[DIY] Superlon + Bitumen

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

ben76

Mar 18, 2005
My comment is based on my experience. I used to stick bitumen strips on my door panels. After a few months, when I open it, it is so messy that I have to clean it up with lots of thinner and when the temperature is cold (that means at night!)...

After taking those strips off (they are not strips anymore... they are like semi-hardened black tar), I now use this material called Wurth... expensive but have better sound dampening effect and less messy.

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
i have told that bitumen will melt but some dun believe.. now another victim loh....the best is still the Dynamat but price of course more expensive.

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
sorry to just barge in ya.... so means can use the SikaDamp630 like the bitumen strips.?

does it work like.. stick Sikadamp630 on door, then just put the superlon on the Sikadamp630..?

MUSt we use SikaDamp630 arh? if just put superlon underneath can? thank u.

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
thank u ninja iga... but is it possible 2 use Superlon only?

n how heavy is the superlon and SikaDamp630?

ben76

Mar 18, 2005
Yup, I put layers of Wurth (Sound dampening material) + Superlon together...
My Iswara now sounds more solid... Of course can't compare to continental cars, but at least sounded more solid like WAJA.

Should have known Ninja earlier, cos I bought those Superlon at a slightly higher price from a hardware shop.

Only one more problem now... tire noise.... already about 70% worn... maybe need to change the suspension system bushes as well..

A Post Every 5 Mins

2018 911 GT3 in PECLA with Mohd Elyas, Porsche Licence To Thrill Champion

Remember Porsche's much coveted Licence to Thrill Driving Event held at Sepang Circuit last Sept? Yes, it's the one with the Chicken Egg Braking Challenge and the Reverse Gymkana. Well, before they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience