DIY stepdown voltage

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Guys,
Anyone knows how to built one? For car use, 12V to 5V.
Where can i buy those DIY kit? Dun wanna buy those expensive ones with multiple head and volts. Thanks

riq

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
Bro...
where is ur location? if u know where is Jln Pasar at KL...u can ask for 7805 Voltage Regulator at any shop which sell electronic part there...will cost u around Rm1.50..it will reduce 12V to 5V...and depend on ur load after that regulator...u may as well need a small aluminium heatsink...it will cost u around Rm0.50

good luck!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I found a solution... look for old 12V to 5V handphone charger at the pasar malam... just use the circuit.

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Thanks riq,
Was there last week, shall visit Jln Pasar again...

acbc,
good idea....thanks

wyx

Oct 24, 2005
if u opt for regulator, get the LT1083 which has higher current output drive capability of 7.5A. Anyway, it depends on your 5V application...

riq

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
EGfan said:
Thanks riq,
Was there last week, shall visit Jln Pasar again...

acbc,
good idea....thanks
No problem bro…anyway I forget to mention that u need a little knowledge about doing a soldering process as well as of course u need a soldering equipment too…u can download 7805 datasheet from http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/ after that u may need 2 pieces of capacitor (different value), a fuse and of course a small PCB…solder everything together…put in a small plastic case…and hide it at ur dashboard…then u got 5V supply in ur car…

Seem a bit hassle actually…

or u can try acbc suggestion… very easy one…just buy the cigarette plug type handphone charger (but I’m not sure its output voltage)…and there is another device sell in the market…how to call ehh…it also look like car handphone charger…but it has USB type output plug… u got 5V from that USB port …they use to charge the handheld device (PDA, etc) using that USB port…it just got 5V output…no any data transfer actually…try to look at Low Yat or Imbi plaza…u sure will find one…

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience