DIY - Voltage Stabilizer (Electronic Schematics)

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Those will just act as battery conditioners. Useless in terms of performance.

You want something interesting let me chase my friend to hurry up with the new VS. My one and only was sold to Yewly and is in his Almera.

Simply throwing in caps will just act as one big capacitor and probably just extend battery life at most. If you start playing with frequency and adjusting the caps to suit those frequencies, that's when things start to get interesting.

I really wanna do a review on this.
If he lazy, ask him to give us the schematics. :biggrin:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Yeah.. Izso, please do an in depth review on these if possible.

I looked deeply into ECU Mappings, especially those in the Lancer and the Evos (Inspira included), I found out that there are AFR, Ignition and even Spark frequency that are impacted by both the Alternator Voltage and Battery voltage...

Which theoretically means, the more stable your car's internal electrical are, the better performance you will get from the engine... This is true to Electronically Timed engines and newer ECUs... not sure about it generally.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
This VS does smoothen the voltage but before it reach the load most probably already got interfered by high frequency spark plug.:biggrin:

Correct me if i'm wrong.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
This VS does smoothen the voltage but before it reach the load most probably already got interfered by high frequency spark plug.:biggrin:

Correct me if i'm wrong.
For 4B1x ECUs (Lancer, Inspira, EvoX), the the look of the Mapping itself, The commanded fuel injector frequency and spark plug logics are based on Alternator voltage. Should not be interfered by any noise or emp of any sort I think.

So the more stable the circuit is, the better the injectors and plug works from this standpoint.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
For 4B1x ECUs (Lancer, Inspira, EvoX), the the look of the Mapping itself, The commanded fuel injector frequency and spark plug logics are based on Alternator voltage. Should not be interfered by any noise or emp of any sort I think.

So the more stable the circuit is, the better the injectors and plug works from this standpoint.
ya, because u look from the ecu.
The engineer already design for Electronics compability for every device inside the car.

I'm refering from the battery u put the capacitor.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah.. Izso, please do an in depth review on these if possible.

I looked deeply into ECU Mappings, especially those in the Lancer and the Evos (Inspira included), I found out that there are AFR, Ignition and even Spark frequency that are impacted by both the Alternator Voltage and Battery voltage...

Which theoretically means, the more stable your car's internal electrical are, the better performance you will get from the engine... This is true to Electronically Timed engines and newer ECUs... not sure about it generally.
Have you seen the alternator cable that I reviewed?

Tips for oId cars and electrical power.

I get a pretty constant 13.6v. I suspect this'll benefit your cars more than the VS

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
Have you seen the alternator cable that I reviewed?

Tips for oId cars and electrical power.

I get a pretty constant 13.6v. I suspect this'll benefit your cars more than the VS
It's easier to eliminate car electrical noise and voltage drop by installing Big 3 Grounding. The whole car electrical system will benefit.

Installing a VS was only to suppress the electrical noise. But voltage drop still exist and causing dim headlights,weak ignition coil voltage etc.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm driving a 4G18. just wondering if can use 4G93 1.8 SOHC header on my ride as the intakes might

be bigger. Can anyone please advise me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience