Discussion On Your Daily Ride

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If it is your own car that you have driven for years, familiarizing it shouldn't be a problem. If it is different car that you have barely driven in it, then yes, I agree with you.
Yes, any car. First drive is familiarize. Test throttle, brake... etc.
I don expect to redline my wira when first drive after complete swap. Mechanics will f**k me upside down. Hahaha ha.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, any car. First drive is familiarize. Test throttle, brake... etc.
I don expect to redline my wira when first drive after complete swap. Mechanics will f**k me upside down. Hahaha ha.....
I don't even dare to redline any cars until I have driven it several times. Need to familiarize on how the power delivery is and also to make sure how does the engine respond to revving, whether can it rev up easily or does it struggle.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
14' no real good choice, all low end tires only! Maybe just Michelin XM2? Or the Yokohama Blue Earth got or not below 15'? Change rims la to 15, then can use 195/55/15 and have quite many choices of UHP tires. Wira PCD is same like Lancer CB 4x 114.3 isn't it?

Toyo R888R cannot use for daily, almost like slick so will easily slip in the wet!
XM2 also entry level only, same as Bluearth AE-01. Did tell him change to 15" then got performance tyres.
Wira PCD 4 x 100, Old Saga is 4 x 114.3

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
XM2 also entry level only, same as Bluearth AE-01. Did tell him change to 15" then got performance tyres.
Wira PCD 4 x 100, Old Saga is 4 x 114.3
Just want to look for mid range tyres is enough, so no need to change to 15' for now. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Pilot Preceda even older, the later one was the PP2, then replaced by PS3
PP2 stop production already. it was the only performance choice for 14"... now left Kumho lo, if still can find for 14"..KU31.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mid range also don't have. Entry and Eco level category.....lol
C-Drive 2 is like the last of its kind already. Maybe I might go for BF Goodrich if the price is right. Try it out on Saga first because that one needs to change tyres soon.

Renesis fast fast, later when u move to 15 inch no more performance tyre dy.
Like this just stay 14. Remain old school size that is popular during 80s and 90s.

If 15 no more performance, you also need to upgrade to 16".

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
C-Drive 2 is like the last of its kind already. Maybe I might go for BF Goodrich if the price is right. Try it out on Saga first because that one needs to change tyres soon.

Like this just stay 14. Remain old school size that is popular during 80s and 90s.

If 15 no more performance, you also need to upgrade to 16".
Used 16" wheels not cheap.. :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
PP2 stop production already. it was the only performance choice for 14"... now left Kumho lo, if still can find for 14"..KU31.
All moving up to 15" already. 14" last time had PP2, AD-07, C-Drive 2 also.....lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
BF Goodrich used to be quite good, when they had the G-Force Comp model, now only the Advantage T/A model which is normal range only. They are not pushing hard on BR Goodrich now and they are owned by Michelin as second brand, like Viking to Conti, Kelly to Goodyear, Dayton to Bridgestone...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Used 16" wheels not cheap.. :hmmmm:
If 15" performance tyres are phased out, then you need to retire already. :rofl:

All moving up to 15" already. 14" last time had PP2, AD-07, C-Drive 2 also.....lol
Now is like you said, either entry or high end semi slick.

BF Goodrich used to be quite good, when they had the G-Force Comp model, now only the Advantage T/A model which is normal range only. They are not pushing hard on BR Goodrich now and they are owned by Michelin as second brand, like Viking to Conti, Kelly to Goodyear, Dayton to Bridgestone...
Produced by Michelin, I suppose the quality is comparable with Michelin tyres like XM2? If we are comparing BF Goodrich with Viking, Kelly and Dayton, BF Goodrich sounds more like a reputable brand although they are not well known here.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If 15" performance tyres are phased out, then you need to retire already. :rofl:

Now is like you said, either entry or high end semi slick.

Produced by Michelin, I suppose the quality is comparable with Michelin tyres like XM2? If we are comparing BF Goodrich with Viking, Kelly and Dayton, BF Goodrich sounds more like a reputable brand although they are not well known here.
Bro, sweelt will bo 17" loh.....hhahhahah

That is why need just to shift 1" up to 15".....:driver:

Is not about the brand, but the tyre model. BFG was selling the G-Force Comp T/A, that was performance range but now they bring in Advantage T/A only which is lower end. If you can get G Force Comp T/A by all means use, this one good feedback.:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro, sweelt will bo 17" loh.....hhahhahah

That is why need just to shift 1" up to 15".....:driver:

Is not about the brand, but the tyre model. BFG was selling the G-Force Comp T/A, that was performance range but now they bring in Advantage T/A only which is lower end. If you can get G Force Comp T/A by all means use, this one good feedback.:biggrin:
If lets say lower end model from different brands are being compared together, wouldn't those from more reputable brands fared better like maybe for example, Viking CT5 VS Michelin XM2?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why would you want to put nitrous oxide injection in your car?

Because it's the easiest, most powerful and cheapest way to produce horsepower!
I get a lot of emails with questions about nitrous, "what's nitrous?", "how does it work?", "will it blow up my engine?", "how much does it cost?". The purpose of these pages is to answer questions like this, my goal is to have something here for everyone, from complete beginners to experienced nitrous heads.

Pls visit pro Nos Tuning...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience