DIY Intercooler Water Spray

Waja4646

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Guys need ideas and how to knowledge on Intercooler water spary DIY...

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
if you want a simple diy, just use 2 windscreen spray nozzle, 3 way aquarium tube connector and aquarium hose. connect it to ur windscreen spray hose and voila!!!

Waja4646

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Diy

Kruger thats what I'm thinking of....at the moment I already bought the windscreen washer from Abang Shop..........hey u have a proper diagram or anything.....like a photo or what thankx bro

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
use u waja windscreen washer better,then that abang washer put in u bonet...
Find 1 fit fit place to put u waja washer nice nice shoot to u huge intercooler...
then if u like,u bonnet dont use water liao lorr,only intercooler use water lorr,bcs waja washer tangki cannot put 2 motor 1,not macam wira a/b or satria hv 2 motor..
hope u berjaya larr,effect or no donno larr..

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
A better idea.

Make a simple circuit, which acts as a thermometer switch (a lot on the web) and connect it to your 12V battery directly (make sure you have a rectifier). When the temp goes to certain lvl, the water pump will automatically turn on and cool the intercooler down automatically :)

Might be doing that during the holidays.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
just curious...

how about...
buy a water reservoir...a simple one...and easy to install in ur engine bay...
connect the wiring to battery and make a switch for it...
the connect the hose to the intercooler or maybe ur radiator...:D can aaaa

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
where to get the temp sensor?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
beter change the water spray to a bigger pump so the water pressure is higher...

conmect it to windscreen sray is works but the pressure very low only...not so effective...

most of my fren customized a water tank at rear boot....to ensure the water is cool everytime....

my 2 cents....

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
actually the water spray on ur intercooler will make the intercooler stuck with dirt and dust..the wter will catch the dust and dirt when ur car running and then it will dry and the dirt and dust will stick on ur intercooler...just my experience

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
howiechoo said:
actually the water spray on ur intercooler will make the intercooler stuck with dirt and dust..the wter will catch the dust and dirt when ur car running and then it will dry and the dirt and dust will stick on ur intercooler...just my experience
Even without spray water to IC...dirt n dust oso wil stick to it.....rite?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
spraying water to it, u are actually adding the percent of the stuck of dust...
at least withoud the water, those tiny dust will not stick on it...use ur logic..water can trap the dust....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it possbible to DIY lowering the front part of the bonnet? I mean like tilt a bit lower down... cause my engine so damn dirty la... cannot tahan... worst thn WRC car(heh heh)

sifu sifu plz help...
:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience