cold start idling

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

renochin

Jun 29, 2006
hi , anyone have ideal why my gtt cold start idling unstable? they already clean the Nozzles and the throttle still the same. which parts cost the problem? it is ok when only if i press the fuel abit then become stable or the engine already hot

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Have you change your ECU already or you still using the factory unit? If you had change to after market ECU, could be your fuel and air ratio setting are mess up and need to re-tune again. If you still using factory ECU, check all your sparks plugs, might be 1 of them are giving way already....Good luck! :wavey:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Could it be just the distinctive character of the RB?

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Hehehe....yea ma. The RB does 'bubbles' a bit on idle.

S

semperfi

hi , anyone have ideal why my gtt cold start idling unstable? they already clean the Nozzles and the throttle still the same. which parts cost the problem? it is ok when only if i press the fuel abit then become stable or the engine already hot
Just leave it running for a bit and see what happens next. Where did you send your car to in KK?

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Few things to check up

1. Fuel filter. When was the last time u replaced it?
2. AAC valve need some cleaning
3. Battery
4. O2 Sensor

S

semperfi

Hehehe....yea ma. The RB does 'bubbles' a bit on idle.
Well, I have to agree with you on that bit bud. It does 'bubbles' a bit when idle. I wonder why?? The more you take care of it, the more problem the car gives!! What gives?

I've had another car for 6 years now and I haven't seen the engine for a couple of years and it still kicks a$$ and problem free. What da??:hmmmm:

Bump: renochin,

let me guess... yours a white GT-T and you have an auto transmission problem with initial gear?:listen:

S

semperfi

One question and that's it! Very thoughtful of the person.

Can it also be silver GTT with BBS rim?
Silver GT-T with BBS wheels?? Haven't seen it around.:hmmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
In the morning, my GTR sounds like half the engine is in front while the other half is in the boot. But then again, I do have cams, 1000cc injectors, etc which does make for interesting idling. I get the 'kereta awak bunyi macam kapal terbang' remark quite often. :banghead:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
[PIMPIN];3473037 said:
In the morning, my GTR sounds like half the engine is in front while the other half is in the boot. But then again, I do have cams, 1000cc injectors, etc which does make for interesting idling. I get the 'kereta awak bunyi macam kapal terbang' remark quite often. :banghead:
Hmmm.....then the tuning is not nicely done!! According to HKS and Top Fuel from Japan, a nicely tuned engine will not sound that bad even with a high rated cam installed. :hmmmm:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
I've seen GTR tuned in Aussie and most have a very nice steady tone on idling. Even using 1000cc injector and high cam. Off course, RPM more than 1k.

Bump:
One question and that's it! Very thoughtful of the person.

Silver GT-T with BBS wheels?? Haven't seen it around.:hmmmm:
Bro, Could be me in the future! hehehe... But seriously i saw the car, same color like mine in luyang. Wonder who is that?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hmmm.....then the tuning is not nicely done!! According to HKS and Top Fuel from Japan, a nicely tuned engine will not sound that bad even with a high rated cam installed. :hmmmm:
I've seen GTR tuned in Aussie and most have a very nice steady tone on idling. Even using 1000cc injector and high cam. Off course, RPM more than 1k.

Bump:

Bro, Could be me in the future! hehehe... But seriously i saw the car, same color like mine in luyang. Wonder who is that?
Setting aside what HKS or Top Fuel has said or Aussie GTR, we are talking cold start as in the morning. And I never said it sounded bad, just well.. kinda like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a9A2sxU1-4

And yes, RPM hovering above 1k is normal.

S

semperfi

Bump:

Silver GTT with BBS wheels...hmm... Could it be Shafik's? Aper registration number?

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Didn't manage to see the plate. Me too engrosed on my mad driving due to many idoits on the road!

S

semperfi

Didn't manage to see the plate. Me too engrosed on my mad driving due to many idoits on the road!
I second that! So true. What's wrong with them???? Don't they ever learn from mistakes? Haven't they heard of the laws of physic?? I noticed a lot of problems derived from the Instructors themselves.:mad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I owned a 2013 Proton Persona. Few months back I have send the car to convert from auto to manual. The mechanic had removed the dashboard and the pillar covers. Few weeks after the conversion everything was alright. But recently whenever I start drive, there is a weird knocking sound (as if like someone put a nut or screw) from the back of the dashboard. But I am not so sure if it is coming from back of dash or from inside the pillar. What I am afraid is if there is something broke and fall...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience