity research, S&P indices, funds ratings, risk solutions, governance services, evaluations, and data services

TOKYO (Standard&Poor's) Feb. 10, 2009--Standard&Poor's Ratings Services today placed on CreditWatch with negative implications its 'BBB+' long-term corporate credit and senior unsecured debt ratings on Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and related entities, including Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. Standard&Poor's also placed its 'A-2' short-term ratings on these companies and various related debt issues on CreditWatch with negative implications (see list below). The CreditWatch placements reflect our opinion that Nissan's financial profile may deteriorate beyond initial expectations amid the ongoing turbulence in global auto markets. On Feb. 9, Nissan announced another downward revision to its earnings forecast for fiscal 2008 (ending March 31, 2009); it now projects an operating loss of ¥180 billion.

YOU WANT FACT I GIVE YOU THE FACT(I dared to say because i have the proof and evidence if your really do not know go find their annual report they have stated in there(but requirement accountancy skills please))!!

3)Borg warner built it hey!!! see the gear so skinny. (Getrag supra six speed better than this a lot............ )

80427007.jpg

80427006.jpg

Plus future borg warner planning Joint Venture with 12 Chinese OEMs to Produce Dual Clutch Transmission Modules
Green Car Congress: BorgWarner In Joint Venture with 12 Chinese OEMs to Produce Dual Clutch Transmission Modules

Why MIC because cut cost earn money(this is every businessman theory)

Think b4 you say any thing KID:rofl:

And please be polite, when u say anything don't be barbarian(lower o). That why i answer u back in a rude and cruel way. TQ very much for your impolite and moron answer.

Last edited:
Hardcore gtr and nissan fans i bet your crack you gearbox with 110hp engine with reckless driving such as did not fully press down the clutch and just put in in the gear (because i have driving for 10 years i never break my gearbox even mydad and my brother):adore::adore:.

1) First of all the Golf GTi and the Wira's are front wheel drive ,so how hard can you launch both cars without loosing traction? This does not create much load/stress on the drivetrain. what!!!!:stupid:
For example both engine have 400HP FF(so call front wheel drive) have only two wheel is using the engine power mean one wheel is about 200hp and 4wd have 4 wheel drive mean 400Hp is divided to each wheel 100Hp add up 400HP. So which drivetrain have more load and stress.
For the record my friend subaru converted his 4wd to FR(because wanted to drift) in result broken drive shaft(what is the reason u go research please). hint related to my statement above
shark79;3815114:stupid: did you study your math in primary school???????????
Assume:-without calculate the drivetrain loss let say 100% direct engine hp to drivetrain
For more information about FF, FR and 4WD check this Automobile layout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the record your statement "where else the gtr comes with launch control,anti lag and sticky tires for excellent traction of the line right from the factory, when you repeatedly launch it hard you will break something because the amount of load to the drivetrain is enormous" BMW M3 and M6 even M5 also meet this requirement except their are FR no antilag system but never heard they break their gearbox.

2) Financial status of Nissan analysis by Standard&Poor's.
Standard&Poor's- business description Standard & Poor's operates as a financial services company. Its products and services include credit ratings, equity research, S&P indices, funds ratings, risk solutions, governance services, evaluations, and data services

TOKYO (Standard&Poor's) Feb. 10, 2009--Standard&Poor's Ratings Services today placed on CreditWatch with negative implications its 'BBB+' long-term corporate credit and senior unsecured debt ratings on Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and related entities, including Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. Standard&Poor's also placed its 'A-2' short-term ratings on these companies and various related debt issues on CreditWatch with negative implications (see list below). The CreditWatch placements reflect our opinion that Nissan's financial profile may deteriorate beyond initial expectations amid the ongoing turbulence in global auto markets. On Feb. 9, Nissan announced another downward revision to its earnings forecast for fiscal 2008 (ending March 31, 2009); it now projects an operating loss of ¥180 billion.

YOU WANT FACT I GIVE YOU THE FACT(I dared to say because i have the proof and evidence if your really do not know go find their annual report they have stated in there(but requirement accountancy skills please))!!

3)Borg warner built it hey!!! see the gear so skinny. (Getrag supra six speed better than this a lot............ )

80427007.jpg

80427006.jpg

Plus future borg warner planning Joint Venture with 12 Chinese OEMs to Produce Dual Clutch Transmission Modules
Green Car Congress: BorgWarner In Joint Venture with 12 Chinese OEMs to Produce Dual Clutch Transmission Modules

Why MIC because cut cost earn money(this is every businessman theory)

Think b4 you say any thing KID:rofl:

And please be polite, when u say anything don't be barbarian(lower o). That why i answer u back in a rude and cruel way. TQ very much for your impolite and moron answer.

First of all i dont know what are you trying to say in your opening statement?

For the FF QUESTION: Its a known fact that any front wheel car built for the street with too much HP/TORQUE will never lay down proper traction compared to a 4wd, u will break traction so rapidly on a FF car that the moment u launch your car hard all you get is just wheelspins that is why most FF car snap their driveshafts first rather then their GBOX so part of the stress goes to the driveshaft first .Come on dude how much traction can you you get on a FF car? that is why most drag car with 4wd and Rwd clock way better timing then FF cars not to mention F1,Lemans,JGT.The reason for this is better traction but this comes with a price such as busted drivetrain.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

For your BMW comparison try using the launch control many times and ask any M3 owner they will tell u that you have void your warranty.....WHY? BCOZ no cars is designed to take tons of hard launches without the needs of repair

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

For your BMW comparison try using the launch control many times and ask any M3 owner they will tell u that you have void your warranty.....WHY? BCOZ no cars is designed to take tons of hard launches without the needs of repair

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

On your statement regarding 100 bhp on each wheel(400bhp) is really hard to understand where did u get the calculation from...but any ways, 100 bhp on each wheel remember the stress still goes to the tranny....BCOZ THERE IS ONLY ONE TRANNY ON EACH CAR(GTR)...Yeah just keep you happy maybe you are right about me not going to school....but ask anyone in here the info in wikipedia is not always right..........

( but requirement accountancy skills please) how did you manage to do accountancy with those powderfulll grammar! beats me !

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Yeah just to keep you happy ..maybe i didnt go to school..but wikipedia do not always have accurate info, ask anyone in here

(but requirement accountancy skills please) how did you manage to study accountancy with such powderful grammar?

Dude all i said was dont talk crap,i dont remember calling u a kid or a being barbaric...or about making moronic statements....well when was the u took a good look in the mirror

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Yeah just to keep you happy ..maybe i didnt go to school..but wikipedia do not always have accurate info, ask anyone in here

(but requirement accountancy skills please) how did you manage to study accountancy with such powderful grammar?

Dude all i said was dont talk crap,i dont remember calling u a kid or a being barbaric...about making moronic statements....well when was the last u took a good look in the mirror :smokin:

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Dude all i said was dont talk crap,i dont remember calling u a kid or being barbaric... about making moronic statements....well when was the last u took a good look in the mirror:smokin:

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Dude all i said was dont talk crap,i dont remember calling u a kid or being barbaric... about making moronic statements....well when was the last time u took a good look in the mirror:smokin:

wow.... is it me, or is this really turning into some fiery forum.... cool bros....cool....

:fisheye::bandit:
Open statement is to show your there is one way to busted gearbox when your engine is not high BHP(400hp 500hp etc) What is the reason that lead to busted gearbox then, if the engine just 110HP(so call not high bhp). Can you point out few??:confused:

Your statement :"The reason for this is better traction but this comes with a price such as busted drivetrain."(hey Buddy drive shaft is part of drivetrain )

what is definition of drivetrain:-

drivetrain_02.jpg

include all, driveshaft front differential rear differential drives haft transfer case etc.

Yes ff are less traction for sure compare to FR and MR And 4WD(The law of physics momentum). FR and MR have better momentum then FF that why they have more traction. And 4WD have 4 wheel spinning made the car more traction. (simple reaction no need any degree on this, try to use you leg and hand stand on the ground and try to apply the method how the FF and FR and 4WD react) such as FF use your hand if FR use your leg if 4wd use yours arm and leg. This still have traction issues there act same like car.

HAhA you are joker man i like u :love:, good luck on your life (cause the way of your attitude treating people is a loser way.) because you can say the statement should be no right because ........not just saying don't talk crap and .......... that why i shoot you in cruel way. A simple word mean a thousand word. But if you really say should be no right because ........ in the beginning. I think we will have nice and enjoyable debating about car's (but why because your attitude, nice person never say thing like this). Why the forum is there in the first place is to let everybody share their info and correct some people which have did not really understand(just like school, if your really did not accept the theory from a teacher will you say to her do not talk crap).

buy your gtr with this kind problem i do not how your face will be look like?? i think u always will be :banghead:. or u will thinking when GTR launch they should put in Straight cut gear inside to prevent gearbox break. What drive for 3 month the gearbox break, not even mention rotor. What you will be feel if your are the owner of the GTR(really!!).

Last edited:
wah....that is deep man

Is not that deep really think about it.You try you will know.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

aijo.. 650hp only meh... no la.. more than that also can tahan...

Always launching la in drag strip. but even 900hp they only break 2 of the gearbox per year only. so far the best oem gearbox i think goes to Getrag supra 6 speed(b4 i wanted to buy Kenny powerqube car one b4 he modified the car when his supra still black colour, but in the end up buying gc8 which have design failure on their gearbox). Now everytime launching so afraid the gearbox 1st gear will break(the first gear is so tinny and skinny man).

Found on this on video YouTube - R35 GTR vs R34 GTR both tuned by MCR @ Ebisu East Course
The DK(Drift king) also have gear box problem with the GTR35(tuned by MCR)

Last edited:
limfk7, i have no idea what you are yapping about can put in simple engrish coz very hard for me to understand(dont tell me if i dun understand i no need to know/ask)

are u debating if launch hard, gearbox rosak agaisnt launch driveshaft rosak?

u see the problem is, any car with launch control there's always a 50/50 chance u might break something but ths does not reflect that the car has mechanical flaw...it is just that launch control creates a lot of stress on the drivetrain let it be the driveshaft or the gbox(have to stress it out so that sme ppl in here are happy) Tranny such as dog box/helical,sequential,air shifters,powerglide 2/3speed,TH300 and TH400 transmission when used under harsh conditions repeatedly over a period of time will also need some repairing or replacing no matter how strong they are . You just cant go against the law of physics.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Yes the Getrag gearboxs are strong ,good for 600-800 bhp for road use..but that is only hp figures...doesnt mean u can abuse the gbox and it will still smile at you...(depending on driving attributes)

u see the problem is, any car with launch control there's always a 50/50 chance u might break something but ths does not reflect that the car has mechanical flaw...it is just that launch control creates a lot of stress on the drivetrain let it be the driveshaft or the gbox(have to stress it out so that sme ppl in here are happy) Tranny such as dog box/helical,sequential,air shifters,powerglide 2/3speed,TH300 and TH400 transmission when used under harsh conditions repeatedly over a period of time will also need some repairing or replacing no matter how strong they are . You just cant go against the law of physics.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Yes the Getrag gearboxs are strong ,good for 600-800 bhp for road use..but that is only hp figures...doesnt mean u can abuse the gbox and it will still smile at you...(depending on driving attributes)

AGREE :) at least we have understanding.

For Getrag gearbox we must ask blackhowling, because he already own for long already sure he has known how strong the gearbox(i bet he also a hardcore drag guy won't u)

But for Some gtr 3 month gearbox break, won't it designed to be to fragile(for that kind of price)?

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

limfk7, i have no idea what you are yapping about can put in simple engrish coz very hard for me to understand(dont tell me if i dun understand i no need to know/ask)

are u debating if launch hard, gearbox rosak agaisnt launch driveshaft rosak?

Rwd and 4wd are faster, again law of physic(very hard to explain sorry can't help on this maybe others can help u) (They have more traction but have more mechanical part(like LSD longshaft rear differential front and real driveshaft) so the probability of mechanical problem will be arise more than ff the car with layout of Rwd and 4wd ). More part more thing to replaced. They have more drivetrain lost compare FF(because more thing to transfer(like LSD longshaft rear differential front and real driveshaft) no like ff just straight from engine to gearbox then driveshaft then wheel )

The FF is more on driveshaft problem because ff are not designed to handle high hp engine because the power transfer from gearbox straight to the drive shaft(FF has litter drivetrain lost compare to RWD and 4WD which made the car lost traction). So in manufacturer production line FF car are not more than 250HP (above 300hp the car very hard to control).

No i am not debating that because shark b4 is telling drivetrain is not include driveshaft. 5050
Either gearbox or driveshaft will be crack or eating teeth.

I am debating why the gtr gearbox and the rotor so fragile? and the reason and why other car gear box(even very cheap car la) are more durable than the gtr.

if u still no idea what i talking about Really sorry i cannot help and make u understand. maybe u can Just research on internet. Or ask mechanic. Or ask other guys in this forum

Last edited:
guys,

things are getting real technical down here hey? ;)

Limfk,
Perhaps the import duty should be blamed more for the injustification of GTR price in Malaysia, leaving the fragile Transmission design alone..in Japan, a used GTR is only costing around 4.5million YEN ;)

Top Bottom