I Am Dilemma for buying which car., Please Help guy

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I hate hybrids. But for the 85k price tag and those 3 car choices, I'd ask the TS to consider the Prius C.

1. Nissans these day aren't as well made as their predecessors. Unless it's a range topping Teana or R35, the lower range cars are crap in terms of QC.

2. I have a City in the family and I hate driving it. It feels like a brick to drive and the Vios outperforms it in terms of nimble-ness and sheer response. The City feels heavy too, perhaps because of the ridiculous 16" heavyweight rims. I'd give this a skip - but this is my personal opinion (which I am entitled to)

3. The Forte is a great car, but handling wise it's no Wira. :biggrin: Feels weird to push this car hard but it's a great cruiser and it comes super well equipped compared to its competitors. However like everyone has said - K3 is coming. Why buy an old model? Unless they are giving you superbly huge discounts, I wouldn't consider the old car either.

Ultimately dude - what car you choose is really up to you. All 3 cars you listed have their pros and cons, it's just a matter of how they make you feel.

Quote Drexchan : "Love what you drive, drive what you love".

It'll be your car afterall.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Insight you will never like the interior space the car have. You would rather get a more spacious and cheaper Honda Jazz Hybrid
rather than the Insight. Yet, the Jazz is a much better choice. Spacious, nice interior and comfortable. Only get the CBU
model though, don't really fancy the CKD model...seems lots of things are different. Really a knock down model...:banghead:

If I'm TS i will go for City, if Forte, only if it is a 2.0cc Model. 1.6cc can forget about it.

From what I remember k3 only comes in 1.6cc model Izso bro? If not mistaken they dont have a 2.0cc
K3. So, if Forte wanna get, get the 2.0cc ones.

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Oh, Insight's interior is smaller than Jazz? Jazz didn't struck me as having a spacious interior though. So Insight's is worse?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
When I tested both, I feel more comfortable in Jazz, don't feel so cramp. That's what I think of these 2 models.
Yet Jazz CBU comes with Paddle shifters, both same engine. Jazz is cheaper by RM5K from price list comparison.

Much more fun to drive with extra features like paddle shifters. Can switch to manual drive anytime.

Jazz comes with Front and Rear Brake Disc while Insight comes with brake Drums.

Don't really feel comfortable in Insight, even the salesman recommended to take
Jazz instead which he thinks is more worth it.

Interior design wise for me, Jazz wins.

Insight's Body is heavier than Jazz.

But not taking his words lightly, I tested both and made my own judgement.
Still will take the Jazz Hybrid anytime.

Just my 2 cents.

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I believe if
- for NVH, cabin space and comfort, especially for passengers, go for Almera, tried to ride in when colleagues went for test drive.
- no comments about city as I think is so-so, nothing exciting.
- bang-for-buck specs and stuff, go for Forte, or hang on until K3 is out. I do find K3 looked nice from all angles.

was at dilemma to buy car at below RM90k range before, now happily driving my Fiesta. :proud:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I believe if
- for NVH, cabin space and comfort, especially for passengers, go for Almera, tried to ride in when colleagues went for test drive.
- no comments about city as I think is so-so, nothing exciting.
- bang-for-buck specs and stuff, go for Forte, or hang on until K3 is out. I do find K3 looked nice from all angles.

was at dilemma to buy car at below RM90k range before, now happily driving my Fiesta. :proud:
Got loads of nice bodykits out there for Fiesta. Small car with 1.6cc surely fun to drive eh? :smile:
Even Kelisa is 1.0, I'm already enjoying every bit of it :smile:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SupraF : I dunno much about the new K3. Personally having driven the Forte 1.6 and 2.0, the 2.0 really does have a significant more power than the 1.6. But the 1.6 isn't exactly a slouch, just that on highways prepare to give way to other cars since overtaking power isn't that great. But for a family / city cruiser it's great. All the luxuries, safety features and not too shabby looks for the price of a bare stock Vios/City.

The Fiesta is also a nice car to drive, but strangly though you can't engine brake with the Fiesta. My only beef with the Fiesta is the high maintenance cost if you keep going back to Ford for maintenance.

Why hasn't the TS considered the Vios? Sure the thing looks like a dugong but it's quite a nice car to drive. The J-spec manual can take a lot of punishment. Get the bare-bones J-Spec manual and turbo charge the bugger! Fuh!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SupraF : I dunno much about the new K3. Personally having driven the Forte 1.6 and 2.0, the 2.0 really does have a significant more power than the 1.6. But the 1.6 isn't exactly a slouch, just that on highways prepare to give way to other cars since overtaking power isn't that great. But for a family / city cruiser it's great. All the luxuries, safety features and not too shabby looks for the price of a bare stock Vios/City.

The Fiesta is also a nice car to drive, but strangly though you can't engine brake with the Fiesta. My only beef with the Fiesta is the high maintenance cost if you keep going back to Ford for maintenance.

Why hasn't the TS considered the Vios? Sure the thing looks like a dugong but it's quite a nice car to drive. The J-spec manual can take a lot of punishment. Get the bare-bones J-Spec manual and turbo charge the bugger! Fuh!
Ya, I agree that if want get Vios and fun to drive with, get the Manual one. My gf sister's husband
drives one and I was having a hard time catching up with him even though is 1.8cc against a 1.5cc manual. :top:

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Got loads of nice bodykits out there for Fiesta. Small car with 1.6cc surely fun to drive eh? :smile:
Even Kelisa is 1.0, I'm already enjoying every bit of it :smile:
When driving a car that you like, nothing else matters :biggrin:

Well, i did tried engine braking with Fiesta by pressing the button on the shift lever. It worked well as far as i concern, otherwise there's L gear but it'll redline the engine all the time. there's a vid on youtube where a driver did that on track (Melaka?).

as for maintenance cost, i've checked the maintenance booklet and spare part price list, still in reasonable range IMO.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
among all the cars TS has mentioned, which has the best safety ratings? airbags? etc etc?

with age catching up nowadays, i try to get the safest car possible....just my opinion.

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
among all the cars TS has mentioned, which has the best safety ratings? airbags? etc etc?

with age catching up nowadays, i try to get the safest car possible....just my opinion.
If you're talking about overall safety, Forte...

Active safety highlights,
Forte 2.0 has ABS, EBD, BA, TC, ESC, 2 front and side curtain airbags
City facelift has ABS, EBD, BA, ESC (not sure if Honda VSM includes traction control or not...)
Almera VL has ABS, EBD, BA, 2 front airbags

Passive safety wise,
all cars pretty much the same, monocoque chassis, crumple zone and etc...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If you're talking about overall safety, Forte...

Active safety highlights,
Forte 2.0 has ABS, EBD, BA, TC, ESC, 2 front and side curtain airbags
City facelift has ABS, EBD, BA, ESC (not sure if Honda VSM includes traction control or not...)
Almera VL has ABS, EBD, BA, 2 front airbags

Passive safety wise,
all cars pretty much the same, monocoque chassis, crumple zone and etc...
That's not how you measure safety... just because it has more safety features doesn't make it safe. Crash tests will establish how the car actually performs in a front end collision, with some tests now going as far as doing rollover ratings.

Kia safety | Cerato crash test - ANCAP
Honda safety | City crash test - ANCAP

The City actually performed better than the 2009 Kia Cerato (Kia Forte). Almera has not been tested yet. Since both cars are tested by ANCAP, it is an apples to apples comparison.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I'm a n00bi3. just bought a car about a month ago. satria 1.3GLi(M) 2000... i know this may sound embarrassing, but i'm not that good about cars (especially about engines) and am so keen in learning about car. Where can i get knowledge about cars... hopefully for beginners?
Please don't laugh at me... (-_-")... I appreciate your help so much..

THX..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience