Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Help..in dilemma of choosing

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Ride&Handling

Known Member
greetings to all tezza taikos, im somewhat u call a member-want-to-be la..coz im yet to buy the all-time hot and sexy tezza..in order to satisfies myself of getting one, ive did some survey and test drives on a seling-tezza members which mostly due to upgrading car.

I would appreciate if anyone can provide some guide and suggestion on making this selection, or should i look for more tezza for comparison..

1. RS200 Z version Auto year '98
A lot of TRD stuff (caps here and there, air filter)
New RE001 tyre 225/45R17, std tezza rim
Ekzos very big HKS 2.5++ inch
Tein HA hi low soft hard
Mileage 78k
Sound proofing all round (but still noise penetration bcoz exzos quite loud)

slight leaking on the head cover and rear differential
no sound system, only hv rear component speakers
scratch here and there, chipping and all (need repaint)
Inside head cover (opened the cap), got quite thick brown blemishes (need top overhaul)

test driven the car and its smooth and no unusual noise.
price : 78,800 nego (maybe can push lower than 75k)

2. RS200 Z version Auto year '01
No TRD goodies
Old tyre only left 20% and need replacement pronto
Sunroof
Ekzos also very big HKS 2.3++ inch
No leaking found
Adjustables susp (dono brand) hi low only
Std sound system

Colour White, Paint not too bad although slight unbalance due to touch ups
Mileage 199k
Engine noise quite distinctive..like valve noise and tepet sound (also need top overhaul)

did not test drive because the dealer dont give..well i suspect the car not as good in terms of
ride quality and power delivery
price 85k (best price 83k)

so can tezza taikos help me decide..should i opt for low mileage and recond the car abit or goo for high mileage but less recond needed..or should i wait and look for something else..
please help!! and thank you for reading my long essay..:adore:

i will choose the 1st one,
sound system, can install anytime later.
top overhaul, sooner or later also u need to do (choosing 2nd one also u might need to do also)
paints, small matter to touch-up/re-paint.
and since u hv test driven the 1st one (which is smooth and no usual noice).
go for it.
just my 2cents.

i will choose the 1st one,
sound system, can install anytime later.
top overhaul, sooner or later also u need to do (choosing 2nd one also u might need to do also)
paints, small matter to touch-up/re-paint.
and since u hv test driven the 1st one (which is smooth and no usual noice).
go for it.
just my 2cents.

i totally agree with u wfhan..
top overhaul is imminent for both cars n why not i choose the one with lower mileage rite..
just wondering if any tezza taikos can share their experience in top overhauling the 3sge engine? cost wise and spare part wise..?
actually cannot wait to be part of the tezza clan:biggrin:..appreciate tezzas for sharing:adore:

damon, u kno my situation, we sama-same in dilemma ma... hehehe...

Last edited:
mike kasih pm the 6mt owner!!!

u r welcome bro R&H,have not receive any poison yet.pls pm greytezza for the poison appointment

pm'ed shukri aldy..thx man..what abt u guys? havent got the rite kind of poison yet?:))

I think wfhan hasn't got the poison yet...maybe altezza doesn't have enough poison for him.:wavey:

wfhan:So gave up searching for an altezza d?

blacktezza,

wego get poison for him together? two cars...more booth space for poison...hahah!:rofl::rofl:

Hey nitrous16...U forgot about me and AE111-SEG ahh..:argh: We know blacktezza ride is very sexy and chun lah..dont have to be so friend friend with him. Just show him this sign..:thefinger: sudah cukup.:rofl:

But I have told davidgm16 to help poison him also.....:biggrin:

I think wfhan hasn't got the poison yet...maybe altezza doesn't have enough poison for him.:wavey:

wfhan:So gave up searching for an altezza d?

blacktezza,

wego get poison for him together? two cars...more booth space for poison...hahah!:rofl::rofl:

Hey nitrous16...U forgot about me and AE111-SEG ahh..:argh: We know blacktezza ride is very sexy and chun lah..dont have to be so friend friend with him. Just show him this sign..:thefinger: sudah cukup.:rofl:

But I have told davidgm16 to help poison him also.....:biggrin:

haha.... B'P

poison yes, but i got other priority of commitment to settle first.:embarassed:

so far, eddie, your poison is very gaugau more gau than old town double-dose white coffee..:tee:

and actually david was the one i poisoned on altezza in the first place:deal:, apparently
he found his quicker than me as he is not as choosy and indecisive like me..:joyman:

wfhan..good to see u back in the forum bro...
How was the healing...:biggrin:
But after u kena our poison...there is no antidote already...:rofl:

looking at the both choices, i would recommend to survey on more tezza's first.. the first one is abt 10 years already... so problems might seem to arise one by one. Unless of course we got the past service records.. but if i have to choose from the 2, i'd go for the first one.. cheers bro..

1st choice! any other available? not much of a choice...a newer one?:rofl:

so hard to find nowadays la bro..i went to selayang car market, pj sunday market..all dont have one. perhaps all tezza owner are too satisfied to sell their ride..

still looking..keeping my eyes wide open..manual or tiptronic also can..

Bump:

thnx man..

Online now

Search

Featured thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom