What is your first car?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just thought of starting this thread to hear on what sifus over here got to say about their own first car and what good or bad memories that you all can say about it.

Hope sifus around here can share some stories of their humble beginnings with their first car and what kind of things that you all have done to the car. :biggrin: Also, how many of you are still keeping your first car?

For me, I am still driving my first car which is a Wira 4G15 that is passed down to me 3 years ago.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You still keeping because only 3 years. Mine was before you were born......lol
Was a Fiat 127, Fiat company car sold after 6 months used by their service manager. My 2nd brother was a that time involved in car industry, so got contact with most car brands.....lol

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Haha come on 'uncle' vr2turbo, there is no need to stress 'age' in this thread lol.

!st car was a nissan sunny year 1989, bought it myself when i started working. Didn't do anything on it and sold after 2 years haha.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You still keeping because only 3 years. Mine was before you were born......lol
Was a Fiat 127, Fiat company car sold after 6 months used by their service manager. My 2nd brother was a that time involved in car industry, so got contact with most car brands.....lol
My car was in my family since 1999. Recently only passed to me. :biggrin:

Is that a 2 door hatch?

Not bad, having an Italian car as a first car. I heard during the old days, Alfa and Fiat are really sporty cars... Heard that a few of these old Alfa and Fiat are using twin barrel carb...

Haha come on 'uncle' vr2turbo, there is no need to stress 'age' in this thread lol.

!st car was a nissan sunny year 1989, bought it myself when i started working. Didn't do anything on it and sold after 2 years haha.
Sunny is still a very common car in Ipoh. At KL, became rare car already. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

RENESIS aka Ken knows me as Uncle also....hhahha:rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My car was in my family since 1999. Recently only passed to me. :biggrin:

Is that a 2 door hatch?

Not bad, having an Italian car as a first car. I heard during the old days, Alfa and Fiat are really sporty cars... Heard that a few of these old Alfa and Fiat are using twin barrel carb...

Sunny is still a very common car in Ipoh. At KL, became rare car already. :biggrin:
Yup, 2 door. Nice to drive. Those days nothing much to mod or the mod scene not there yet.....lol
Fiat 124 and 132 were quite famous
Alfa Romeo my friend had the Alfetta. It was old and the FC was terror......hhahahhah

Nissan Sunny if 120Y that is old. If 130Y newer, my neighbor still have one.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
RENESIS aka Ken knows me as Uncle also....hhahha:rofl:
Looks like everyone at forum including inactive members knows that you are uncle. :biggrin:

Yup, 2 door. Nice to drive. Those days nothing much to mod or the mod scene not there yet.....lol
Fiat 124 and 132 were quite famous
Alfa Romeo my friend had the Alfetta. It was old and the FC was terror......hhahahhah

Nissan Sunny if 120Y that is old. If 130Y newer, my neighbor still have one.....:driver:
What era is it again? 60s?

Near my house, there are two old Fiats that is always parked outdoors. I kept forgetting the model number but they both look very boxy. Also, recently I spotted one old Alfa Romeo Giulia in Ipoh. Looks well preserved.

I think he means 130Y as that is the most commonly referred as Sunny? My grandfather used to own one 120Y. It was my transport to school from standard 1 to 6. :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
First car I regularly used was a 1978 Toyota Corona 2.0. It was passed on by my late uncle back in the mid 80s coz he had too many cars already and no more space to put. So he gave that car which the one that had been neglected/broken for me & my dad to revive and for me to learn driving.

What we did was just std, repair the body & repaint, renovate the interior, OH the engine, replace most of the parts, new rims & tires, new audio system, that's it I guess.

I drove that car to go high school and first year in uni, trashed it and had several accidents with it.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
First car I regularly used was a 1978 Toyota Corona 2.0. It was passed on by my late uncle back in the mid 80s coz he had too many cars already and no more space to put. So he gave that car which the one that had been neglected/broken for me & my dad to revive and for me to learn driving. I drove that car to go high school and first year in uni, trashed it and had several accidents with it.
Looks like you have been a Toyota guy since the beginning until now. For you, was the Corona nice to drive?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
My 1st car was back in '95...was d Honda integra 2-door..I lost it in less then a year when I was involved in a major accident @ jalan parliament towards jalan duta..an experience I'll never forget coz d permanent injuries n effects never left me..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My 1st car was back in '95...was d Honda integra 2-door..I lost it in less then a year when I was involved in a major accident @ jalan parliament towards jalan duta..an experience I'll never forget coz d permanent injuries n effects never left me..
DC2 Integra?

Sorry to hear about your lost. Is it life threatening back then?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Looks like everyone at forum including inactive members knows that you are uncle. :biggrin:

What era is it again? 60s?

Near my house, there are two old Fiats that is always parked outdoors. I kept forgetting the model number but they both look very boxy. Also, recently I spotted one old Alfa Romeo Giulia in Ipoh. Looks well preserved.

I think he means 130Y as that is the most commonly referred as Sunny? My grandfather used to own one 120Y. It was my transport to school from standard 1 to 6. :biggrin:
If they follow the ZTH forum they should know that I am a Uncle.....lol

The square looking Datsun 1200 (B110) was early 70, Datsun 120Y (B210) later 70's, then B310 another squarish model late 70's, then only the 130Y (B11) early 80....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Looks like you have been a Toyota guy since the beginning until now. For you, was the Corona nice to drive?
Nope, my current car is actually just the 2nd Toyota after that first old 78 Corona. Before this I had 3 Mitsubishis with 4G93, 4G67, and 4G63. My other car for the wife is a Nissan. So I'm not a fanatic of any specific brand. As long as it's a good car and I like it, then the brand doesn't matter that much. Maybe you can say I prefer Japanese brands for the obvious reasons but among Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsu, Subaru, Mazda, or even Suzuki, I'm fine. My dad also had tried several brands, I think back then we had all Japanese brands except Mazda & Subaru, plus a few Conti (Fiat, Holden, Mercs, Peugeot).

As for that old Corona, well it's just a simple car to go from a to b, nothing special. It had no power steering nor any other electrical power stuff, slow and heavy, sluggish 4 speed manual transmission, suspension floating like a boat, bad FC, but pretty good brakes, cold aircon, and of course reliable/easy to maintain.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If they follow the ZTH forum they should know that I am a Uncle.....lol

The square looking Datsun 1200 (B110) was early 70, Datsun 120Y (B210) later 70's, then B310 another squarish model late 70's, then only the 130Y (B11) early 80....:driver:
Before B110, there is B10 which is the first generation Sunny. Looks like you are very familiar with Datsun lineup. I just learned these recently. The one my grandfather used to own is B310. I think before B310, he owns the older B110 which kinda looked like Datsun 510 a bit.

Nope, my current car is actually just the 2nd Toyota after that first old 78 Corona. Before this I had 3 Mitsubishis with 4G93, 4G67, and 4G63. My other car for the wife is a Nissan. So I'm not a fanatic of any specific brand. As long as it's a good car and I like it, then the brand doesn't matter that much. Maybe you can say I prefer Japanese brands for the obvious reasons but among Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsu, Subaru, Mazda, or even Suzuki, I'm fine. My dad also had tried several brands, I think back then we had all Japanese brands except Mazda & Subaru, plus a few Conti (Fiat, Holden, Mercs, Peugeot).

As for that old Corona, well it's just a simple car to go from a to b, nothing special. It had no power steering nor any other electrical power stuff, slow and heavy, sluggish 4 speed manual transmission, suspension floating like a boat, bad FC, but pretty good brakes, cold aircon, and of course reliable/easy to maintain.
The 3 Mitsubishis are Lancers? So, Holden is being sold in Indonesia?

Din't expect a Corona to be that bad. Or is that due to the poor condition of the car when you got it?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
DC2 Integra?

Sorry to hear about your lost. Is it life threatening back then?
It's d earlier DA6 model..came wiz d 1.6 VTEC twin cam (d auto version was a single cam VTEC)...got it after I graduated..it was considered a fast car for its time...running on 16 borbet rims n eibach springs (those days adjustables were either unheard off or was just too expensive)..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

greetings to all sifu and friends...

1. i need to know what servo double layer can we put into proton waja?

2. cost and which workshop can do that mod?

plzz pm me or whatsapps..016-2250374. i live in shah alam selangor
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience