Warning! Dont leave valuables in your car! Find out why....

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
There is a syndicate(s) of thieves going around housing areas, shopping malls car parks and other unattended cars at car parks "opening" locked cars with alarm using....

"frequency detectors"

to detect the frequency of your car alarm system and remote control door lock.

Once your frequency is detected,

They will "clone" it and disarm the alarm and open your car doors within minutes!

So whatever valuables in your car will also be gone in matter of minutes..

Such as laptops, mobile phones, smartphones jewellery. smart tag, cash & coins etc.

You wont find any signs of break ins, no breaking of windscreen etc but your things are gone!

Similar to the case of feezdya's Skyline in neighbouring thread...

The frequency detectors are similar to the ones used by remote control keys duplicators...

So I hope my thread will warn others not to keep valuables in their car!

Anyone had similar break-ins please post your experience here...

Or probably someone has got a gadget that can "prevent" others from detecting the frequency of our remote control? :mad: :idea: :confused::rofl:

Last edited:

JFD9777

Feb 12, 2013
Johor
My friend jus got lucky his car not stolen.the thieves came around 4 am.luckily my friend still awake.it was not the thing inside the car that they wanted but the car itself.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
In RC (Radio Control) world, 2.4Ghz have frequency hoping system.
The only receiver communicate with 1 transmitter only after bind. So, there's no interference.

It's not a fixed frequency like the old spectrum which you need to change the cyrstal to change the frequency..

I believe the expensive alarm system is using this system. Everything when converts to automotive will becomes expensive.
Even it is cheap in other application.