DIY install air cond blower filter

anakin

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
kl
Dear all sifus,

can anybody tell me how to install the air cond blower filter? recently feel like the interior become dusty very fast, so bought one and plan to install it. but don't know where to start with.

anybody can guide me where to open and put in the filter? or any webpage that go the user manual so i can have a clearer picture where to put the filter in.

by the way, my car is an EJ

thanks!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Dear all sifus,

can anybody tell me how to install the air cond blower filter? recently feel like the interior become dusty very fast, so bought one and plan to install it. but don't know where to start with.

anybody can guide me where to open and put in the filter? or any webpage that go the user manual so i can have a clearer picture where to put the filter in.

by the way, my car is an EJ

thanks!
The aircond filter is usually located behind the glove compatment..

remove glove compartment, and you can see the air cond filter box..

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Basically you slide the filter into the cooling coil, but I don't think local EJ comes with that slot. The casing of cooling coil is different in the sense that some Japanese EK models comes with a small long cover for you to slide in the filter. You need to change the casing which is equiped with the slot casing.

Smell and odor are resulted in many ways, basically you need to do a major overhaul on the aircon system, simply slide in a filter will not remove the smell.

What you need to do is remove your blower, cooling coil and center core. Clean them up and re do the sponge and replace the sponge on the flaps of center core as well. If you haven't seen one you will be surprised of what you will be looking at..... dried leaf, all kinda dead bugs which lead to the bad smell.

anakin

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
kl
do you have any manual to show how to remove the parts that you mention?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

‎20% OFF MEGUIARS 3-STEP GLOSS POLISH

Richer, deeper looking colours and a lustrous long lasting mirror-like finish
NP:RM200 NOW:RM160
Email or phone booking only
...On site service also available
email:[email protected]
hp:016-3458309(johnny)
Find us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Selangor-Malaysia/SUMMER-CAR-WASH-AND-POLISH-CENTRE/67869124609?ref=ts
Follow us by http://twitter.com/summercarwash
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience