Why people lazy too use extra locks?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Based on my survey on relatives and friends, most of them are lazy to use extra locks (steering, gear, pedal lock) when parking their cars outside. Most of the reportedly stolen cars in this forum also didn't use extra locks. Is it that hard to do? :confused:

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Based on my survey on relatives and friends, most of them are lazy to use extra locks (steering, gear, pedal lock) when parking their cars outside. Most of the reportedly stolen cars in this forum also didn't use extra locks. Is it that hard to do? :confused:
haiya?lazy?very dangerous bro...must throw the laziness...coz the thief are very2 heppy if we dont use extra lock..that make easier to them to take away the cars...pls change our behaviour to assure our care safe and avoid from car stealing....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some ppl think...

better be safe than sorry...

others prefer

to learn from hard lesson....

while other

think they are lucky and smart and could never be a victim....

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
so what do you guys suggest other than standard lock?
i suggest u use all available locks in d market.

confirm no thieves would steal ur car or even try to steal it

and yes, including the mr bean's lock too :biggrin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I use steering lock, gear lock and pedal lock, all three of them whenever I park at Tesco or Giant. If I just park for 1-5min I use at least one of the locks.

These locks won't make your car impossible to steal but at least it will make the thief's work difficult, takes more time to steal or make them lose interest at all.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

haha.. isn't it too obvious with many locks....aiyoo...:hmmmm:
More obvious the better, because it will make the thief lose interest and go find other car to steal.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I use steering lock, gear lock and pedal lock, all three of them whenever I park at Tesco or Giant. If I just park for 1-5min I use at least one of the locks.

These locks won't make your car impossible to steal but at least it will make the thief's work difficult, takes more time to steal or make them lose interest at all.

More obvious the better, because it will make the thief lose interest and go find other car to steal.
Exactly! Cuz it's not as much as making the car fool proof from theft but making it more difficult/more risky and hence a lot less appealing to the thieves COMPARED to other cars around! Thieves will always look for cars which are the easiest for them to steal, so of course if they see one that has a good alarm, immobilizer, and additional lock next to another one which has none of those but just std crappy alarm, of course the choice for them is to steal the one without any additional protections. It's all about a game of risk.

For those who said they're too lazy to use additional protection, I'd say is just like screwing around freely with anyone without protection! I do hope though that they'll still be lucky enough not to regret it! But I think it's not as much because they're lazy to use it, but more like they do not want to spend the extra money for it, and/or already pessimistic/do not trust those additional locks, and/or do not know how to select a relatively good one.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

Note: Require extra effort

Note: require cash only

Note: require portable air pump.

Note: Depends on how smart is the installer and also how many people knows where the wires connected. RM200 onwards.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
all tidak apa attitude...when car got stolen then complaint here & there...that time its too late edi
i will put steering lock even though i just pop into a restaurant to get a quick bite...we never know wat will happen.

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
lazy is one thing...btw, it also depends on the thief determination to get the car too...some even resort to steal inside the owner house compound and even disengaged the auto gate installed... most thief do it because of got high demand..if the car model is on high demand in their wanted list...you will probably be on their radar ady...just waiting for the right moment...most car stolen is in stock condition...highly modded car less attractive to get stolen...usually they will just break into the car and steal the gadgets installed inside the car...

highboost

Known Member
Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Note: Require extra effort

Note: require cash only

Note: require portable air pump.

Note: Depends on how smart is the installer and also how many people knows where the wires connected. RM200 onwards.

the disk lock kindda heavy for many users..but hey..its the safety we concern..right...:proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, I'm currently doing valve cover polishing. it's not done yet, but Im documenting it on http://www.tzywen.com. Great diy for show cars! enjoy =D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience