Bonnet Pins Installation

oneGSR

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Ampang
www.zerotohundred.com
i just buy sparco bonnet pins(imitation). Thanx raymond ftzone.
Now, i want DIY the installation. Coz i like DIY and wanna save my RM50. hehe....
So...anyone can help? plz...

- How to DIY it?
- How the rite steps go?

Thanx!!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
oneGSR,
it should go like this:

1. screw in the provided bonnet studs (is that what they're called?) into the radiator panel area.

2. take some paint and mark the tips of the studs after you've securely screwed them in to the same level as each other.

3. quickly before the paint dries, close your bonnet slowly just so that the painted tips comes in contact with the bonnet. you should then have some paint/markings on the bonnet where the studs touched it.

4. drill the painted/marked spots indicated by the paint marking from the studs.

5. paint some anti-rust around the drilled area and touch up with original paint colour or however you see fit.

6. enjoy ur bonnet pins.

in theory that's how it should work la. :)

*i accept no responsibility should anything go wrong with your DIY project*

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Haha... DIY eh... if you have the tool redi... no problems. if not bring to mechanic.. my place charge RM30 for installation.

HoodPins are to secure your hood in place during high speed drive. sometimes the hood and pop put and smash the windscreen thus injuring the driver. also it's a protection incase u accidently pop the hood lever.. but still the hoodpins will hold the hood in place until u unlock them.. :)

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
secure the hood ... i don't think it is nessesary leh ...
only 1 out of 1000 car will ahve this problem . normally , if u close the bonnet with the right way . shouldn't be any problem at all .

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
you never know la bridgy... ;) have you driven up to 290km/h before??? if you have, then you will know la ;)

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
for proton bonnets which are raised up, the air pressure might cause a higher chance of the bonnet suddenly popping open at high speed.

mika

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
how much d cost for the bonnet pin with installations & witout installation?

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Or, if you do a lot of work with your engine. I saw a site where they put 4 bonnet pins at each corner. So, when want to do something, just remove the whole bonnet.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
mika said:
how much d cost for the bonnet pin with installations & witout installation?
alluminium hood pins.
sparco celup = RM4x (good quality punya) - me selling....
sparco ori = RM1xx
china made = RM3x

the choice is yours...

installation between RM30-40

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wonder, where to get the best mods for scissor doors and interior dressing? like dash board leather packing,?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience