F1 2007 driver lineup: Your prediction

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
2nd half of 2006 season started, a lot of rumous and news spreading in the pitlane. Kimi and Schumi's future direction is one of those most ppl interest with. What's your prediction for F1 2007 driver lineup?

From zan
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=1478512&postcount=20
zan said:
Renault
1. Giancarlo Fisichella
2. any guess?

McLaren
1. Fernando Alonso
2. any fuess....Nico Rosberg maybe?

Ferrari
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Kimi Raikonen??
ARTC5859
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=1478537&postcount=21
ARTC5859 said:
Renault
1. Giancarlo Fisichella
2. Heikki Kovalainen

McLaren
1. Kimi Raikonen
2. Fernando Alonso

Ferrari
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Philippe Massa

My prediction
Ferrari
1. Kimi [SIZE=-1]Raikkonen[/SIZE]
2. Felipe Massa

Renault
1. Giancarlo Fisichella (contract signed)
2. ?

McLaren
1. Fernando Alonso (contract signed)
2. ?

Last edited:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i believe every driver and team principal will wait for kimi raikonen's next move. if he stays with McLaren, then there will be no big reshuffle. otherwise there will be one big movement of drivers between teams. what else, with team Prodrive F1 coming up soon. they surely had started to look for drivers.

with ferrari strong performance recently and many races to go, its likely michael schumacher will stay with ferrari. even though he is old school, but his just as fast as alonso who is about 10 years younger.

but i would like to see how micheal will perform if he drives for renault again (which is team benetton with new name as everybody knows). just like how alonso will perform with mclaren and kimi with ferrari.

we all noted how kimi raikonen and felipe massa were just ordinary F1 drivers but they prooved critics were wrong once given a good car. blame it on saubers then.

will alonso get frustrated with mclaren's poor reliability? will fisichella get the upper hand for staying with renault? can he even clinch the world title??

ha ha ha.. myself pening already.

|| jim ||

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
Ferrari : M. Schumacher and Kimi

McLaren : F. Alonso and Lewis Hamilton

Renault : G. Fisi and J. Villeneuve (jus guessing)

i dun think schumi will retire.. im pretty sure kimi will go to ferrari anyways for the money.. Mclaren want lewis hamilton, even tho they dun want to put him up against alonso in his first yr, they dun have a choice if they want him in f1...

and i guessed villeneuve cos his contract ends with bmw this yr.. bmw havent sed they want to keep him.. he's performed very well this season and it was renault that brought him back into f1 to replace fisi a couple of yrs ago, so maybe they will want him again...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
It isn't just the money, Ferrari is just the best option for Kimi which includes a better chance to capture his first crown next season.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
I doubt Kimi is in only for the money. If you follow his career path his motivation is more racing in a competitive package than money.

And in Ferrari (or Renault depends on who) these 2 are currently better package than the Macca. After Adrian Newey's departure last year, next year's car will be the first post-newey Macca car in a decade .. which usually cannot be good (look at Williams post 97)

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Doubtful Raikkonen would go to Ferrari if Schumacher is still there. Renault perhaps?

ADX3

Apr 11, 2006
It will be good if Kimi leave Mclaren because of the team cars realibility

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
MK84 said:
Doubtful Raikkonen would go to Ferrari if Schumacher is still there. Renault perhaps?
Why not? You have to be looking at your immediate future and also long term. Schumacher is on his last legs, he'll be gone soon enough. Next season, Ferrari looks to be the team with the strongest outlook right now, especially with the impending change to one tyre manufacturer (Bridgestone). If Kimi goes there, I can't see why he wouldn't be as favoured if not more than Schumacher (if he is still there). Why so? Because Kimi is current and future for Ferrari. Schumacher is their past. Simple as that. Given these points, he'll have a good shot to win with the backing of the massive Ferrari team, next season and seasons after that.

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
This is my edited and expanded post from last night in the other thread

Renault
1. Giancarlo Fisichella
2. Heikki Kovalainen
2007 is Fisico's chance to step out of Alonso's shadow. Flavio has kept his faith by extending his contract. Test driver Heikki Kavalainen is currently hot property on the grid- Flav knows this and will want to keep him at Renault. If and when Renault offers him a drive in the best car on the grid - I'd think he'd take it job rather than go elsewhere and struggle.

McLaren
1. Kimi Raikonen
2. Fernando Alonso
I'd like to see Lewis Hamilton come up - but Ron has got 2 young hot shot and quick drivers and he intends to keep them. It won't be the first time he had two hot shot drivers ala a certain Brazillian and a Frenchman when they won EVERY race and both the drivers and constructors championship in the same season. Kimi won't go to Ferrari unless Michaels leaves and Ferrari doesn't suit his style anyway.

Ferrari
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Philippe Massa
Ferrari is built around Michael- no reason for him to leave and have to start somewhere else. (unless its back with Flavio to whom he very is familar with) Massa is a good servant to the team and toes the line - apart from trashing the odd red machine. They will keep Massa because he won't rock the boat and he's young enough to wait for his turn. Eddie and Reubens couldnt wait wanted to shine too which didnt fit in well at Ferrari - so they had to go.
In the light of JPM going to NASCAR (anything can happen)- I'd like to add that DC might try his luck at Ferrari if they run out of patience with Masa

Williams
1. Mark Webber
2. Nico Rosberg
Frank would want to keep Nico until he wins his Drivers Championship- then he'll fire Nico like he did to his last 2 world champion drivers. Dad Keke is a Williams man so he'll prefer to see his son stay at Williams (until he gets fired for being World Champoin)
Webber will run out of patience and will try to get a leg into other teams like Ferrari and Sauber. Don't ja just wish Uncle Jack (Brabham) was will running a team?

Sauber BMW
1. Jacques Villeneuve
2. Not Nick Heifeld
Poor Nick - once overlooked by McLaren and now...BMW is going to dump him at the end of the season. He'll give Uncle Jean and Mika a run for their money in the DTM if...BMW ever gets back into it. The renewed attitude and rebranded Villeneve is surprisingly doing well at BMW and will keep him to anchor the team. Just wait till they ask him to test... we'll see if he's really turn over his prima donna attitude.

HONDA
1. Jensen Button
2. Reubens Barrichello
JB and Reubs are stuck at Honda and its not-so-reliable engine. Untill they fire that useless Nick Fry and throw away the current engine - Honda isnt going anywhere - neither are the two drivers because they have no where to go and neither does anyone want to come to HONDA. If they do fire Geoff Willis they're f**ked

Super Aguri
1. Takuma Sato?
2. Not Franck Montagy Not Yuji Ide either
Who will Aguri-san keep? Taku hasn't been doing anything special and Franck is a passenger who unfortunately is not Japanese. Blame it on the machines but Augri can hadrly say that his cars are crap. With the new chasis- hopefully the cars be more reliable. If you ask me (and Jensen)- its Honda's crap engine that's the monkey.

RED BULL Racing
1. David Couthard
3. Vintionio-italian-fellow
The one thing that Scott Speed and JPM have in common is that they are both ex CART/INDYCAR drivers. Add that to Alex Zanardi's 'success' in F1... Bernie should discourage letting these guys in to F1. They're a bloody waste of time.

Toro Rosso
1. Scott Speed - ok son you've been relegated to the second team- take it or leave it.
2. Dario Franchitti - hey if JPM can go to NASCAR why not Dario come into F1?

Midland
Who cares- really... Just get a new paint job for crying out loud and watch out for them blue flags

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
ARTC5859 said:
Kimi won't go to Ferrari unless Michaels leaves and Ferrari doesn't suit his style anyway.
Mind explaining why? My justification is above your post.

ARTC5859 said:
Ferrari is built around Michael- no reason for him to leave and have to start somewhere else. (unless its back with Flavio to whom he very is familar with)
2 seasons ago, this point would be valid. And the only place Schumacher is going to after Ferrari is retirement.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
si|verfish said:
Why not? ...
At this moment, the Ferrari F1 team revolve around MSC. Any drivers who goes there is definitely 2nd. I don't see that policy changing anytime soon. Unless MSC already made plans for 2007/2008.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
MK84 said:
At this moment, the Ferrari F1 team revolve around MSC. Any drivers who goes there is definitely 2nd. I don't see that policy changing anytime soon. Unless MSC already made plans for 2007/2008.
Is and was. I don't see it continuing if Ferrari bring in their next hot shot. Like I said, Schumacher is on his last legs. The policy WILL change if Kimi goes there because he will be their future, their new torch bearer. How many more years at the top can Schumacher give them? Looking ahead, you invest for the future. It is plain business sense.

I'll give you a footballing example; would you rather build your team around Zidane? Or Ronaldinho?

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Kimi wouldnt want to go to Ferrari- not until Michael retires. Why would you want to leave a team where you're no1 at the moment and go and be another Reubens/Eddie/Massa?

Ferrari is not a team that suits Kimi's style anyway. Think about it- he's a quiet cool clinical scandinavian type- Michael is the out spoken and passionate leader type which the italians like. Its not a good fit personality-wise.

Ferrari tried a French and English driver and that didnt work out so well- with a Germanic guy like Austiran Gehard Berger they did ok as well as Michael.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
I believe Schumi will retied at the end of season 2006, no matter he get his 8th WRC title or not.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
ARTC5859 said:
Kimi wouldnt want to go to Ferrari- not until Michael retires. Why would you want to leave a team where you're no1 at the moment and go and be another Reubens/Eddie/Massa?

Ferrari is not a team that suits Kimi's style anyway. Think about it- he's a quiet cool clinical scandinavian type- Michael is the out spoken and passionate leader type which the italians like. Its not a good fit personality-wise.

Ferrari tried a French and English driver and that didnt work out so well- with a Germanic guy like Austiran Gehard Berger they did ok as well as Michael.
LOL...don't you get what I've said?

To use an analogy, Schumacher is a sinking ship. Regardless of how good a ship he was or still is. He's going down. He's past it. He doesn't have much time on the clock. They need to get on a new ship. One that's spanking new and battle ready.

In other words, he needs replacing. If Kimi told Ferrari, "I'll join you if you sack Schumacher.", they'll do it in a heartbeat if they didn't have to honour Schumacher's contract etc and all the being nice bs.

Top F1 teams are a dime a dozen. They are basically the same. Filled with driven, passionate, ultra professional individuals. I don't see a problem with Kimi joining them. The English isn't exactly his type either, are they? He isn't going looking for drinking buddies. And F1 teams are multinational anyway (the top guys at Ferrari are either French or British). If Kimi is good enough, he'll be fine.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am just wondering since it comes from same manufacturing plant, by right should be the same right?

I am just curious. Cause heard that MY Satria Neo is superior compared to other countries, got more power, better quality. So I was like a little sad..... I paid so much for my Neo (bought a 2nd hand Neo for SGD 37K, thats around RM94K) and its not as good compared to MY one... :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience