Best way to launch a Vtec

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Just want to discuss the best way of launching a B16A Vtec for maximum potential. For me, i rev till 3000 RPM then release clutch slowly as i gas in slowly to minimize wheel spin.

Is that accurate or is there a better way ? Should i release clutch a bit first while i am revving to 3000 ? What is the best way to launch on the hill ?

Thanks !

i don't think there is an accurate way. It is an art. choose one that suit you right. But i admire dori-dori launch. 6000 rpm, ease the throttle and sayonara.

For me, I simply floor the throttle and hope for the best. Of course, I'm driving an auto. Let the torque converter do its job. :) :dancing2:

4000-4200 is the best for my car...
different car different style of launching...

satanic is 1 of the best v-tec launcher .... seek advice from the dark 1 .... and u be jumping against your opponent... MUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA...

yeah.... i do agree that different car required different rpm launching point.
like my car if i launch at 6000 then matilooo... too much spin...
4000 is the best for my case...
but again, it sometime depen on the driver skill... hehe

if you spin too much in 1st, straight away pop it into 2nd... and there will still be hope... if you continue spinning in 1st, its game over...

Of all the dragger, i would say that all the top four vtec driver in Klang Valley is worth to watch. Its been sometimes since the last time i watched napi driving but i'm not sure at what rpm they launch. Anyone???

HanJackaL said:
Just want to discuss the best way of launching a B16A Vtec for maximum potential. For me, i rev till 3000 RPM then release clutch slowly as i gas in slowly to minimize wheel spin.

Is that accurate or is there a better way ? Should i release clutch a bit first while i am revving to 3000 ? What is the best way to launch on the hill ?

Thanks !

bro, actually u have to find what's the revv for the maximum torque reading. i think the max torque for a typical VTEC is at 5000+rpm? so, a 3krpm dump is not the optimum for ur engine. better try a higher revv dump, but too high a revv will give u crazy unnecessary spins. 6000rpm dump is the best imo, because after the clutch grips, there will be sum revv drop. wit the extra initial revv, hopefully the revv will drop approx to the max torque curve. burn rubber!!

rizal_eg9 said:
Of all the dragger, i would say that all the top four vtec driver in Klang Valley is worth to watch. Its been sometimes since the last time i watched napi driving but i'm not sure at what rpm they launch. Anyone???
top four vtec driver in klang valley i oso donno ooo...
mind to share with me who is he/she?
jerman include onot?
anuar include onot?

oi...the top four vtec use semi slicks laaa...mana boleh kira...ehhh im also using semi slicks ahahahhahahaha...now they all busy main legal games ler...illegal quiet dy

hehehehehehe can u all teach me how to launch...?dont know why my sifu tell me to do it at"8000"rpm..neway i am driving a b61a also..!!!!! nicky can u teach me???? pataya can u?hehehehehehehehehehehehe:@)

fifty-50,

Where u buy your engine....B61a???

Your sifu teach u ajaran sesat...that's why u are launching at 8000rpm....

ahahahha yalah...ur got fat but short kukuciao...thats y need to launch damn high...car damn slow summore ahaahhahahahahaha

fifty-50 said:
hehehehehehe can u all teach me how to launch...?dont know why my sifu tell me to do it at"8000"rpm..neway i am driving a b61a also..!!!!! nicky can u teach me???? pataya can u?hehehehehehehehehehehehe:@)

heh heh.. the famous 5050, what an honour!! i was assuming he's car is std, not like ur highly moded ride bro. and i alwiz doubt u r still with the b16 block, the head.. maybe.. my boss was joshua, so i know lil itsy-bitsy about ur car, IF iam replying to the rite person. nice ride by the way :rock:

fifty-50 B61A engine wa lau i wonder where u got such engine ..... with 6.1L i guess u no need to launch also can ta pau alot of cars out there hahahhaa..... anyway u wan me to teach u how to launch .... can but its very skillful 1 ... hope u can archive the ultimate launch ... launch at 200 rpm not 2000rpm but 200 rpm ngam ngam k ..... ekekeke

Last edited:
Top Bottom