Which is the best for Proton Putra ???

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
NA or turbo Putra? How did it manage to win a DC2 that had either a 180hp B18C or 195hp B18CR.... A surprise indeed.
Didn't "win" or "lose" la. It was just kacau the fella kaokao cuz he tiong us first. So just let him pass and tiong the shit outta him back until overtake him in a corner. NA glory. We already had more displacement than that DC2 assuming he was stock.

Anyway, the surprise is seeing a very badly beat-up shitty looking Putra beat your glorious white Integra. LOL

I saw before an old Saga at youtube with lots of video about it. Called Saga Squirt or something. Using a highly modified 4G15. Anyone heard of this before? Regarding suspension, old Saga is using torsion beam or multi link at the rear? There is always this big 'tong' thing at the back which blocks my view from seeing what suspension it is using.
The super saga is past your generation la. You 'kids' are too young to know about the Batu3 race days and the psychotic drivers. I recall a red Evo that had his turbo to be almost lag free and he picked on a lansi skyline R34 driver. Quite entertaining back then seeing all these antics from all sorts of people and their unexpectedly cars. Back then this Alex Yoong was one of the rare fast Saga drivers. If only he drove that fast in F1.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Oh BTW, the Megasquirt is a famous DIY standalone ECU that those in-the-know tune themselves. Cheaper than the famous brands but works apparently equally well.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My Super Saloon also on torsion beam mah!.....:smokin::biggrin:

eh?? i tot it was multilink at rear??? got trailing arm and coil on strut suspension setup rite??? or was it similar to lancer tredia/super touring?

It seems seriously complicated. :confused:

Really? Or you converted it into something else now? :biggrin:

no complicated for those who knew soldering and learn how to tune car ecu (most good tuner can understand the basic easily)..plus got auto-tune function....save up a lot of time and money to get a setting right

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Didn't "win" or "lose" la. It was just kacau the fella kaokao cuz he tiong us first. So just let him pass and tiong the shit outta him back until overtake him in a corner. NA glory. We already had more displacement than that DC2 assuming he was stock.

Anyway, the surprise is seeing a very badly beat-up shitty looking Putra beat your glorious white Integra. LOL

The super saga is past your generation la. You 'kids' are too young to know about the Batu3 race days and the psychotic drivers. I recall a red Evo that had his turbo to be almost lag free and he picked on a lansi skyline R34 driver. Quite entertaining back then seeing all these antics from all sorts of people and their unexpectedly cars. Back then this Alex Yoong was one of the rare fast Saga drivers. If only he drove that fast in F1.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Oh BTW, the Megasquirt is a famous DIY standalone ECU that those in-the-know tune themselves. Cheaper than the famous brands but works apparently equally well.
Especially when Honda Racing pride is beaten by Proton. :rofl:

I've heard about super saga before but what I am referring earlier is not that one... It is a dark blue Saga. Here's a video of it. Those legendary batu 3 races were in what year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr4jNW1AcYM

no complicated for those who knew soldering and learn how to tune car ecu (most good tuner can understand the basic easily)..plus got auto-tune function....save up a lot of time and money to get a setting right
For tuners, it should be fine for them. But for ordinary people, it is complicated. :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Batu 3 race track was closed in 2003. So those legends are easily 10-15 years ago.
Went for a Saturday night race once and was really happening.
But some joker make $$$ build houses there already.....:banghead::banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think I may want to make a thread to talk about Batu Tiga stories. Interested to know more about it.

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Just stick to NA bro... You will not regret. Modding will cost you a lot of headaches since car not built for Turbo and MIVEC (I prefer vTec) tuning is very important...

FC for Turbo => 1 liter to 6km
MIVEC, not sure

Last edited:

Reddevil_3

Sep 19, 2014
Selangor
Hi guys...it's me again...right now I'm very eager to know which is the best braking & handling for putra in terms of brand, performance, quality & etc.
If possible give me idea or suggestion on brands name & of course the cost too...Thank U very much everyone...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi guys...it's me again...right now I'm very eager to know which is the best braking & handling for putra in terms of brand, performance, quality & etc.
If possible give me idea or suggestion on brands name & of course the cost too...Thank U very much everyone...
Easier to talk about your budget and what you want to do with the car. Someone could recommend you Ohlins fully adjustables, Eibach full set handling parts, Cusco bars, AD08R tyres + 17" RPF1 Enkei, and you'd be broke by March. And all that just to drive along the pothole ridden KL roads.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Easier to talk about your budget and what you want to do with the car. Someone could recommend you Ohlins fully adjustables, Eibach full set handling parts, Cusco bars, AD08R tyres + 17" RPF1 Enkei, and you'd be broke by March. And all that just to drive along the pothole ridden KL roads.
Yup, then they tell to fit racing brakes and then use in town got no bite.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
17 inch RPF1 will surely cost a bomb. I checked that even 15 inch RPF1 will need RM2k plus for a set... But then, I think 15 inch RPF1 is sufficient for a 4G93 NA Putra. Why equip a heavier and more expensive rim to it? 15 inch + AD08R should be okay?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
17 inch RPF1 will surely cost a bomb. I checked that even 15 inch RPF1 will need RM2k plus for a set... But then, I think 15 inch RPF1 is sufficient for a 4G93 NA Putra. Why equip a heavier and more expensive rim to it? 15 inch + AD08R should be okay?
Yah! cannot have all best if got no budget......:bawling:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just saw one silver C99 Wira this morning. Looks legit with twin tip exhaust, 14" 5 spoke JRD rims, rear disc brake and 1.8 EXI DOHC emblem at the side... I'm not sure how rare is it but at Ipoh, I've spotted more C99 Wira than Putra...
Apologies but C99 wira should be rear disc brake.

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
hi, all sifus, i am also quite intrested to find a nice stock putra, i want to know if there is any inherent problems with it ?

when i was little my mum had a 1.8 wira but it was auto, only knew how rare it was when i grew up, but the car was sold already by the time i knew what was under the hood =) but if i recall, it always had radiator problem, it will always leak and stuff, is that the same for the putra ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi, all sifus, i am also quite intrested to find a nice stock putra, i want to know if there is any inherent problems with it ?

when i was little my mum had a 1.8 wira but it was auto, only knew how rare it was when i grew up, but the car was sold already by the time i knew what was under the hood =) but if i recall, it always had radiator problem, it will always leak and stuff, is that the same for the putra ?
It's all about how it was maintained. I've had my Wira for 10 years and only time it really gave me a hard time was when I didn't change the gaskets and belts as per scheduled.

There weren't any recalls and the 4G93 + c99 Putra is very hardy. But if the owner never really did proper maintenance then expect a lot of issues.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The wira as my mechanic calls it is a work horse. Many sales people will use. Engine is tough since is Mitsu anyway.
Mine only problem was the roof rust.....:banghead:

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
It's all about how it was maintained. I've had my Wira for 10 years and only time it really gave me a hard time was when I didn't change the gaskets and belts as per scheduled.

There weren't any recalls and the 4G93 + c99 Putra is very hardy. But if the owner never really did proper maintenance then expect a lot of issues.
ok...thanks for your reply..appreciate it.... putra if buy also.. scred kena curi... = (

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
i have a 1.6 satria with 4g93 mivec inside. gives very good response i could say.

most importance, is very low maintenance since it is in nearly stock condition.

i put on standard SE bodykit to avoid thieves.

it served me well for the past five years until today. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just installed in my engine today.. not bad..feel the different... improve throttle response... :proud:
have anyone out there used this thing? share ur experienced here... :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience