advise needed for kancil

kingkongkecik

Known Member
hello guys,my first post today...
i think forums like this is very helpful...
just a few q's...i am using a kancil 850ez (yr2004) and the engine is different to other kancils (efi)
-i was told that the engine is similar to kelisa's 850cc engine but with smaller block...so is it possible to change to the kelisa block and gain more power(or at least the engine is stronger to withstand future abuse)
-i am thinking of swapping for a manual gearbox (probably from l2s with lsd).any comments or ideas?
-the engine bay is very tight and can u guys give me some suggestion on how is the best way to install an air filter(is it ok if the air/filter is located beside the engine with no heat shield?)

thank you in advance,guys!

why so hassle to get the kelisa block?since the displacement is same,no use to change to kelisa 850cc block.and also,how much u expect to spend on the gearbox and block?my advice is directly go to l2s halfcut.more easier.

Indeed 850 can change to Kelisa but Kelisa engine just 55bhp on crank...
Your can get the BHP by doing some modification like exhaust, SAFC etc etc...or u can just rojak it with 1000cc things..
or u can just BOT ur current engine and this engine is just the same as L5 3piston...Gb wise will be no problem and it will have better performance but mouting wise need to mod a bit...

Air Filter wise, the max u can change just HKS mushroom type or similar type, heat shield wise can DIY.. no problem... where it is small and no hassle...

Dun waste this engine...very good engine...12v DOHC 3 piston...
Good Luck...

Last edited:
mag9556,i agree with u thats y i dun wanna change the engine...thinking about either the bolt on turbo or just use parts from 1000cc kelisa engine but where do i start...no money to change engine to l2...for the g/b expecting to fork out rm500...is the mira g/b(without lsd) different to kancil 850 g/b?

p.s if anybody got parts for me to upgrade(related to abv) do offer k?

ok... agree with kob3bryant...

the cc is the same... so why need the kelisa's 850 block? if the block is 1000cc then ok laa...

n about the L2 LSD gebox... are u a racing guy? or just a guy that jalan2 cari awek?

coz L2 gebox is ratio is short, pickup will be good but then if u at the hiway then 110km/j is about 4500-5000rpm... i think, u better stick with 850gebox...

the mira n kancil gebox is same, plug n play, but only different in gear ratio ...

if u want much power with no hassle, then better go with L2/L2s turbo, then hybrid with your 850engine block... if u have enuff modification n tuning then it is easy to get 120++hp...

ok...

mag9556,i agree with u thats y i dun wanna change the engine...thinking about either the bolt on turbo or just use parts from 1000cc kelisa engine but where do i start...no money to change engine to l2...for the g/b expecting to fork out rm500...is the mira g/b(without lsd) different to kancil 850 g/b?

p.s if anybody got parts for me to upgrade(related to abv) do offer k?

If u really wanna to change..
better change to LSD GB... Kancil la.. how fast u can go:hmmmm:
infact L2 LSD GB max can go until 180km/h if u dare to drive at that speed...
Yes.. Kancil Gb and Mira Gb are the same that using 850 clutch...
now.. u just change to manual.. send it to JPJ for inspection and put SAFC.. u will see the difference...thus the FC also change a lot...
After that change the TB and the MAP sensor with the injector... dun forget the exhaust also...
cna also change to racing cam pulley if needed for better responce...

If still not enough.. just find L5 3ipston Turbo or Coure engine (vvti) and rojak it in...

Still not enough.. change to L7 engine or L9T engine... not enough K3VET lor or Evo also can as Johor got 1 Kancil with VR4 engine and the engine at the back..NOS is the best...hehehe

Good Luck...

Last edited:
hello guys,my first post today...
i think forums like this is very helpful...
just a few q's...i am using a kancil 850ez (yr2004) and the engine is different to other kancils (efi)
-i was told that the engine is similar to kelisa's 850cc engine but with smaller block...so is it possible to change to the kelisa block and gain more power(or at least the engine is stronger to withstand future abuse)
-i am thinking of swapping for a manual gearbox (probably from l2s with lsd).any comments or ideas?
-the engine bay is very tight and can u guys give me some suggestion on how is the best way to install an air filter(is it ok if the air/filter is located beside the engine with no heat shield?)

thank you in advance,guys!
Finally...someone who has the same species as me :itsme:

As for me, I've done a few things for the car
  1. K&N Open Pod Filter RU2790 + hotbits injection kit + heatshield
  2. Kelisa 1.0 extractor...thermal wrap of course
  3. 1.6" exhaust piping with 2 midbox (1 straight and 1 sflow) and 1 muffler...all with 1.6" inlet
  4. Gearbox? still the stock 3speed auto :banghead:
So far the car felt livelier after 3k rpm...nice pickup...easy to maintain 110km/h on PLUS....

As for future mod (if God permits that's it) I'm more to NA setup

NA
  1. Change to 850cc manual gearbox *please refer WLG7965-5speedManual-12.txt*
  2. Get the engine balance + blueprinted at PowerZone but keep all engine internals.
  3. Tuned exctractor from Powerzone oso...
  4. Tune with SAFC

If you wanna do a BOT, I'd advise you to be careful because my fren's engine go KABOOM after doing it to his car, which use the same engine than ours...it said that our block not as strong as the carb block...better convert to kelisa 1.0 engine and BOT from there...

Sorry for the long writeup...since I'm very excited to see fellow ED-DE user :adore:

Hi Consonar...how's life at kcarlife.com :biggrin:

Last edited:
yup guys...i was talking about the 1000cc kelisa block...now targetting for 850 manual g/b first(anybody selling cheap)...since my engine is efi,which one is better to go first after the transmission swap (safc or voltage stabilizer)?

papagoines,the air filter did u install it right on top of the engine or u have intake hose?(i think if hot air comes in through the filter,the engine wont burn at its optimum level)

p.s i may need a reputable workshop that can do the transmission swap,any seuggestions?

yup guys...i was talking about the 1000cc kelisa block...now targetting for 850 manual g/b first(anybody selling cheap)...since my engine is efi,which one is better to go first after the transmission swap (safc or voltage stabilizer)? p.s i may need a reputable workshop that can do the transmission swap,any seuggestions?
in my book, voltage stabilizer is not a performance upgrade...just go for SAFC dude...If you got the 1000cc block...then go for BOT then...100hp on a Kancil...damn syok man!

As for the tranny swap...any experienced mechanic can do it...as long as you trust him :biggrin:

kingkongkecik said:
papagoines,the air filter did u install it right on top of the engine or u have intake hose?(i think if hot air comes in through the filter,the engine wont burn at its optimum level)
I'm using Hotbits injection kit which connect directly to the ori TB inlet...I've got the heatshieald oledi, managed to cool down the intake air temp by 33%.....

If I have the moolah... CAI such as BMC CDA/Pipercross Viper/K&N Apollo Universal would be top of my list :biggrin:

Top Bottom