asking all honda sifu sifu

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
now im planing to buy an eg, with b16a, not sure is 1 or 2, erm, im notice tat the engine is use 2.0 block before, but its sold, and i think its back to 1.6, is it got problem ? is it will causing anything to the engine power or wat? its 91' eg 4 doors, 20k, cash. and 1 more, doesnt have a code on the block that registered with jpj tat show on the geran ? thanks for ur all comments and information.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
how you know the engine use 2.0 block before?.. (O_o)? noted in the geran, or...?

back to 1.6 means less displacement=less power ler... :P

Engine numbers should match the geran, or it would mean that the engine swap wasn't noted in the geran. If want to get legal, should send for puspakom testing.. if the owner give 101 excuses, you know I know lah.

20K cash is quite cheap, so consider doing some 'edisi siasat' on the car and it's history to prevent getting cheated.

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
wat history mayb its have? and 1 more important thing, its auto tranmission, if i wan to convert to manual, wat i need to change? gear box sure la, ecu also i think izit ? i mean is, is it more less power before its change to 2.0

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
if i convert to manual, aprox i need how much ? include the gear box or anything tat need to change ?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Not so sure, but from what I can think off right now, convert to manual, for cheapest method, ECU(yes, it's different), g/box, meter.

Camshaft for automatic is rumoured to be different, but not sure.. never compared one b4.

Price for ECU is 400-500+, G/box is around 1.6K, I think... workmanship charges.. depends.

2.0 generates more horsepower because it has more displacement than a 1.6.

A 1.6 will never beat a 2.0 engine if both are similarly built for max power, IMO.

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
quite expensive, need 2k - 3k also .... the owner told me that before is manual, but converted to auto bcoz kl traffic problem, reasonable? tats mean the engine come with auto g/box the camshaft degree is diffrent or any else diffrent ? im confuse...

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
i still find the thread that the owner post it on zth market place, aik.. cant get it...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if 2-3K is expensive.. I think better you find another car that's already manual..

but even then, repairs probably required since the EG is an OLD car already, unless you strike lucky and meet a guy who maintained his engine & car well (which he won't be selling cheap, of course)

Last edited:

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
if engine come with auto transmission the engine power or hp have diffrent with come with manual gear box one ?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
yes... but even a b16a auto generates more hp than a 1.6 wira... the thing is, B16A is only nice if you stay in the higher rev regions, where the power's at.

Which is why you see a lot of (stock engine) 1.6 wira owners claiming they can blow the doors of a Civic B16A with a new intake/exhaust mods on their wira. :P

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Consider your needs, then consider your wants... no one can help you on that one.

But considering he's already trying to sell it off for months... (O_o)
You've got to wonder why it's not sold yet? don't you?

Last edited:

A Post Every 5 Mins

Doctor’s ride undergoes treatment.

Doctors are an indispensible constituent of our society. We need them for advice and tips for a healthier life, to attend to our health problems should they arise.

Recently, I received the visit of a doctor’s… car! She would have a new owner, and I was to prepare for it for new owner, not a full detail but a deep interior cleaning, some spot buffing on the paint and a full correction on the alloy wheels.

The car was washed before moving to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience