DIY Carbon Fiber look Bonnet

R3l3orN

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2004
Kepong, KL
Visit site
To all DIY expert or Sticker expert,

Recently, i had found the Carbon Fiber look's sticker, so i had think bout this idea!! Izzit possible for us to stick this kind of sticker to our whole bonnet, then spray several layer of Clearcoat paint on it?? So, the carbon fiber sticker won't be fade although we park under the hot sun, because it been protected by the clearcoat paint!!

But how can we stick the sticker to our bonnet perfectly?? Which means, no bubbles and all that?? So, the sticker expert pls help........Pls show me the correct steps to stick this kind of big sized sticker!!!

cmos

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
Timbuktu
Visit site
Don't mean to burst your bubble dude... but I think there're a few problems for this DIY.

i) I don't think you can find a piece of CF sticker the size of your bonnet from normal shops; unless you custom order it.

ii) Vinyl stickers are durable, but they're still affected by heat. It'll fade dramatically over time. Worst still, they might melt. Bonnets and headlamps aren't the best places to use these stickers.

iii) You're gonna have a hell of a time sticking that BIG single piece of sticker on the bonnet. Too big a surface area with loads of curves and indentations. It's not easy to manipulate such a big piece of sticky material without creating creases and bubbles all over the bonnet.

Juz my two cents. Pls feel free to correct/shoot me if I'm wrong :unsure:

R3l3orN

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2004
Kepong, KL
Visit site
i) I had the this big size sticker, it's custom made!!

ii) Mayb we can use superlon two layer w/ 10mm under the bonnet 1st, to reduce heat.

iii) Some1 told me that, we can use foam water or shampoo+water apply to the whole sticker and apply to the bonnet, so the sticker won't stick immediate on the bonnet, the sticker will only sticky when the foam water had dry!!! So, we had enough time to adjust the sticker, cut the shape and all that........

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well... i think dat even if u use de foam water n u can adjust slowly...

but i think de sticker wun fit perfectly to ur bonnet bcos there are round parts n those are de most difficult place for stickers to stick properly... unless ur bonnet has mostly flat surface then i think should be ok..

de color fade is due to de sun UV rays.... so i think if we use clear coat also not much help.. it just give u shine... mayb if u can find a UV protection clear coat paint.. then its useful...

R3l3orN

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2004
Kepong, KL
Visit site
I m using the MIVEC bonnet, most part are flat if compare w/ original satria bonnet..... :lol:

Edit: Really got UV protection clear coat paint ah?? I think i might go ACE hardware to hv a look......hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey ppl.....

was just wondering....the new proton saga claim 83 hp on engine but i am sure its less on wheels.... my question is that can we convert the SOHC to DOHC? issit as simple as ading another cam..... ? or can we change it into high cams? how much does it cost to convert?

i also want to know the expected results...like 83hp to xxx HP...? can it be done? thanks u sifu and other brothers..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience