Aircon Not Cool When Stationary

ZephyRed

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
Sunway
Visit site
any of u guys encounter such prob? where your aircon doesn't seems to be cold when the car's stationary.. but when the car's moving.. itz darn cold like fridge?

any idea whatz the prob? cannot be run out of gas ah.. coz if out of gas.. it wouldn't be cold when the car's moving.

tykiasu

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2004
Johor Bahru
i had the same problem too... eh...anyone with such experience? when car move or accelerate then cold. :blink:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
The fan not working maybe? When the engine is off, plug in the keys and turn on the aircon... you should hear a fan in the engine blowing, if there isnt then take out the fan and whack it with stoplock.

wannabe

1,500 RPM
Feb 29, 2004
If you are talking abt proton, then i understand your situation. Proton car comes either with denso or paco aircond. For those denso wan shouldnt have this problem but if paco wan then memang like that wan. Same wif my car oso , ask mechanic said " This wan not denso, like this wan , if wan cold when not moving , chnage to denso la "......... but if u r talking abt other than proton then it's out of my league.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Z,

I know why... condenser coil dirty or leaking or fan has failed.

In my case, fan wire melted - aircon hot during traffic jams but cold when moving. After fix, condenser coil leaked - hot when outside is hot n vice versa.

tykiasu

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2004
Johor Bahru
kancil here... Checked the Fan, its working.... and the compressor just chan :( ged!

kayef

Mar 2, 2004
i had the same problem also....change the compressor also still the same then went to a different place and they change the valve for me and now no probem.....cold anytime

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
from my experience its the fan motor where when the car move the air from front help to cool the condenser but when in a stop the fan cant cool the condenser. so thats why the air con gets hot. the fan is still working but just not good enough. thats the sign that the motor going to KAPUT already. so better save some money for it. :)

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
HMMMM...KANCIL well, kancil compressor small mah....and the "radiator" also small mah....so when moving, it got more air flow....it will cool down, while stationary, no air flow...then hot loh...

Solution, maybe add another fan to blow the radiator... last time my kancil also like that...

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by Zeroed@May 14 2004, 07:10 PM
The fan not working maybe? When the engine is off, plug in the keys and turn on the aircon... you should hear a fan in the engine blowing, if there isnt then take out the fan and whack it with stoplock.
i oso think its the problem wit the fan lehz...

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
yeap, most probably is fan....try 2 check if ur fan is running or not... if its running, then send ur car 2 workshop...

Combustion

Apr 6, 2004
Yes, a car electrical person once told me when move cold, when idle not cold, MOST PROBABLY fan is not powerful enough.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi~
my car mirror/window become blur...and hard to see it clearly in the nite....
watever....i try use the petrol to wash my mirror also....its blur oso....i try to wash hardly....it also blur....

so....in the market got any polish is for cleaning the mirror and bcome shine and clear on the mirror again?
or sifus got any opinion about DIY to clear the blur mirror?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience