Diy : Superlon Installation

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
This is SuperLon.
Southern Malaysia, you can get your SuperLon from Stanley.
Northern, I have 1/4 roll left, can get from Me.

Step 1 : Measure the amount of SuperLon you need. DO NOT cut it yet. Just measure and leave it below your boot/bonet. (To catch those Contact Glue if it drips)

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
This is CA. By Dunlop. People call it contact GLUE, Bicycle Glue, Shoe Gum... and so on..

Warning, this is the Glue, drug addicts sniff to get high...

You need a fair amount of it.. 1 car 1 litre.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Grab a brush, and start 'painting' the surface you want to stick the superlon.

For a neat and systematic job. Start off with the 'bones' of the boot or bonet. Make sure it is all 'painted' with the glue.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
After you have finished with the 'bones'. Apply glue to the other surface too. Same here. Make sure it is even and the glur covers the whole area.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
After you have done with the surface.

Next, you apply the Glue on the SuperLon itself. Make sure you don't apply too thickly. Very important to be even.

Don't worry about the glue on Surface of the bonet/boot getting dried by then. CA works best when it is partially dried up for like 10 -20 minutes.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Slowly, starting from an angle/side. Place the SuperLon inline with the Surface and stick them up.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Easy does it.
Apply pressure on the SuperLon to make sure the glue on the 2 surfaces stick together..

Use Hammering action with your fist for best result.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
It will look like this when you have finished applying pressure to all the sides, surface and bones.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Finally, Cut off the extra SuperLon from the sides..
and... That's it..

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i do the same for my car...but the hard way...haha

i cutted the superlon to fit the bone structure of bonnet...looks nice only...the heat still there....then i stick again another layer to cover it all....

now the bonnet....cool...ice cool at nite... :D

btw..wat can i use to remove the glue? lets say in the future the mat drop or something...so i will hv to clean the car surface and restick again...

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by bryan90s@Mar 17 2004, 05:58 PM
i do the same for my car...but the hard way...haha

i cutted the superlon to fit the bone structure of bonnet...looks nice only...the heat still there....then i stick again another layer to cover it all....

now the bonnet....cool...ice cool at nite... :D

btw..wat can i use to remove the glue? lets say in the future the mat drop or something...so i will hv to clean the car surface and restick again...
Remove Glue, Use :

- Petrol (Might be too strong)
- Turpentine.. (Smells like Kerosine)
- Kerosine...

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Shanashi@Mar 17 2004, 06:11 PM
allright lah you da man!! I`ve been looking for this diy and pondering abt it meself too thx dude :)
Wah.. really ? Cool.
If you need the Material..

Stanley can help you over in KL.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
johnsonlam,
where about to get in KL ? How much ? Front bonnet and door all can you ar ?

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
JL
where is this stanley ar?and does this thing fire/high heat proof?i think wanna stick it at the front bonnet cos my engine can get super super hot...u guys shud see my car when i'm driving it thru light drizzle rain...looks like a showcar with all the smokes from the condensations eheheh....woops back to the main topic...so how?issit fireproof?can verify it for me ar?and can gip rough estimation on how much issit like in 1 metre x 1 metre length? danks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello again frens...got a problem here hope any1 can help advice or troubleshoot dis problem..went to a few mechanics already stil x rectified..:adore:

there is a vibration whenever a left turn is made (x prob when turning right)..or when moving from standstill eg traffic lite....anyone of d workshop i went to said its d drive shaft problem..at 1st i thought d same..all d cv joints were replaced..now here is d issue....

it still vibrates..to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience