DIY - Voltage Stabilizer (Electronic Schematics)

johnsonlam

DIY King

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Voltage Stabilizer, Voltage Regulator, Power xxxx, whatever... These are some big marketing words out there to promote these products. Many many brands out there all doing the same thing... Stabilize voltage, remove "noise" in the electrical signal.... Some swore by it, giving power, better audio... brighter lights...

So.. I have this unit of Deizin Volt Stabilizer. Which was installed in my Civic and transfered to my Lancer and now in the EvoX. As I was taking this unit out of my Civic. (Yes, these pictures were taken 5 years ago) I found out that the circuit looked simple.. so I decided to 'clone' one of this...

Picture showing the Unit itself... It was around 1 year old and still functioning well. (I tested using Multimeter). It looked clean because I just cleaned it using SOFT99 car polish.. hehehe

After disacting it... hmm.. looks too simple...
1 LED
1 resistor
1 capacitor
2 fuse
4 Huge Capacitors

Looking at the Circuit. So simple.. So I got a piece of paper and started to trace it..

OH yeah.. DONE... This is the draft...

And here is the Schematics of the circuit...

Theorically, it should work the same since the circuit is the same.. The +ve volt will go to the circuit, protected by the Fuse (incase it shorted, it will disable current from going thru) and charge up the Capacitors. Once charged, I tested using Multimeter, it shows 12.5 Volts... and when I remove this from the battery, the charge will slowly reduce down to 0volt.. takes around 4 - 5minutes with the load of the multimeter.

Well... If you decided to DIY your own, just refer to the circuit diagram above...
But these days, a lot of CHINA Cloned units, which are dirt cheap and works the same... Just get it off shelf and DIY install la... easy :D

Happy DIY!

Last edited:

johnsonlam

DIY King

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Quicksilver7,
Theoretically it should be helping. Physically and in real life, not sure what's the difference.

But what I can be sure off is, it does smoothen the "noise" in electrical systems because I installed a Shift light that uses signal directly from Cigg Lighter port... With these VS installed, the Shift Light can't work... as the "Signal" is filtered away..

So it does filter away the noise... but in terms of other electrical advantage, not sure.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
it helps prolonged battery life....as i did a few unit DIY and installed in my bike(s) and daily driven car......

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think with all the materials bought by ourselves, it shouldn't cost more than RM50 man. :biggrin:
Yup, my factory technical staff last time did in for RM25 DIY. Only not so nice, but it will be in the engine compartment anyway...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

I use diff value, the most obvious is audio on all cars I own. Mayb im into audio so I pay more attention to that
My audio system do sound better too, especially the bass...:driver:

antzan

Known Member

antzan

Known Member
Sep 14, 2006
wow so cheap..but make sure the capacitor is good quality..:biggrin:.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Voltage Stabilizer, Voltage Regulator, Power xxxx, whatever... These are some big marketing words out there to promote these products. Many many brands out there all doing the same thing... Stabilize voltage, remove "noise" in the electrical signal.... Some swore by it, giving power, better audio... brighter lights...

So.. I have this unit of Deizin Volt Stabilizer. Which was installed in my Civic and transfered to my Lancer and now in the EvoX. As I was taking this unit out of my Civic. (Yes, these pictures were taken 5 years ago) I found out that the circuit looked simple.. so I decided to 'clone' one of this...

Picture showing the Unit itself... It was around 1 year old and still functioning well. (I tested using Multimeter). It looked clean because I just cleaned it using SOFT99 car polish.. hehehe

After disacting it... hmm.. looks too simple...
1 LED
1 resistor
1 capacitor
2 fuse
4 Huge Capacitors

Looking at the Circuit. So simple.. So I got a piece of paper and started to trace it..

OH yeah.. DONE... This is the draft...

And here is the Schematics of the circuit...

Theorically, it should work the same since the circuit is the same.. The +ve volt will go to the circuit, protected by the Fuse (incase it shorted, it will disable current from going thru) and charge up the Capacitors. Once charged, I tested using Multimeter, it shows 12.5 Volts... and when I remove this from the battery, the charge will slowly reduce down to 0volt.. takes around 4 - 5minutes with the load of the multimeter.

Well... If you decided to DIY your own, just refer to the circuit diagram above...
But these days, a lot of CHINA Cloned units, which are dirt cheap and works the same... Just get it off shelf and DIY install la... easy :D

Happy DIY!

altough already knew this for a long time...just wanted to say...

i DIY-ed my own with double the total amount of capacitor storage with less than rm50 cost :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
But with more is better? or just enough is better?
many sold was just mere 4pcs of capacitor with all 4same size....

but my DIY-ed version including a range of atleast 5 capacitor size range..and which in results total capacitor value +-double than the common 4pcs ready made voltage stabilizer....

as i understand that different electrical item use different starting load/consumption hence in my theory diff capacitor size would react differently.. (in hoping one of the range size fit nicely for the load needed)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just want to know some review regarding the below item,has anyone used it before?

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1289791
or
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1849324

why i ask,because it has a lot of user using it,but i dont know they are car enthusiast or not.hehe
Those will just act as battery conditioners. Useless in terms of performance.

You want something interesting let me chase my friend to hurry up with the new VS. My one and only was sold to Yewly and is in his Almera.

Simply throwing in caps will just act as one big capacitor and probably just extend battery life at most. If you start playing with frequency and adjusting the caps to suit those frequencies, that's when things start to get interesting.

I really wanna do a review on this.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience