GTR 35, best GTR but....

guys,

things are getting real technical down here hey? ;)

Limfk,
Perhaps the import duty should be blamed more for the injustification of GTR price in Malaysia, leaving the fragile Transmission design alone..in Japan, a used GTR is only costing around 4.5million YEN ;)

True i can't agree more :smile:. even new is cost about RM318k about 8.61Million yen(lowest spec) compare to beside NSX 9.9Millon yen 9 years back in japan. No doubt it have high build quality, design, high maneuverability, high speed stable and high speed corner ability not even mention the electronic gagdet(leaving the fragile Transmission design alone)(but source from the spy car that they have some of gtr have 6-speed when they test in Nürburgring). Hopefully the 6 speed can be come out next year then the gtr is perfect already.

Perhaps the import duty should be blamed more for the injustification of GTR price in Malaysia, leaving the fragile Transmission design alone..in Japan, a used GTR is only costing around 4.5million YEN ;)

Tony, you hit the nail on the head bro.

Considering grey import in Msia is RM600k with NO DEALER BACK-UP/WARRANTY, this is a crazy price.

Back on topic, Continental performance cars also has design flaws eg. Porsche with their rear main seal problems, don't even get me started about Italian electrics setting cars on fire!

GT-R had huge hype, so people will also hype about any negatives.

I'm wondering with Launch control system. you step in the gas pedal and the the rev will kept at the preset launch rev. When the car launch is the clutch release gradually or suddenly. I'm not sure how R35 launch control work since it's not a conventional manual.

For conventional manual, we will engage 1st gear then keep the clutch press and keep the rev at the optimum and when we launch we will gradually release the clutch while giving more gas. correct? is the working same as those with launch control system on R35 or other super cars with launch control function?

I'm wondering with Launch control system. you step in the gas pedal and the the rev will kept at the preset launch rev. When the car launch is the clutch release gradually or suddenly. I'm not sure how R35 launch control work since it's not a conventional manual.

For conventional manual, we will engage 1st gear then keep the clutch press and keep the rev at the optimum and when we launch we will gradually release the clutch while giving more gas. correct? is the working same as those with launch control system on R35 or other super cars with launch control function?

oH I;ll teach you how to launch a GTR :rofl:

first put your car in neutral mode on the tarmac(there is a big gear indicator on the dash)

then you do this in sequence:

1)put transmission in "R" mode
2)put damping in "R" mode
3)put VDC to "off" mode

now step on your brakes as hard as you can, then the throttle. Now ytou are pressing the throttle and gas together the rev will go up and hold around 4.5k. Once you lift off your brakes the car launches into 1st gear.be warned. It lauches hard.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....if you're testing yor car or a friend's car, dont tell ppl i taught you this!!!

cosmic, how not to tell you teach me this...you posted it openly lah...Hahahaha...:rofl:

If I break an R35 trans sure they will think of you...'Oh, you broke the trans!! must be cosmic that taught you.'

Actually, I don't know how strong or rough the launch on the R35 but I feel that conventional manual launch is softer, do you think so?

Top Bottom