DIY Intercooler Water Spray

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
decrease temperature at intercooler = increase performance !
clog up intercooler wit dust = decrease performance = need to clean often !

but then again wit or without water spray surely intercooler wil clog up cos road condirion in m'sia ( lots of constructions n lorries ) n also water raining !

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
this is hardly true. i would agree there would be some accumulated debris but unless you drive through a mud puddle this will hardly be an issue. the subaru legacy comes with nozzles spraying water onto intercooler and oil coolers. if there was going to be any reliability issues i dont think this feature would have been introduced.

I would suggest a misting effect rather than water squirters.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Is DIY water spray worth doing? and get the desired result like power gain? I thought the intercooler is already designed in a way that it gives almost good performance already.....

Well, neber mind, curiousity is one of the requirement for new invention. As long as the cat isn't klled in the process of inventing.

BV5015

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
JB
so,bro here...

for example....kelisa...
got 2 pump...
take off the rear washer pipe,replace with a new pipe which with the washer aim to the cooler tank....

it should be a gd way....but...really curious wht's the effect and result for the water spraying system....
some said can decrease the air-con temp by 2c
some is improve troque
fuel consumption

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

aik.. how come my post missing one??? nevermind, just to inform ya all that I have poured Tufoil to my 500cc bike. My measurement was 1/2 Tufoil for my bike engine capacity. Another half for my car :D Well, as expected, my bike run smoother, less engine noise and less heat. Recommended to all big bike users ehehehehhe free promotion to Focal Point.
BTW, I went to Ace Hardware luckily got 3 bottles left... it sells like goreng pisang...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience