I Am Dilemma for buying which car., Please Help guy

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
That's not how you measure safety... just because it has more safety features doesn't make it safe. Crash tests will establish how the car actually performs in a front end collision, with some tests now going as far as doing rollover ratings.

Kia safety | Cerato crash test - ANCAP
Honda safety | City crash test - ANCAP

The City actually performed better than the 2009 Kia Cerato (Kia Forte). Almera has not been tested yet. Since both cars are tested by ANCAP, it is an apples to apples comparison.
Yeah, I agree, forgot about that. Should compare between other NCAPs too, like Latin, Europe, and US own program IIHS-HLDI: Crash Testing*&*Highway Safety.

But what I think the result might no be accurate as these results are based on respective local specs. Say if some airbags are removed then the points should be lower.

For example, under Europe NCAP, fiesta has 5 star award which inclusive of 7 air bags (knee airbag as well). My Fiesta only have 2 front air bags so the award should be lowered 4 star? :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yeah, I agree, forgot about that. Should compare between other NCAPs too, like Latin, Europe, and US own program IIHS-HLDI: Crash Testing*&*Highway Safety.

But what I think the result might no be accurate as these results are based on respective local specs. Say if some airbags are removed then the points should be lower.

For example, under Europe NCAP, fiesta has 5 star award which inclusive of 7 air bags (knee airbag as well). My Fiesta only have 2 front air bags so the award should be lowered 4 star? :biggrin:
Forget all that just go buy a Volvo... easily solved. :driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Quote Drexchan : "Love what you drive, drive what you love". .
I love my gf, but she drives me crazy...so the sentence can't be applied to gf huh? Wakakaka run run cabuutttt

Nissan Almera is very spacious...until can roll here n ther in it.

Vios can outrun a city? I didn't know that...I thought city's vtec is good enough to power the car without any hassle.. I'd driven a vios before but I don't feel the oomph in it.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I love my gf, but she drives me crazy...so the sentence can't be applied to gf huh? Wakakaka run run cabuutttt

Vios can outrun a city? I didn't know that...I thought city's vtec is good enough to power the car without any hassle.. I'd driven a vios before but I don't feel the oomph in it.
Mate, most rules (if not all, lol) can't be applied and becomes invalid when you are talking about the species from Venus, and that includes good ole' common sense! :biggrin:

Sorry for being OT!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Vios 108hp vs City 121hp and can outrun by city? Can't be. Unless is a M/T Vios?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Eh? Did I say Vios can outrun City? I said the Vios felt more responsive and nimble la. I don't measure a car based on outright top speed. Who the hell gets to drive that fast all the time to matter anyway? And I also mentioned that the City felt heavier possibly because of the heavy 16" rims. Don't go and misquote me then all the Honda / Vios fanboys will come whack me leh!

cow.stroller : I think that button you're talking about is the OD button right? Well with the OD off it's still not as good as say a manual in gear 2, but then again not a lot of autos these days can engine brake. And using L to engine brake at high speeds is gearbox suicide! If you're driving it on track with L all the way it's stressing it only, high speed braking with L will break something me thinks. Good to know the maintenance isn't too bad though, do you go back to Ford for maintenance? My friends Ford Focus had a battery changed out for RM1.5k because of specialty equipment and her suspension cost her RM4k to change out. That's kinda extreme for a car!

cow.stroller

Nov 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Eh? Did I say Vios can outrun City? I said the Vios felt more responsive and nimble la. I don't measure a car based on outright top speed. Who the hell gets to drive that fast all the time to matter anyway? And I also mentioned that the City felt heavier possibly because of the heavy 16" rims. Don't go and misquote me then all the Honda / Vios fanboys will come whack me leh!

cow.stroller : I think that button you're talking about is the OD button right? Well with the OD off it's still not as good as say a manual in gear 2, but then again not a lot of autos these days can engine brake. And using L to engine brake at high speeds is gearbox suicide! If you're driving it on track with L all the way it's stressing it only, high speed braking with L will break something me thinks. Good to know the maintenance isn't too bad though, do you go back to Ford for maintenance? My friends Ford Focus had a battery changed out for RM1.5k because of specialty equipment and her suspension cost her RM4k to change out. That's kinda extreme for a car!
Yeah, Fiesta OD button might not be as flexible as a manual transmission on my previous car but it does work well IMO. When I turn OD off, the car will hold certain gears at 3K to 5K rpm range based on the % of the slope. In D mode, Fiesta will coast down on neutral mode to save fuel and tranny lifespan, well according Owner's Manual and some other reviewers with Thai-built Fiesta.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 and 1.6 Ti-VCT Test Drive Review
Ford Fiesta - Hill & Grade Assist - YouTube
Ford Fiesta

So, to perform engine braking they said press the button to turn on Grade Assist Mode ('high tech' name for OD? :biggrin:) to I did try to used this mode to hold mid range rpm longer when passing on highways. Heard some Fiesta owners used it at 'Sport' mode. Of course, it is not recommended to do it all the time.

I used L gear once on traffic light stop to try century sprint but yeah, kinda felt it's ripping the clutches and gears when holding on redline all the time. Don't really use it anymore.

Is your friend driving previous generation Focus? the TDCI model is a beast with those massive torque! Perhaps the new Focus and Fiesta are built in Thailand to reduce cost?

Cheers.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Sorry boss !!! Sorry!!! Dun fire me and please entitle me for year end bonus :bawling: I have 3 goldfishes and 1 dog and damn many mosquitos to feed

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is your friend driving previous generation Focus? the TDCI model is a beast with those massive torque! Perhaps the new Focus and Fiesta are built in Thailand to reduce cost?

Cheers.
Her's is the pre-facelift model. Petrol model, not TDCI. It's a great car to drive but having seen her bills to replace a driveshaft, suspension, even a simple battery... I'm very very hesitant to consider a Ford unless I'm loaded. And if I were loaded I'd be getting an Audi.

Sorry boss !!! Sorry!!! Dun fire me and please entitle me for year end bonus :bawling: I have 3 goldfishes and 1 dog and damn many mosquitos to feed
:hmmmm:

I have no bloody idea how to respond to this.

:biggrin:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
I hate hybrids. But for the 85k price tag and those 3 car choices, I'd ask the TS to consider the Prius C.

1. Nissans these day aren't as well made as their predecessors. Unless it's a range topping Teana or R35, the lower range cars are crap in terms of QC.

2. I have a City in the family and I hate driving it. It feels like a brick to drive and the Vios outperforms it in terms of nimble-ness and sheer response. The City feels heavy too, perhaps because of the ridiculous 16" heavyweight rims. I'd give this a skip - but this is my personal opinion (which I am entitled to)

3. The Forte is a great car, but handling wise it's no Wira. :biggrin: Feels weird to push this car hard but it's a great cruiser and it comes super well equipped compared to its competitors. However like everyone has said - K3 is coming. Why buy an old model? Unless they are giving you superbly huge discounts, I wouldn't consider the old car either.

Ultimately dude - what car you choose is really up to you. All 3 cars you listed have their pros and cons, it's just a matter of how they make you feel.

Quote Drexchan : "Love what you drive, drive what you love".

It'll be your car afterall.
agree....so just get a fiesta

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Taken from Sync Optima:

skagee said:
Looks like the thieves are at it again..This time its Rudsdrifts (Rudy Norman) Purple AE86. Taken from his house this morning at 4 am and was last seen of the NorthSouth Highway heading towards Johore. Please anyone if you see an AE86 in bright purple spotting a GT wing , please contact me (Ariff) immediately 0122109865 thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience