confused to choose vw golf gti or audi a4

Mohd Azizi

From Facebook
time to switch eudm car

in my mind is golf gti mk5 and audi a4 b7

both is same engine if not mistaken

mk5 gti coming with 6 speed dsg transmission,that i know audi coming with 7speed Gaytronic(multitronic :biggrin: ),is it audi coming with paddle shift and got launch control? just afraid with this type gearbox whether strong or not

in terms of power, which one is the best,for me power is important thing,sometimes need to rempit too...

why i interested on this two models is

audi look elegance, compact executive car
golf gti look sporty,macho men,playboy,chiks magnet car :date:

if you guys,which one you will chose and why...

thanks for your opinion.

Attachments

• DTM-v3.jpg
    DTM-v3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 5097363070_dd3724373c.jpg
    5097363070_dd3724373c.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_8313Large.jpg
    IMG_8313Large.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
If you're considering the MK V
Why not consider a new MK 6 Golf GTI? it drives and handle really well right out of the box and the EDC is a fantastic piece of kit.

or if you're looking to obtain the looks of the Golf for cheap and still want some action, the 1.4TSI is not a bad choice.

If you're considering the MK V
Why not consider a new MK 6 Golf GTI? it drives and handle really well right out of the box and the EDC is a fantastic piece of kit.

or if you're looking to obtain the looks of the Golf for cheap and still want some action, the 1.4TSI is not a bad choice.

mk6 over my budget bro,the 1.4tsi is small cc for me. :biggrin:

thanks bro for your suggestion,after i'm doing research,golf gti is the best car..the dsg box is strong and reliable better than audi,finaly i make decision to buy mkv,saw on mudah.com got few unregisted mkv,mkv year 2006 price rm150k+..is this price is reasonable ?

Bro if you want a very responsive and sporty drive the MKV GTI is fantastic, with just remap the car is really quick, as you have mention the DSG gearbox is reliable and strong to a point that is...my suggestion get a used 07 model as a 06 still has the older engine without some minute improvements put on them. Give me a buzz if you need any help 0172708829

zi:get gti:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

get the gti:biggrin:

i got the best of both worlds, a MK6 GTI and also a Q5 Quattro. both gearboxes are good, they are the same just the name is different. VW is DSG while AUDI is S-Tronic, which both are twin clutches. the gear change is super addictive, only GTI is faster because it's chipped and also lighter haha. both DSG and S-Tronic can take the trashing and in my opinion, i don't think DSG or S-Tronic is better than the other. they are both the same. if you take the 1.8T, then of course, it's not S-Tronic, it's CVT.

didnt know the Golf GTI is a chick magnet. reli? but its definitely a nice looking car. tats for sure.

Bro get mk5. You won't regert to own it. I got mk5 and q7 4.2 qouttro. But for me, mk5 its superb engenering and chick magnet haha. If you have more budget, get mk6 but mk5 also enuff. Ask mike since he is running conti wkshop and for sure he can get better deal for you. Bro 07 model you can get 150k. Last time my neighbour selling at 130k but all in stock standard. I can ask my cousin since he wanted to sell his mk5 with fully abt kits and stage 2. Only running 80kms.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Sorry for the typo error etc. I'm using bb hehe

Audi maybe slightly looks better for outlook, but in terms performance the multitronic cannot take in more power. Golf is definitely better choice here. But if your budget allow, go for golf-R which is 4wd, its more fun on the corners.

I used to have audi B7 a4 with multitronic but sold it to get another audi B7 a4 with quattro and manual 6speed. The car is fun but need to upgrade a lot of stuff after fit in the larger turbine kit.

Audi maybe slightly looks better for outlook, but in terms performance the multitronic cannot take in more power. Golf is definitely better choice here. But if your budget allow, go for golf-R which is 4wd, its more fun on the corners.

I used to have audi B7 a4 with multitronic but sold it to get another audi B7 a4 with quattro and manual 6speed. The car is fun but need to upgrade a lot of stuff after fit in the larger turbine kit.
ever tried the S-Tronic? hehe Multitronic is nowhere near S-Tronic bro.

I know, thats why i change my car, multitronic is for tamed driver and not slow in response. I played on the DSG and S-tronic before, but i still love the feeling of manual...and quattro so i bought my friend's audi B7 2.0t quattro manual. i love the feeling on engaging the clutch right with the gear change. :)

By the way, the MK 6 gti looks good with OSIR bodykit and run pretty fast with K04 turbine kit from APR. For me, Golf-R will be more favarobale because it has 4motion... :P

Need to revive & borrow this thread for a while to seek advice from all the sifus here.

Am considering switching to these 2 cars, sick & tired of searching high & low to mod my current ride. Also bcoz of unforeseen work requirement, would definitely need to swap my ride for something more elegant & presentable.

Have read about both the cars mentioned but I'm still confused & really appreciate some advice here on the followings:

Audi A4 B7
1. Transmission - is it true that the S-Line Quattro version comes with 6 speed while other versions comes with 7 speed?

2. Steering - Noticed that some of the models come with 4 spoke steering instead of 3. Different version?

3. S-Line - Noticed a lot advertised at S-Line, some with the S-line indicator at the front frille & side sill plate while others nothing to indicate that it's S-Line. What are the actual extras / enhancement in the S-Line models?

Golf GTi MK5
1. Interior color - noticed that most of the models are with grey interior but did found a few with beige & black (very rare) interior. Anything to look out for i.e. different country spec / special edition

2. Seat - While most that i saw were with leather seats, did found a few in fabric / chequered print. Again, whats with the latter? Special edition?

3. Problems - Read that the 05 & 06 models are more problematic compared to 07 & beyond. Someone mentioned that there are some minor tweaks & enhancement in the 07 & beyond models to resolved the 05 / 06 models, how true are these claims?

4. Performance - Saw some Wald versions which claimed to have higher HP & Torque. Same goes for some ABT version.How to know whether they are ori or just some add ons (decal, body kit etc)

Thanks in advance :itsme:

Top Bottom